Rooney replacement in second season..?

chrisgreg

Reaction score
I fined him 2 weeks wages for getting a red card and he got so annoyed that he won't talk to me anymore, he's constantly on very poor morale etc..

So i'm guessing he's going to request a transfer soon.
But I don't know who I can pick up for him instead..

I'd be happy to spend all the money I get for him as the rest of my team is pretty awesome.

I'm playing an online game with my friends so obvious options like Neymar, Aguero etc aren't available since theyve been taken..

But I want a player on Rooneys level

Niang is young, personally I could see Falcao working well as a Rooney replacement, might take him time to settle though. I regard Rooney as a complete forward, which are pretty rare imo, for a view to the future - Babacar? Lukaku maybe? For a more proven player perhaps poaching Van Persie or perhaps cheaper bringin Rossi back to MU?

Fair enough.

Thing is though, i'm essentially looking for a poacher though since that's what Rooney plays as for me.

Haven't played Hernandez too much since I only play one Striker but I guess I could just play Hernandez and get a backup?

Fair enough.

Thing is though, i'm essentially looking for a poacher though since that's what Rooney plays as for me.

Haven't played Hernandez too much since I only play one Striker but I guess I could just play Hernandez and get a backup?

if that´s the case play chicharito. He´s insane as a poacher. for a backup i would go to Paloshi (in my benfica save he is a beast and Fierro who is younger but will become godlike)

Yup - Niang is expensive but if you are looking for a poacher i'd say him every day of the week. Rotate him and chica. If you don't want to spend 25+ mil then get Fierro but be prepared for some awful performances in the PL from the start with him.

Yeah Hernandez is amazing, even under the computers tutorage. Fierro becomes beastly at any team in any league.

Yup - Niang is expensive but if you are looking for a poacher i'd say him every day of the week. Rotate him and chica. If you don't want to spend 25+ mil then get Fierro but be prepared for some awful performances in the PL from the start with him.

I disagree. I honestly can't recall ever seeing him player under a 6.2 for me (which I know is bad, but awful? no), I find 90% of the time he can play from game start, though obvously without burning him out. Last 20 minutes, weaker opposition kind of thing, averages 10 in 15 sort of form as a poacher, either lone with an AM behind him or with a TM next to him, he is the boy.

Yeah Hernandez is amazing, even under the computers tutorage. Fierro becomes beastly at any team in any league.

I disagree. I honestly can't recall ever seeing him player under a 6.2 for me (which I know is bad, but awful? no), I find 90% of the time he can play from game start, though obvously without burning him out. Last 20 minutes, weaker opposition kind of thing, averages 10 in 15 sort of form as a poacher, either lone with an AM behind him or with a TM next to him, he is the boy.

anything under 7.0 is bad imo. Obviously everyone has differing levels of player performance. I play Niang and he's in the range of 7.2 + with Sigporrson 7.0+ if they are below 7.0 after 50 mins I sub them off. Fierro for me was being subbed constantly so I started using him as a sub bringing him on for the last 20 ish mins and he was dynamite - he started nearly every match the season after.

I don't consider under 7.0 good, I just don't consider it bad. Averaging over 7 is important first team player stats, and as I play uber-wenger style with three or four u18 players (or more accurately, regens), over 7 is hardly my entire team. My strikers normally average over 7.5, midfielders and defenders 6.7-7 and who cares what the goalkeeper averages.

So.. who should I get then? lol

I can apparently get Niang for 4m since no ones bought him but he's only rated 3 stars potential for me..

And Carlos fierros stats look pretty bad to be honest..

Are you playing FM12?! lol.

Well scout other well known strikers. How much do you have to spend?

Only Aguero can replace Rooney, its a big fail to sell Rooney, he is one of the best players in game

Rossi is basically the same player as Rooney.

What do you think about getting pastore and playing 4-4-1-1?

Even as a right winger Cavani scored for me around 20 goals...

higuiain was out of this world on my city save 23 in 25 in prem with 12 games to go pato benzema van persie villa also ibrahimovic is gr8