gregsta

Reaction score
Can someone help me with best instructions to get the best out of Rooney?

Can someone help me with best instructions to get the best out of Rooney?

More information required mate. Where are you playing him? What style of play does your team play? What do you want him to do?

Personally, I'd want Rooney playing off a main striker. Possibly with a free role in the AMC position. I'd give him plenty of creative freedom and allow him to do whatever he wanted. But then I manage Bognor Regis so what I want may not be what Manchester United need. :D

In FM 08 I always did, this haven't had him on FM 09, and probs wont unless I manage England in the next few seasons (He's about 28 in my game now)

On FM 08 I did.

Mentality: Fourteen
Creative Freedom: Sixteen
Passing Style: Mixed (Around 10)
Closing Down: Often (Around 17)
Tackling: Easy

Forward Runs: Mixed
Runs with ball: Mixed
Long Shots: Often
Through Balls: Often
Cross Ball: Mixed or Rare

Hold Up Ball: Yes
Free Role: No

These settings on FM 08 (Same settings used for Dean Ashton) got him a goal and an assist every 2 games. People normally exagerate a bit, but that is the facts there. Obviously on FM 09 it'd be differant, but these settings slightly differ from the typical Target Man, as Rooney isn't (Don't use him as Target Man). These settings allowed Rooney to play like Rooney. He had a good mentality between attack and midfielder, which meant he linked up the play. With mixed passing, he had a range of short and long passing with the creative freedom to combine.

Hope it works on FM 09.

At the moment Im Playing a 433 Role theory style tactic. I have Rooney playing as AML, but am thinking of moving him to FC position as I have Mata on the left now.

My main goal for him is to get 20 goals a season and to bring in other players. as i know if done right I can get 40 goals a season out of Ronaldo.

The style of play Im aiming for is Barcelona style. Early days yet so am tweaking player instructions to get the best out of them in the formation.The attacking players (MC,MC AML,AMR and FC) are all set to short passing, mentality 16, closing down 16.

Train Rooney as AMR and the instructions is like in the screen shot.

i stick him up front for me but thats just

oh and nice skin whats ones that ? if u dnt mind me asking