Rooney targets long Man Utd stay

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Wayne Rooney is keen to have a long spell as a Manchester United player.

More...

Until he gets upset and wants another bumper contract? :)

I believe him. I think he will stay at United for the rest of his career. I can't imagine him at any other club.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Couldn't take his word for it.

I believe him. I think he will stay at United for the rest of his career. I can't imagine him at any other club.

True. Anyways knowing that he is a greedy ******* he will not move because no other team will pay him £250,000 grand a week.

We're not even paying him that. We're paying him about 180K p/w according to our figures etc, but still I honestly don't think he would fit in anywhere else. He's one of the only players Fergie has bought that he has tried to fix his team around.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Couldn't take his word for it.
in his case, actions definitely speak louder than words, he should concentrate on getting back to form before making such statements.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

hes trying to placate the sceptical OT faithful, but the best way of doing that is on the pitch

True. Anyways knowing that he is a greedy ******* he will not move because no other team will pay him £250,000 grand a week.

Em City,Barcelona,Real,AC Milan among others would im sure.

This isnt an anti Man U statement,i just dont like Rooney.

Em City,Barcelona,Real,AC Milan among others would im sure.

This isnt an anti Man U statement,i just dont like Rooney.

AC & Barca are in real debt, City wouldn't pay him that as even they haven't got that money and Real are in debt too!

I am a Man Utd fan, but I'm not a big fan of Rooney. Besides, it's obvious he will have a long career at Man Utd, the only other team he could play for is Real Madrid....

Most big clubs are in debt now. Its a natural thing. What im saying is that if Rooney really wanted to leave there would be several options....

Back on topic : I believe that hes saying this because hes trying to get back in the fans good books after the drama of the last few months and his poor form... :)

Can anyone smell ****? ... No 1 knows how much I hate this FAT SCOUSE *****

Im pretty sure he is just trying to get the fans back on his side with this comment.

I can't believe him after the saga, but I'd rather he shows it on the pitch than talking to the media.

I don't think there will be contract bumper or no bumper. I hope, he is sold in the summer for huge money but only if the money is spent on players. I know thats a big IF.
He is not worth 180+k p/w. Only two players in the world are worth that much and I don't think they are coming to UTD any time soon.

Last edited:
I'm still under the impression that his new contract was just to ensure an acceptable transfer fee for United over the summer.

Guess we'll see.

Back