west13

Reaction score
Hey,

This is probably not the place to ask or maybe it is.

Doe anyone else find that know matter how good your scout is the reports on the player are complete rubbish. I know for a fact that Zikovic is a wonderkid to look at and others. I am spurs ina new game by the way.

The scout reports I get back gives them a 3 star rating with no room for improvement.

I just wonder if anyone finds this happening to them.

Hey,

This is probably not the place to ask or maybe it is.

Doe anyone else find that know matter how good your scout is the reports on the player are complete rubbish. I know for a fact that Zikovic is a wonderkid to look at and others. I am spurs ina new game by the way.

The scout reports I get back gives them a 3 star rating with no room for improvement.

I just wonder if anyone finds this happening to them.
Scouts aren't perfect. You realise that?

I do realise that scouts are not perfect, but surely the report should show higher ratings or be consistent. I added another manager to my game to check a scout report for them and then I get a 4.5 rating for the same player.

I do realise that scouts are not perfect, but surely the report should show higher ratings or be consistent. I added another manager to my game to check a scout report for them and then I get a 4.5 rating for the same player.
If they're not perfect then of course not every scout will report exactly the same?

The only thing I'd say on this subject is if you're just asking for a report card, you're literally only getting face value attribute reports. Scout a player for 2-3 matches and you'll get a more in-depth, accurate and simply better report.

The only thing I'd say on this subject is if you're just asking for a report card, you're literally only getting face value attribute reports. Scout a player for 2-3 matches and you'll get a more in-depth, accurate and simply better report.
This.

The more the scout uncovers about the player, if he is worthwhile, the better recommendations he'll get as well.

Still, don't forget that the star rating is based on comparing against players at your club. That might also account for the 3-4.5 star variation.

Still, don't forget that the star rating is based on comparing against players at your club. That might also account for the 3-4.5 star variation.

Also this.

Well thanks guys for all the replies, I will look to scout more in depth and see what happens. Maybe I am just being impatient :)

I had similar thoughts, though obviously aware that scouts aren't the final word, for example looking at the standard wonderkids a few seasons in and the scouts rate them as 2.5 etc - does that mean they won't develop any further? When do players generally stop developing/how late can I wonderkid turn world class?

Players stop developing in their late twenties or early thirties. The development rate will slow after 24 though.

Players stop developing in their late twenties or early thirties. The development rate will slow after 24 though.

So when's the latest you'd buy a wonderkid? 23ish?

So when's the latest you'd buy a wonderkid? 23ish?

Just my 2 cents but I like to buy them as cheap as I can when their young and mold them into exactly what I want for my formation. If they reach their potential then great.....I tutor them, get them ppms and then sell them when they are 29/30. Of course by that time their "understudy" who I've lined up as their replacement is raring to go and the massive profit I get from selling the older player pays for the next young wonderkid.

It's how I'm successful using my own philosophies...others will have different ideas.

Personally though I feel 15-18 is a decent age range. Any later and you risk losing vital points in the their potential. I also spread the cost as much as I can on games played, goals scored, per match fee.....that way if the wonderkid doesn't turn out to be as good then when you sell them for a profit you haven't wasted unnecessary cash. Hope that makes sense!

Just my 2 cents but I like to buy them as cheap as I can when their young and mold them into exactly what I want for my formation. If they reach their potential then great.....I tutor them, get them ppms and then sell them when they are 29/30. Of course by that time their "understudy" who I've lined up as their replacement is raring to go and the massive profit I get from selling the older player pays for the next young wonderkid.

It's how I'm successful using my own philosophies...others will have different ideas.

Personally though I feel 15-18 is a decent age range. Any later and you risk losing vital points in the their potential. I also spread the cost as much as I can on games played, goals scored, per match fee.....that way if the wonderkid doesn't turn out to be as good then when you sell them for a profit you haven't wasted unnecessary cash. Hope that makes sense!

Brilliant strategy mate. Gave me food for thought.

All a wonderkid is, is a player below 21 years of age with a CA of 150 or more.

A wonderkid's PA could also be 150 and he's already peaked.

Last edited: