JCMUtdfan1

Reaction score
In my save I'm getting to the point where I have my first team goalkeeper who's been great for me and I have a young star coming through who's just about ready for first team football. The thing is I've been lucky that my first choice keeper has never been injured for that long as we always play terribly and concede far to many goals when he's not there. So instead of wasting my money on wages for a backup keeper who I'll never use and don't want to use, I was thinking of bringing up my young keeper for the less important games and my first choice keeper for the more important ones.

My question is how much will it affect my team if I rotate goalkeepers like this? I know in real life it can have quite a big effect on the team and I don't want to start conceding unnecessary goals. If anyone can help me with this then that would be awesome. Thanks.

I always choose the youth. My last Real Madrid save i benched Casillas for a 16 year old regen with 1.5* CA 5* PA

Rotating goalkeepers is like having a girlfriend and smashing a girl on the side. Doesn't end well.

i tried the rotating keepers on a save and led to inconsistancy, tended to perform well with my first choice in net but conceeded way too many with the youngster. Works better to loan the youngster out making sure he gets first team football until he can is good enough to start regularly then sell the regular keeper to make some money

Ok thanks for the response guys, I think I'll keep the youngster out on loan for another season or two and stick with my first choice for now and pray that he doesn't get injured lol. Loving that analogy as well miitchh.

I would keep the same keeper in for every single game, when you have a week off just give them two days off like every month or two, just so he can rest a little and come back abit fresher, sell your backup keepr and just place your youth keeper as your backup keeper. You wont need to play him that much unless your keeper gets injured. Aslong as your youth is decent. Make sure he is good enough for the first team tho as a backup!

I would keep the same keeper in for every single game, when you have a week off just give them two days off like every month or two, just so he can rest a little and come back abit fresher, sell your backup keepr and just place your youth keeper as your backup keeper. You wont need to play him that much unless your keeper gets injured. Aslong as your youth is decent. Make sure he is good enough for the first team tho as a backup!

Good advice as I didn't think of resting the keeper in the weeks off we get and I might sell my backup keeper now that you've said that. Thanks :)