Roy Keane Leaves Man Utd

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Manchester United has today reached agreement with Roy Keane for Roy to leave the Club with immediate effect.

The agreement allows Roy to sign a long term deal with another club to enable him to secure his playing career beyond what would have been the end of his contract at United in the summer.

The Club has offered Roy a testimonial in recognition of his 12 ½ years at Old Trafford.

The Club thanks Roy for his major contribution to the Club during his years of service.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said:

“Roy Keane has been a fantastic servant for Manchester United. The best midfield player in the world of his generation, he is already one of the great figures in our Club’s illustrious history. Roy has been central to the success of the Club in the last 12 ½ years and everyone at Old Trafford wishes him well in the rest of his career and beyond”

Chief Executive David Gill said:

“Roy has been a towering figure at the Club for over a decade. His dedication, talent and leadership have been qualities that have marked him out as one of the true greats. On behalf of everyone at the Club, we wish him every success in his future career.”

Roy Keane said:

“It has been a great honour and privilege for me to play for Manchester United for over 12 years. During my time at the Club I have been fortunate to play alongside some of the best players in the game and in front of the best supporters in the world. At all times I have endeavoured to do my best for the management and the team.

"Whilst it is a sad day for me to leave such a great Club and Manager I believe that the time has now come for me to move on. After so many years, I will miss everyone at the Club.

"I send my best wishes for the future to the management, players, staff and supporters of the Club.”

Source: Manutd.com

:O

I thought it was all media talk.

Im not sure if this is good or bad, We will most likely sign Keane early but we still have Neil Lennon. I think one old Irishmans enough

well i may not like manchester united but roy keane was a great player even if he was a animal in attitute i wonder who he will play for now or if he will go straight into mangment

What a shame for you he'll be a big miss.

Ohhhh well ...The last thing he did for you was get his foot broken by luis garcia :D

**** off!!! We dont need any more loud mouth lay about Irish Dmc in Scotland he will end up being hated as much as Lennon...He could sign for us if he wanted tho:D

It's alright Sean, you have Alan Smith! :haha:

Some idiot sent an email/text to Sky Sports the other day saying that Riquelme would be an ideal replacement for him. Might just be me but I'm positive they are completely different players and the chances of Riquelme defending are the same as Scholes making a succesful tackle.

lol what an idiot

Alan Kernagahan (Dundee manager, ex man ciy n Ireland) said in the paper today that Neil Lennon and Keane could play in the same team :D

I'm devestated by the news, we cant replace Keane, never,but we need someone with his attitude and leadership, I think Neville should replace him as the captain or maybe Van Nistelrooy

Gota be Neville

I was so shocked when I heard, its a shame he's gone on such bad terms. No-one will ever replace him as successfully, but we gota move on.

Long live Keano

Ha linked with birmingham im glad brucey said he didnt want im, imadgin how much he would slag our players off if he called man u lol

According to the BBC we have def went for him :(

Was he really that good now ? Man U will miss him mroe for his influence than his abilities cos iam shure they aint as gd as they were a few ys ago, he just an angry old man now... I have a bad feeling boro will go after him :(

Boro might go after him but he wouldn't go there.

Keane was one of the best players at Man Utd this season and the last, he used to do an excellent job for us and we will miss him for that and his leadership as well.

hes too young and not injury prone enough for Boro

Couldnt believe it when he left. But there would have been a rift between him and the players for criticising them. Were not even getting Ballack anymore cos Fergie would rather stick with Scholes.