Rooney denies ankle injury claim

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 2K
He needs to not going any further, re tract his coments and suck up to fergie for a while. Otherwise he will go, He aint to big or too good, **** it we played all this season with out him and havent lost yet.
i get the feeling the likes of giggs and scholes will be having a quiet word in his ear

Not a wise move Mr Rooney, yes we all know Fergie was bullshitting when he said Rooney was carrying a injury and we all knew he wasen't performing because of personal reasons but. Fergie said this to give the media somthing else to write about to take their storys off his private life and Rooney comes out and dismisses the injury. Like what Scott has been saying Fergie goes with the policy that no man is bigger than the club and rightfully so, if Rooney left Utd would still be a force just like they were when they got rid of other big names. If worse comes to worse we will take Wayne off your hands haha, Wazza and Drogs up front yes please!!!

To be honest, if he didn't have an ankle injury, Fergie should of said he dropped him instead.

"No, I've had no ankle problem all season," said Rooney when asked about his problems on the fitness front. It's not like he's done anything wrong, he isn't going up against Ferguson as some people are suggesting, he is just being honest.

As Jack said, Rooney was only telling the truth. I don't think people should be criticised for admitting that their lack of form was not due to an injury, but simply not playing well. It should be Ferguson in the firing line, for openly lying when everyone knew it wasn't true.

i get the feeling the likes of giggs and scholes will be having a quiet word in his ear

And a good thing that would be too. Quite apart from them being still utterly quality players, their role in being model professionals and experienced, calming influences is equally invaluable, I suspect.

But surely he knows Fergie only said he was injured to keep him out of the firing line? Making Fergie out to be a liar (which he obviously is) cant possibly help rooney's cause

But surely he knows Fergie only said he was injured to keep him out of the firing line? Making Fergie out to be a liar (which he obviously is) cant possibly help rooney's cause

I'm sure Rooney didn't contradict Ferguson on purpose, when questioned on his fitness, he first thought was probably to say that he hasn't been injured this season. I doubt Fergie's comments about him being injured came to mind. Fergie won't punish Rooney for being honest.

Jack, Fergie said something to protect rooney, wayne should of gone along with it, instead of thinking he didnt need fergie help or protection. When his performance quite clear show he does.

I still don't think he should have gone along with it. We should be encouraging honesty in the game, rather than hiding behind pathetic excuses. I think it's good that Rooney has admitted that he's just short of form with no physical reasons for his poor performances.

I still don't think he should have gone along with it. We should be encouraging honesty in the game, rather than hiding behind pathetic excuses. I think it's good that Rooney has admitted that he's just short of form with no physical reasons for his poor performances.

he didnt Admitt he was short of form. All he said was he hadnt had an ankle injury of any sort and he doesnt know why Fergie said he did. completely different, basically he has contradicted Fergie.

he didnt Admitt he was short of form. All he said was he hadnt had an ankle injury of any sort and he doesnt know why Fergie said he did. completely different, basically he has contradicted Fergie.

BBC Sport said:
He added: "When you are going through the run I am now, you just have to keep working hard.

"I know I've been through this before and once one goal goes in, I am sure I will get more but it's just getting that goal.

"If you don't score, and you have chances, you are disappointed. I want to score but I have got a lot of games left in the season. I am sure this run without scoring will end soon."

Surely that is admitting he's short of form?

Surely that is admitting he's short of form?

Still, He still said He had no idea what fergie was on about, all that needs saying is that someone better have there tail between there legs at training this morning.

We'll have to just disagree then. He's only telling the press the truth about the situation. The only reason he's ended up contradicting Ferguson (knowingly or not) is because Ferguson talked about some fictional injury he claimed Rooney had.

We'll have to just disagree then. He's only telling the press the truth about the situation. The only reason he's ended up contradicting Ferguson (knowingly or not) is because Ferguson talked about some fictional injury he claimed Rooney had.

To Protect Wayne from our very sceptical media and williing to crash wayne in an moment, It is pretty clear Fergies Lie was to protect wayne.

Jeez, Fergie operates in interesting ways, next time Rooney's injured, I won't know what to believe.

Jeez, Fergie operates in interesting ways, next time Rooney's injured, I won't know what to believe.

He is protecting his player from the media as his marriage was in tatters, He was trying to back wayne Publicly whilst dropping him. To try and show he was on waynes side, I dont think it was that hard to grasps. clealry wayne lacks in a few brain cells,

So Rooney just sucks then?

I knew he was overrated on Fifa.

I just heard a interview with Patrick Barclay who has just wrote a biography on Sir Alex and is good friends with him and even he said it reminds him of the same situation when Beckham ended up leaving Utd.

So Rooney just sucks then?

I knew he was overrated on Fifa.

no he has a lot of personal stuff going on, and top level sport is player 90% of the time in your own head. and his head is clearly not right.

Back