Rooney apologises for critcism.

SamScfc

WINNING
Reaction score
Just read this on Phil McNulty's facebook, and yes it is real.

Wayne Rooney apologises for criticising England fans. He was wrong & had no choice. He's done it. Hopefully he & supporters can move on.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Phil-McNulty/234021593594

and: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Rooney-apologises-for-rounding-on-fans.html

For me personally, I'll forgive him, I know he didn't mean it, it was out of frustration, he knows he was wrong, and if it wasn't for him, maybe we wouldn't even be in the World Cup.

Last edited:
am not sticking up for him at all, he should never of said it but dont we all say things we regret during the heat of battle?

Best quote ever: Gary Smith, 42, a draughtsman from south London said: "Rooney was probably frustrated after having a bad game, but he was not as frustrated as I was having come all this way and having spent all this money to watch rubbish. If he doesn't want us to boo give us something to cheer about."

i heard that people have took out a mortgage to see england play, and after seeing that performance last night i feel sorry for the people that have done that, they come to see ENGLAND!!! not crappy football, capello was wrong to sub heskey he should of subbd rooney, and then rooney would of realised, how ***** he was actually playin

Was probably more annoyed at himself and the team when he said it.

Bit stupid of him after saying his temper wouldn't be a problem in South Africa. I agree with the majority of the supporters though, and that quote above. If they don't want booing give us something to cheer about.

he shouldnt of said that but can understand why he did. he more than anyone else needs to prove what he can do now.

In fairness they shouldn't have been booing but when someone pays aload of money to go and watch England in South Africa they do expect a performance agaisnt an weak Algeria side

Did his response honestly warrant this? Everyone should know it was a heat of the moment thing.

FA obviously worried it will cost them merchandising money.

In all fairness what he said was completely justified, last night us English should have got behind the players not on their backs. But at the same time us booing them was completely justified aswell, 23 players were chosen to participate in the WC under the England banner and not one of them turned up last night.

Fair play to him for apologising though.

He's right apologising, fans spend a lot of money/ go out of there way to watch our National idols and they can't get a win over Algeria?

In all fairness what he said was completely justified, last night us English should have got behind the players not on their backs. But at the same time us booing them was completely justified aswell, 23 players were chosen to participate in the WC under the England banner and not one of them turned up last night.

Fair play to him for apologising though.
If id just spent hundreds of pounds, travelled half way round the world and was served up that i think i would of booed too.

We didn't even have any chances. If we had battered them but simply missed chances then fair enough but Algeria where actually the better team ffs.

the team deserved to be booed and he did especially. I wouldn't mind seeing Capello do what Grayson did with Beckford and drop him to show he's playing **** and then bring him back so he knows he has to play well to be in the team.

Feel sorry for all the people that went out there to see England, I was jealous of my mate going to South Africa, I couldn't afford it and I'm now glad I couldn't. Going all that way to watch a dismal display, bet he's as ****** as the rest of them.

Still don't think this apology was needed, just a heat of the moment thing that anyone would do.

There is no right and wrong to this argument.

I dont call a press statement obviously written by some PR consultant an apology. He doesnt give a toss about the fans as a few others but you cant blame them with their mollycoddled world celebre ;(

Thats a disgrace that hes been told to appoligise, hes entitled to an opinion and why after player 90 mins of an international match should he have a microphone shoved under him and a camera in his face. The media have done this, they have tried to make him public enemy number 1, hes going to say something he shouldnt straight after a match as he hasnt been able to think about the match and compose his thoughts. Wayne Rooney is human is allowed to have an opinion, quite frankly is he hadnt reacted I would be worried, playing football at the highest level is an emotional experience and this shows he cares. The problem here isnt what he said, but when he said it STRAIGHT AFTER 90 MINS OF INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL!! whens hes emotional. Its the same with managers, they shouldnt speak to the media until the next day after a match when they have had time to reflect and they wont say stupid things, this wont happen because the media love it when they say and do things wrong so that they can blow everything out of proportion. Rooney shouldnt have apologised, hes done nothing wrong.