• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney tells a Twitter follower "I'll put u asleep within 10 seconds" after being provoked on the social networking site.

More...

is this what passes for news these days

god almighty, this is what part of our licence goes on...

At least say what the person said to Rooney which was "Rooney ya fat w***e ill smash ya head in with a pitchin wedge an bury ya with a ballast fork ya fat ugly lil n***e."

Fair play to Rooney for sticking up for himself.

Seems to me, someone is desperate to get Rooney punished again-and where else but twitter. And what a surprise, it surfaces as a Beeb story. I mean for f***s sake, it was banter. It seems people don't like it when Rooney behaves himself, and do their best to wind up Englands best player. I'm sick of this media hounding of SAF, Rooney, or footballers in general, when it comes to the most irrelevant things you can imagine. I mean for gods sake, this account could've been temporary for all we know, to wind up celebs or footballers and make a f***ing name for themselves. It was an abusive tweet-and what a surprise that gets the smallest mention, whereas Rooneys tweet gets the most coverage for gods sake. Yes maybe he should've ignored it, but to be honest, he's had to put up with so many arseholes lately, he's got every right to respond to it the way he did. It's more likely it's just...and get ready for this Beeb, it may be hard for you thickhead twonks to realise this.......A CYBERTHREAT!!!!
And as for you BBC, I just started paying the licence fee again. Now you can shove it up your useless arses

Seems to me, someone is desperate to get Rooney punished again-and where else but twitter. And what a surprise, it surfaces as a Beeb story. I mean for f***s sake, it was banter. It seems people don't like it when Rooney behaves himself, and do their best to wind up Englands best player. I'm sick of this media hounding of SAF, Rooney, or footballers in general, when it comes to the most irrelevant things you can imagine. I mean for gods sake, this account could've been temporary for all we know, to wind up celebs or footballers and make a f***ing name for themselves. It was an abusive tweet-and what a surprise that gets the smallest mention, whereas Rooneys tweet gets the most coverage for gods sake. Yes maybe he should've ignored it, but to be honest, he's had to put up with so many arseholes lately, he's got every right to respond to it the way he did. It's more likely it's just...and get ready for this Beeb, it may be hard for you thickhead twonks to realise this.......A CYBERTHREAT!!!!
And as for you BBC, I just started paying the licence fee again. Now you can shove it up your useless arses

Fun fact: BBC don't have the right to enter your home if you don't pay the fee. The adverts are just a huge scare tactic.

Fun fact: BBC don't have the right to enter your home if you don't pay the fee. The adverts are just a huge scare tactic.

Wish I knew that before. "Had" to let an enforcer in last time round. Won't be making that mistake again. Will quite happily tell them to go forth and multiply

Wish I knew that before. "Had" to let an enforcer in last time round. Won't be making that mistake again. Will quite happily tell them to go forth and multiply

They can hire bailiff's etc. to do it, but generally the court costs and hassle aren't worth your fee. Occasionally they'll sweep a town, as scare tactics again.

Would you mind explaining me what exactly do you pay them for and why do you have to let a guy into your house? Not a Brit so I'm curious.

They can hire bailiff's etc. to do it, but generally the court costs and hassle aren't worth your fee. Occasionally they'll sweep a town, as scare tactics again.

Pretty much. The elderly are favourite targets for them. Heard some absolute horror stories about the tactics. Tbh, they take the mick, especially if you don't have a tv, but still have to pay for a license of you have a PC that recieves programmes-even though not BBC made. Was knackered, but wide awake now cause I've got meself annoyed. They always get me angry. Think I'll have a cup of hot chocolate to chill lol

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Would you mind explaining me what exactly do you pay them for and why do you have to let a guy into your house? Not a Brit so I'm curious.

It's a law if you have a device capable of recieving a tv signal-any device, you must pay a license fee. Which goes to the Beeb. And "have" to let them in, to make sure you don't have a device that recieves tv signals, if you say you don't have one.
Or as Joel said, don't have to let them in, unless there are bailiffs hired by them.

BBC - Press Office - TV Licence Fee: briefing

Last edited:
It's a law if you have a device capable of recieving a tv signal-any device, you must pay a license fee. Which goes to the Beeb. And "have" to let them in, to make sure you don't have a device that recieves tv signals, if you say you don't have one.
Or as Joel said, don't have to let them in, unless their bailiffs hired by them.

Wow. Not cool at all.

Haha lol I saw when he put it on and he was just joking (and I hate Rooney!).

Well, someone's an illiterate cretin!
Also, really should be setting an example?

Complete non story.

His tweets are boring. Neville bros tweets are superb and they always have a good banter..

Back