Roque Santa Cruz... surprisingly good?

Raffazza

Reaction score
Hi there,

Never ever rated him, mainly due to injuries and his frankly poor goal records... However started playing him second half of the season and in 18 games he has scored 16 and 8 assists....

Anyone know if he stays good?

If not at least this form will probably increase his sale value...

nah never had him before! i rated him back at Bayern though, i think he is one of those players which have decent stats but perform relatively well!

I signed him for Real madrid he was available for 3 mil after second season. Best backup i ever had
scored every time i subbed him in and at one point i was thinking of playing him 1st eleven instead of dzeko. But then I sold him in Jan transfer window for 12 mil.

Probably my second best deal after Kaka's where I sold Kaka for 60 mil when he was 31 to city and bought Kroos for 20 mil ( he is immense BTW).

in my game he went on loan in the second season at Everton, he scored 27 goals in 29 games only in the permier league, he was the best league scorer and everton won the premierleague. strange but even stranger is that the next season man city still didnt want him neither everton -buy or loan whatever- and he went on loan at stoke.

I managed to her him for £2.7m from Man City (I love raiding them for quality players when they transfer list them at a steal) and he scored 10 goals in 17 appearances and then had a couple of seasons where he didnt score that many. So i transfer listed him and managed to get £4m from Roma. He's 31 as well and was begninning to grumble that i wasn't playing him (given that i have Lukaku waiting to get a start and ive just signed Kadlec on a free, im looking to make some space. So he and Bojinov had to go). All round a good little bit of business i reckon.

Yeah I've got him in my current Man City game, scored 11 goals in 7( 6 ) games.

Very good.

bought him because wanted to more backup striker and man city offered me....
so i bought him around 1million and didnt register for Leagues games coz its too late....
so i let him play for CL...surprisingly he is very good.....because of him we won.....he scroed every game...

had him in man city but didnt perform well . got adebayor,tevez and signed luis suarez so he couldnt get a lot match experience , so i sold him to stoke for 2,5 mil euro

Yes DEFO!! My man city save i had Tevez, Adebayor, Kun Aguero, Santa cruz, David villa
I played 3 front and Santa Cruz kept Villa and Aguero out..

How were you guys playing him?

Cheers. :)

I play him as a complete forward mate, im sunderland and hes scored 25 goals in 23 games , very good player

Hes a good player irl aswell, hes just had so many injuries

Hes a Trequartista thats where he excels, thats the same for Tevez thats were i play them :)

He is not so bad after all,decent player who can fill in when required and has a eye for goal