Royal Doulton - 4321 - Great results with Stoke so far - 17 wins from 22 Games

TomNicklin

Reaction score
22 Played / 2 Lost / 3 draws / 17 wins

View attachment 462260
View attachment 462291
View attachment 462259

Been tweaking this all week and think I finally found a winning formula!

How I train:
-Fill all 3 Tactic spots with the tactic
-Team Cohesion in pre-season and tactics match prep

When the season starts I gave all training to my Assistant Manager.

My assistant set all Opposition instructions, every game.

I apply all changes my assistant recommends during the game.

GK - Standard really, good reflexs/handling
FBs - Good Tackling/Pace/Crossing
CBs - Good solid CBs here, heading/tackling/marking and strength.
CDM - Good Tackling/Passing/Marking
CM-R - A more attack minded player, good passing/creativity/flair - Also likes to get forward so perhaps long shots/finishing
CM-L an "automatic" CM - Good tackling/passing, Alot like the CDM but with more attacking attirbutes but equally good at defending, a CM like felani would be awesome here.
AM L&R - These 2 need to be pacey as they run past there opponents and get some killer crosses in, also they sometimes cut-inside at have a few pops on goal, So pace/longshots/crossing/stamina/flair
STC - a complete forward, I play Crouch here, good heading/finishing/determination

Please some feedback would be welcome :)

Last edited:
is there any chance you can put a screen shot on of the formation?

Will try this formation tonight with a lower league side.

thanks for the screen shots :) i think ill give this ago with everton, i can retrain a couple of players like barkley into a cm player ill let you know how i get on, have you finished a season using this tactic yet?

thanks for the screen shots :) i think ill give this ago with everton, i can retrain a couple of players like barkley into a cm player ill let you know how i get on, have you finished a season using this tactic yet?

I have got about 5 games left, i am about 6th now and seeing as i was predicted for relegation ive done very well.
Ive actually looked at barkley for my stoke team i think he would fit perfect into this tactic.

I have got about 5 games left, i am about 6th now and seeing as i was predicted for relegation ive done very well.
Ive actually looked at barkley for my stoke team i think he would fit perfect into this tactic.

Im going to start up an everton save this morning and give it ago have you played about with any other player roles? such as changing the wingers to inside forwards or anything like that?

what players did you use in each position

GK - Standard really, good reflexs/handling
FBs - Good Tackling/Pace/Crossing
CBs - Good solid CBs here, heading/tackling/marking and strength.
CDM - Good Tackling/Passing/Marking
CM-R - A more attack minded player, good passing/creativity/flair - Also likes to get forward so perhaps long shots/finishing
CM-L an "automatic" CM - Good tackling/passing, Alot like the CDM but with more attacking attirbutes but equally good at defending, a CM like felani would be awesome here.
AM L&R - These 2 need to be pacey as they run past there opponents and get some killer crosses in, also they sometimes cut-inside at have a few pops on goal, So pace/longshots/crossing/stamina/flair
STC - a complete forward, I play Crouch here, good heading/finishing/determination

Tried this tactic out in FM classic, been working very well up to now, I've even beaten Dortmund 4-2
If I could post pictures I would, but I can't.

I'm 5th in the Bundesliga with Hertha Berlin
P 15 W 8 D 5 L 2 F 30 A 24 GD +6 PTS 29

Tried this tactic out in FM classic, been working very well up to now, I've even beaten Dortmund 4-2
If I could post pictures I would, but I can't.

I'm 5th in the Bundesliga with Hertha Berlin
P 15 W 8 D 5 L 2 F 30 A 24 GD +6 PTS 29

Thats really good start, I am trying some new tweaks at the moment to try get a few more goals to try stop so many draws, Its good defence but just needs the pinch of attack added

I'm using the same formation as you at the moment with spurs just as a tactics tester. I have a box to box and advanced playmaker attack in midfield though and my DM is an anchor man. Inside forwards support with dribble more often seem to score a lot of goals for me. Still struggling to get the hang of the new tactics :S

I've been tweaking with it for like 3 real hours now, I tweaked it for the worse and lost 5 games in a row, but now ive got it where I have won 8 games in a row without conceeding 1 goal, will post it soon just tweaking corners

if i download this now will it include your new tweaks? thanks in advance