Rooney shortlisted for PFA award

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 988

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney leads the nominations for the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award.

More...

Yeah fabregas & rooney don't need to be on YP :S

Isn't the YP up to 23? If so Fabregas is fine.

Yeah but they shud put it to U21 so then players like hart get more recognition
Rooney will just get both awards easily.. :S

Fabregas and Rooney on YP Shortlist? Bullshit. If they are nominated for Player of the Year they shouldn't be nominated for Young Player as well :S

to get on the YP you must be 23 or younger at the start of the season, rooney turned 24 in october. dont see why rooney and fabregas shouldnt be on both, since they are not only outstanding young players, but outstanding players in general. not rocket science

Carlos Tevez and Didier Drogba have also been shortlisted for the PFA award,Sky Sports News suggests.

should be under 23 at the end of the season, not the start. no one would consider Rooney a young player anymore.

The young player of the year award this season is basically going to be a back up for Cesc or Rooney if they don't win player of the season, it's pointless.

If you're going to make the young player of the year award up to 23 year olds, you may aswell do the same to the England under 21's and let people 23 years or under play. Complete joke.

All about Joe Hart to be honest. Goalkeepers don't get the credit they deserve!

He has won us so many points this season, with top notch saves.
I hope Mr.Mancini, thinks he's ****, so he sells him to us! :D
Keep Right On!

Why did people not moan when Ronaldo won both. Just because we have two outstanding young talents, people moan. The rules have been the same for ages.

The young player of the year award this season is basically going to be a back up for Cesc or Rooney if they don't win player of the season, it's pointless.

If you're going to make the young player of the year award up to 23 year olds, you may aswell do the same to the England under 21's and let people 23 years or under play. Complete joke.
agree on the age thing but thems the rules. thouhh i think either you drop the YPA age to 21, or allow U23's to play. i think the randomness comes in cos you have the olympic football which is U23

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Why did people not moan when Ronaldo won both. Just because we have two outstanding young talents, people moan. The rules have been the same for ages.
i know, it smacks of double standards

i belive its what age they are at the start of the season so rooney would have been 23

Everyone get off your high horse. there is no problem with people being up for to. the rules clearly state if you are 23 or younger on the first of august you can be conisdered for Young Player. It is like saying Players cant play for the u21s if they are in the Senior squad even though they are young enough. They qualify for the adward so lets them try and win it.

Personally i just dont see the point of nominating players for both Player and Young player of the year.

either joe hart or james milner should win the YPA in my opinion because they deserve it more than fabregas and rooney who get enough media attention.

Everyone get off your high horse. there is no problem with people being up for to. the rules clearly state if you are 23 or younger on the first of august you can be conisdered for Young Player. It is like saying Players cant play for the u21s if they are in the Senior squad even though they are young enough. They qualify for the adward so lets them try and win it.
Rooney has less hair than my Grandad,that should rule him out of contention for the Young Player award.

Back