• Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

*JK*

19th Title Here we Come
Reaction score
England boss believes duo will be good pairing up front

England boss Fabio Capello cannot wait to pair Andy Carroll and Wayne Rooney up front for the Three Lions.

Newcastle talisman Carroll proved a handful for France when he made his England debut in Wednesday's 2-1 Wembley defeat to Les Bleus.

Rooney was absent for the friendly but made his Manchester United comeback from injury against Wigan on Saturday and Capello is looking forward to seeing the pair play together.

He said: "They will be a good combination.

"Not only is Carroll really good in the air, he has good movement, he can bring other players into the game when he receives the ball, he can dribble and is always looking for the goal.

"When I saw him playing for Newcastle against Arsenal (in which he scored the winner) he surprised me and this week he confirmed what I saw."
More careful

Carroll's private life has hit the headlines in recent weeks and Capello has advised the 21-year-old he needs to be more careful in future.

"I spoke with him and told him what he does is really important because the press, the TV and the photographers will be focusing on him and his behaviour," said the England boss.

"He has to be careful at every moment, when you drink, the friends you choose because he is in the mind, my mind, journalists' minds and supporters' minds."

As for Rooney, Capello believes the ace must now start playing regularly for United to get back to his best.

He added: "Everyone knows that when Rooney is fit and in good form, he is one of the best players in the world.

"He makes a difference.

"Look at France. Without Karim Benzema they are another team.

"Some players are too important.

100 per cent

"But we all know Rooney needs to be fit. When you play at his level you have to be fitter than you would normally. At 100 per cent.

"That is why it is so important for him to play games with United."

Capello also defended the choice of France as opponents, believing his side must play tough games - even in friendlies - to improve.

"When we play at Wembley, if we start well, the confidence is high and everything is easy," said Capello.

"When you start so-so, then the pressure increases and you play without confidence.

"For this reason it's very important that the young players play these games and not in easy games.

"It is our choice. If we want to win we can play against easy sides. If we want to improve we have to play against good ones."

So Capello picked him based on one performance, Newcastle v Arsenal? Good to know...

not sure how you have come to the conclusion hes picked him off one game when hes been doing all season. the arsenal game was just another standout performance, especically since he has talked about carroll before

Where does it say that? All it says is he was impressed with him in that game. Doesn't say he picked him purely because of it.

Sigh...

"Simple as" nothing.

I went to all the World Cup Qualifyers and the friendlys inbetween and we have got worse simple as that.

Carroll is just a lump of **** !! they said he had a good debut against France because he won everything in the air. Well a 6ft 5 FUG should be able to win a header.

Carroll is just a lump of **** !! they said he had a good debut against France because he won everything in the air. Well a 6ft 5 FUG should be able to win a header.
well done for showing you dont watch much of carroll...

I went to all the World Cup Qualifyers and the friendlys inbetween and we have got worse simple as that.

We've got worse from failing to qualify for Euro 2008? If you really did go to all the qualifiers and friendlies, you'd know that you're talking utter rubbish.

Phillipe Mexes is a excellent centre half who had Drogba in his pocket when we last played Roma. Carroll needs support upfront and Rooney would be the best bet without a dout.

infact i do. thats my opinion of him and you cant tell me if im right or wrong !
no but i can say its flawed and somewhat nonsensical in light of the facts, since hes actually very good with his feet. its not his fault that the england players simply lump it up to him, when the ball came into his feet he held it up well, but there was lack of support from the midfield

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

In that case, your opinion is a pile of wank and worth nothing, in my opinion. :)
you're a man after my own heart.

well done for showing you dont watch much of carroll...

I think this is the same guy that thinks Carlton Cole is like the worst player West Ham have :S

again he has talked about him before, and watched him at st james...

...yes. I don't see your point. We can't tell how he was surprised. All it says is that he was surprised by Carroll's performance, not that he was going to pick him solely because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back