Rotating Goalkeepers

haz_

Reaction score
I play as Chelsea in my second season and I am having problems with Cech, Turnball and Hilario. I mostly play Cech, but Turnball and Hilario are complaining about lack of first-team football. Cech is a great goalie for me but the other are pretty average. Does anyone have suggestions for me?

Thanks, haz_

I generally have one first team keeper, one older keeper with lots of experience, and one youngster. I play the youngster for less important games such as league cup, and "easy" european games.

sell Turnbull and Hilario and bring in Renan - Botafogo or Smithies, they are old and kak, get rid of them and bring in a reserve Gk or two!

Oscar Ustari - Getafe
Carlos Kameni - Espanyol
Andrea Consigli - Atalanta
Guilhermo Ochoa - America Mex
Felipe - Corinthians
Silviu Lung Jr - Craiova
Maarten Stekelenburg - Ajax
Sergio Romero - Az

I have tried Ochoa and Consigli. Ochoa is a top GK and Consigli is also very good.

I'm thinking about getting rid of Turnball and Hilario. Should I get Enyeama or Fiorillo?

gomes was quite good for me when i was tottenham in my 1st season, conceded 19 goals in the prem, sold him so i could afford ochoa who was dodgy to start now hes class now he knows my team, but i only ever use 1 goalkeeper and have a youngster on the bench seen as my gk never gets injured or sent off

I'm thinking about getting rid of Turnball and Hilario. Should I get Enyeama or Fiorillo?
get Enyeama, good cheap backup, Fiorilllo is not that great this time around, Billl Hamid - DC United is class as young backup, new Brad Friedel, but better ;) Renan - Botafogo is really good too!

get a good experienced Gk as backup, then get a younger Gk as rotation and tutoring

Best balance is one first choice keeper, one older experienced keeper and a promising youngster. Play youngster in matches against weak opposition, play the experience keeper when your main one is injured and you should just about keep everyone happy. Tough position to rotate though lol.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Neither. Get Alex Smithies, he's a beast if you train him right.

im having this problem atm, my first keeper was David Ospina, but then i stumbled across a great young regen keeper who is younger and also better than Ospina. he just moaned bout first team football so i try rotate them on a 2-goal conceded system and Ospina seems to be alright now =]

I loaned out Hilario and Turnbull, dont really have a keeper on the bench to be honest.

What happens if your young keeper becomes good enough, but your first choice is still good enough? Here's my situation. I had Rene Adler as my first choice keeper with Alex Smithies getting an odd game here and there in the past few seasons. Now Alex Smithies is already England's number one but Rena Adler is still the best keeper in my club. To makes things worse, both of them have worldwide reputation right now. I mean there is no way a player with worldwide reputation (Alex Smithies in this case) would be satisfied by sitting on the bench.

So... any solutions? Like how many game per season do they need to get them happy? Just asking because I don't wanna risk losing either of them.

What happens if your young keeper becomes good enough, but your first choice is still good enough? Here's my situation. I had Rene Adler as my first choice keeper with Alex Smithies getting an odd game here and there in the past few seasons. Now Alex Smithies is already England's number one but Rena Adler is still the best keeper in my club. To makes things worse, both of them have worldwide reputation right now. I mean there is no way a player with worldwide reputation (Alex Smithies in this case) would be satisfied by sitting on the bench.

So... any solutions? Like how many game per season do they need to get them happy? Just asking because I don't wanna risk losing either of them.

y do you need 2 world class goalkeepers though? I would sell one of them and get a decent backup and another potentially good keeper too

what I do is look at their main strenghts, if Adler is best at shot stopping and you are playing a Chelsea or United who shoot at you all day, it would better having a keeper with good 1v1 stats and reflexes...

if you play against a team like Bolton, Blackburn or Stoke, have your keeper play with good aerial ability and handling, communication so that he can deal with those high balls into the box all day long ;)

it will pretty much work out to be about 60/40 Adler which would keep both of them happy

y do you need 2 world class goalkeepers though? I would sell one of them and get a decent backup and another potentially good keeper too

Well, like everyone had said, the best combination would be a first choice, a decent backup and a potentially good keeper. Your "potentially good keeper" would one day become world class, right? That's how I ended up with two world class goalkeepers.

@Raikan007

Thanks for the advice. I had a look at my keepers after what you've said and I discovered that they are both different type of keepers (Adler is a shot stopper while Smithies is a commanding keeper). Would definitely try your approach.

No point roataing Goalie's....might aswell buy a young good goalie like De Gea who acts as backup and can do well in minor cup games or European games

Well, like everyone had said, the best combination would be a first choice, a decent backup and a potentially good keeper. Your "potentially good keeper" would one day become world class, right? That's how I ended up with two world class goalkeepers.

What I am saying is when that potentially good goalkeeper becomes good enough to be a number one and if you don't really need him you sell him to make a large profit and begin the cycle again. Also using that money to bring in a decent backup. But that's just me. But I do have the same problem as you in my liverpool save. I have Reina but also have Neuer (german keeper from world cup). I only signed Neuer because I could get him cheap and have tried to sell both of them (1 first and then the other when he didnt get sold) but nobody wanted to put an offer in

Luis Guilherme and Boucher - cost less than a Glaswegian booze-up and turn out great.