Row Over Claim Pakistanis Groom White Girls

Your Opinion on this news.

• Bad Timing and will cause racial tension.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Worthy news and should be made public.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Political Motivation coinciding with By-Election.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Something has to be done, but when theres "people" like that, its' doubtful it can be stamped out totally. Admittedly, up here in Newcastle, as far as i can recall, there's not been a case of that reported.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I've already admitted I was wrong, after reading it

Oh sorry lol :)

no probs lol. I don't mind admitting when I've jumped the gun and ballsed up lol. TBH I should've read it properly

The main issue I have is the timing of the statement.
As I said earlier in the thread, tensions between races are always higher during a recession.

Regardless of the merits of the claim, it was a stupid time to bring it to light.
If there is an issue it should be dealt with by the police and the relevant authorities.

Weren't you the guy who said you hated Pakistani's in the Pet Hate thread ?

On Topic : His claims are completely ridiculous. Imo his claim tars all Pakistani men with the same brush, obviously some aspect of his claim maybe true. But surely any race of man could groom white girls ?
I think your missing the point a little. Its an extremely small minority of Pakistani men who abuse girls but when they do they are choosing white girls. Now i live in an area with a big Pakistani community and i know a fair few Pakistani guys, i grew up with some of them, and some of them have told me exactly what they think of not just white girls but white women in general and some of it ain't nice.

I think your missing the point a little. Its an extremely small minority of Pakistani men who abuse girls but when they do they are choosing white girls. Now i live in an area with a big Pakistani community and i know a fair few Pakistani guys, i grew up with some of them, and some of them have told me exactly what they think of not just white girls but white women in general and some of it ain't nice.

Fair enough. I probably have misinterpreted what Jack Straw meant. Cheers for clearing that up :)

Pistolped7 I would like to ask under which crime I would be jailed for if I were to say that SOME (like Straw said) Pakistani men abuse women? We have a thing here called freedom of speech. In addition, Members of Parliament ARE above the law in that they have utter freedom of speech whilst in a public office.

Whilst this statement is contraversial, it is a situation that needs to be discussed. No MP should be fearfull of rasing an issue on the basis that it may offend. This would be an absurd manner to run a nation. Remember this man was our Justice Secutery, and a very good one at that.

There is basis in the theory that pakistani men (especially Muslims) have a greater tendency towards the abuse of women. The society in which their way of thinking was constructed does not value women as equal members of society. We are all products of our environment after all.

So, whilst I do not know enough figures nor have any evidence to either support or discount the theory, I would be willing to bet that none of you do either.

same here JP.

The main issue I have is the timing of the statement.
As I said earlier in the thread, tensions between races are always higher during a recession.

Regardless of the merits of the claim, it was a stupid time to bring it to light.
If there is an issue it should be dealt with by the police and the relevant authorities.

We haven't been in recession for a long time now.

If there's statistical evidence showing what he's saying then it's just fact, and isn't something that can be afforded to not be noticed. Some people can call it racist, but hey, I get to pay 3 times more for my car insurance than a girl for the privilege of being a boy, because statistics show evidence of boys being involved in more crashes. No debate for sexism towards males, debate for racism towards Pakistani's when both arguments are pivoted on the basis of statistical evidence. Yay for double standards.

I want statistics here. Get some convictions and look at percentages. If there's a higher ratio of Pakistani men grooming girls than others, it's statistics. A friend of mine, who's a bizarre mix; half Indian, half Pakistani Catholic properly hates Pakistanis due to his experience.

I dont normally agree with Labour MP's but Jack Straw is bang on and his remarks and not racist in any shape or form. He didnt state that it was all Pakistani men and made the point that most *** offenders are white.

The Pakistani community know there is an issue and we should not be afraid to discuss it. Problem is you cant discuss any ethnic group without being called racist by the PC brigade.

Another politician that hasn't got a frickin clue

I wouldn't say that at all, I was out a few nights ago, same some Pakistanis in the same club. They took no prisoners at all.

I wouldn't say that at all, I was out a few nights ago, same some Pakistanis in the same club. They took no prisoners at all.

Fair play. Like I said before, had time to read the article properly so I owned up to making rash judgements lol. To my knowledge never happened in Newcastle

Reminds me of a guy my aunt told me about. One of her pals, who was Jewish, was a fantastic guy, and he'd never ever sleep with Jews, because his religion forbids one night stands with them. Untermensch such as everyone else was ok, though. Apparently he was a right player.