Rooney targets long Man Utd stay

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K
I'm still under the impression that his new contract was just to ensure an acceptable transfer fee for United over the summer.

Guess we'll see.

If it is, then I highly doubt that he'd of come out and said this.. surely he'd of just stayed quiet.

Money talks bullshit runs the marathon. But then again other than SAF (who isn't going to be around forever) he is the face of UTD, he might be able to get a higher wage somewhere but he's got no chance of recouping the money that he'll lose from endorsement deals playing for one of the top clubs in England as a homegrown talent. He's no Beckham. He neither has the looks or marketing savvy to make it work. If he goes turncoat and goes to a rival like City then he's just as screwed beause UTD is a global marketing phenomenon while City is well-City. His best bet financially is to stay put and get into form and regain his status as a goalscorer instead of a sulky passenger.

Last edited:
AC & Barca are in real debt, City wouldn't pay him that as even they haven't got that money and Real are in debt too!

Debt is nothing in football these days. Credit is so easy to get at the moment and just becuase a club is in debt doesn't mean they can't sign big players. Barce have made it pretty clear they still want the likes of Fabregas. With the revenue they create from all the trophies and players then that certainly does help.

I have lost all the respect I had for Rooney in the past few months . First the revelations of his personal life and then the contract saga and the bullshit he said about the club's ambition (which was most likely just a ploy to get a huge contract) . I dont think he is going to stay at United for the rest of his career , I'd give it 2 , 3 years tops before he leaves for another club . At least now we will get a good fee for him . This talk is just a ploy to prevent any major backlash from the fans .

Back