sbennie

Reaction score
picture.php

Genoa C.F.C. chairman Enrico Preziosi today announced Englishman Stuart Bennie as manager
. The announcement come after the mutual termination of Gian Piero Gasperini's contract. Fans were shocked at news of Gasperini's departure and are even more so at the arrival of the English amateur. Many popular signings such as Toni and Rafinha were made in the summer by Gasperini and it will be interesting to see how Bennie handles his inherited squad.

During the press conference many questions were asked of the new manager. The response that had many people talking was to how he is going to manage the club.
"I am going to completely rebuilt this club from top to bottom in search of titles and Champions League football"

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

picture.php

picture.php

The upheaval at Genoa being undertaken by the new manager sees many backroom members of staff heading for the exit and many new faces arriving to help stamp the managers ideas and tactics on the squad.

Alessandro Pilati - Strength
Gian Nicola Bisciotti - Aerobic
Nello Malizia - GK - Shot Stopping
Michelangelo Rampulla - GK - Handling
Otto Baric - Tactics
Marcel Lucassen - Ball Control
Angelo Sciuto - Defending
Gianpiero Ventrone - Attacking
Robert Prosinecki - Shooting

Update - Transfers

Genoa sign Verratti

picture.php

Genoa today unveiled their latest summer signing with the capture of Marco Verratti on a 4 year contract. Verratti becomes Bennie's first signing since his arrival.

"I am very happy to welcome Marco to Genoa. With the signings already made this summer, my budget is very slim but we negotiated a fee with Pescara that we were comfortable with. I felt we had to make this transfer happen because Marco has an amazing amount of potential and will have a great future in football, and I hope it will be at Genoa."

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:59 AM ----------

Genoa win Neuton race

picture.php

Genoa today confirmed that Gremio youngster Neuton is to sign in the January transfer window. The young defender's contract is up at end of the year and Bennie was quick to agree terms for the hot prospect, who can play centre or left back, to join the Rossoblu.

"Neuton's agent William Noronha informed me that many clubs were intersted in the availability of Neuton, and suggest offering a contract as soon as possible. However this did not mean we offered the player a ridiculous contract, the board and the player are happy with the deal and I cannot wait to have him at my disposal, he's a great talent."

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

picture.php

Rodrigo Palacio topped the scoring with 7 goals, followed closely by Andrea Ranocchia who scored 5 from corners.
I know these are all weaker sides but if we continue to play the way we have been, we can give the Serie A giants a run for their money with possible European Qualification.

Currently using koflok's Goals Galore 2011 v5 tactics.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:19 PM ----------

August Results

Lazio 0 - 1 Genoa

picture.php

An early goal in this game proved the difference. Captain Dario Dainelli picked up man of the match as well as the goal, but it was his, and the rest of the back four's, actions in defence that made sure victory was secured.

The goal by Dainelli was scored in the 3rd minute of play from a corner delivered by Verratti.
Andrea Ranocchia jumped highest at the far post and with a clean connection he looked certain to add to his tally from pre-season. Unfortunately for him the ball struck the crossbar but bounced back to the quick thinking Dainelli who had a simple tap in to finish.