united762000

Reaction score
As a huge United fan I used to worship Roy Keane when he played for us. He was one of the best midfielders in the world at the time. His passion, desire and winning mentality meant he was the obvious choice for captain. Although not regarded by a large number of United fans as the best midfielder and captain in the club's history with many believing Bryan Robson at his peak was still the best. Something I totally agree with by the way. Keane still had hero status when he played for us, something that has dwinded since.

Since Keane left United he has soured all the good work he did for the club by a series of remarks about players and Sir Alex along with some of his anti United remarks he has made whilst working as a pundit on ITV. His tv show with Patrick Viera was shown before Christmas and I have tried to watch it numerous times but found myself getting wound up by Keane's Fergie digs so I kept turning it off. Yesterday, however I finally managed to watch it and Patrick Viera came across really well and by the end Keane did too. I was fscinated by Keane's United XI he came up with. There was no room for Giggs, Scholes, Vidic, Cole, Yorke or Neville.

His ultimate XI
Schmeichel
Parker
Irwin
Pallister
Staam
Beckham
Keane
Ince
Ronaldo
Cantona
Van Nistlerooy.
How would you design a tactic if you had these players? wat style would you play and what player roles would you assign?

First, Keane was a thug, Scoles was a far better midfielder and i am shocked you don't have scholes, football legends, brazillin legenss, french legends and heck, barcelona players have all praised scholes as the best centre midfielder in a very long time and he ws a one man lub despite the offers. o in my mind, no offence Scholes > Keane.

i'd play them in a 4-4-2, perfect players for a 4-4-2, keane as a BWM, if he doesn't get sent off. Ince as a DLP/AP on suport, gottss have wingers with ronaldo and beckham and use FB's in a Rigid Control/Attacking system.

I'd also get rid of ince or keane and put scholes there. and you call yourself a united fan, tut tut.

First, Keane was a thug, Scoles was a far better midfielder and i am shocked you don't have scholes, football legends, brazillin legenss, french legends and heck, barcelona players have all praised scholes as the best centre midfielder in a very long time and he ws a one man lub despite the offers. o in my mind, no offence Scholes > Keane.

i'd play them in a 4-4-2, perfect players for a 4-4-2, keane as a BWM, if he doesn't get sent off. Ince as a DLP/AP on suport, gottss have wingers with ronaldo and beckham and use FB's in a Rigid Control/Attacking system.

I'd also get rid of ince or keane and put scholes there. and you call yourself a united fan, tut tut.
That is Keane's own Best-XI, not United76's ;)

If I was going to pick my own personal United XI it would be
Schmeichel (GK)
Neville(WB)
Stam (LD stopper)
Vidic (LD stopper)
Irwin(FB)
Robson (BTB)
Scholes (DLP)
Giggs (W)
Cantona (Treq)
Ronaldo (IF)
Van Nistlerooy (P)

As pointed out this was Keane's best XI not mine. Despite his aggression there is no denying he was a great player. It would be like saying Viera wasn't a great player for Arsenal. Football s different now and they wouldn't be able to play in the same way but they were both at the time fantastic players.

If I was going to pick my own personal United XI it would be
Schmeichel (GK)
Neville(WB)
Stam (LD stopper)
Vidic (LD stopper)
Irwin(FB)
Robson (BTB)
Scholes (DLP)
Giggs (W)
Cantona (Treq)
Ronaldo (IF)
Van Nistlerooy (P)

I wouldn't have Vidic and Stam both as Limited Defenders with Stopper duty. Both as Central Defenders on Defend is fine, or even Stopper - Cover can work. Neville could operate better as a normal Full Back but with Support duty. Then he can overlap Ronaldo, who will consistently cut inside and Neville will provide the remainder of the width.

Van Nistelrooy should be a Complete Forward, if not, an Advanced Forward. Poachers on their own are unconvincing.

You've completely missed the point.

You've completely missed the point.

no i haven't, he asked "How would you design a tactic if you had these players? wat style would you play and what player roles would you assign?"

i replied..

"i'd play them in a 4-4-2, perfect players for a 4-4-2, keane as a BWM, if he doesn't get sent off. Ince as a DLP/AP on suport, gottss have wingers with ronaldo and beckham and use FB's in a Rigid Control/Attacking system."

Point struck, bullseye.

next.

no i haven't, he asked "How would you design a tactic if you had these players? wat style would you play and what player roles would you assign?"

i replied..

"i'd play them in a 4-4-2, perfect players for a 4-4-2, keane as a BWM, if he doesn't get sent off. Ince as a DLP/AP on suport, gottss have wingers with ronaldo and beckham and use FB's in a Rigid Control/Attacking system."

Point struck, bullseye.

next.

Well no, you went off on a tangent talking about Brazilian legends and Barcelona's appraisal of Paul Scholes. So yes, you did completely miss the point.

hardly, i answered the question.

Point struck, bullseye.