would you try this Database

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulegend

Reaction score
ok guys there is a mixed response for the request of the Database

note my database is not a rugby game

Background
imagine a world where soccer never existed. Rooney Gerrard Ronaldo where never born. football was never ever even thought of............................until now!!!!!!!. in this world rugby also never existed. every person that would have played rugby started playing this new sport. this new sport is what we know as soccer or football.

Info
all the leagues in this game are Rugby leagues
all the players in the game are rugby players(including as close to possible attributes)
the game is football and not rugby(how will o'gara do as a striker)

Countries and Tournys ill start with
England (rugby Union groups) - Aviva Prem, RFU Championship
Ireland (rugby Union groups) - AIB league (1a, 1b, 2)
Celtic (rugby Union groups) - Magniers Legue
France (rugby Union groups) - Top 14, Rugby pro D2
Italy (rugby Union groups) - Super 10, Serie A(pool 1+2)

i also hope to get these done
(extras) i have redisigned these leagues
Australia - Australian Rugby Championship
New Zealand - Air New Zealand Cup
South Africa - Currie cup

(Club comps)
Europe - Heineken Cup, European Challenge Cup, European shield, Super Rugby
Euro non league - teams from europe that dont have a league will compete in a new torny
Americas non league - teams will compete in a new torny
Asia non league - teams will compete in a new torny
Africa non league - teams will compete in a new torny

(International comps)
World - world cup, 6 nations, tri nations, canada cup, churchill cup, european nations cup
New - Americas african and asian countries in one torney

NOTES
all comps will be evenly matched in terms of prize money. winning the Guiness premiership will bring the same revenue as winning the AIB championship.

=================================================================

this is something ive been tempted to do before. ill give it a go when i get a chance. itll prob be in the next few days when i can make a atart. unfortunaly my computer is ancient .............. 5 years:( so even having 2 programs open at once is alot to ask for. so it will take time. specially without a printer.

ill have tyo write everything out first so i wount have to go between editor and firefox

how ill go about this

delete all teams, players and coachs from the game
Create countries
Create comps in these countries(ie country euro will include heinekan cup)
Create clubs for comps
Create players for clubs(im only making the most famous players. depending on time and difficulty)

i hope to create up to 1000 players but if its too hard ill just forget them. afterall this database is about the new league structures and teams more than the players.

i have no idea how long this will take. maybe 5 hours maybe 5 weeks. after all i did think there was 12 weeks in a year:D

ill try to update my progress on here every day

Last edited:
If you create it,I would download to see your work and experience playing this Databse....Im sure it will be interesting,do tell me if you need any help

If you create it,I would download to see your work and experience playing this Databse....Im sure it will be interesting,do tell me if you need any help

cheers mate. ill be working on it for straight through til its finished anyway. just hope it actually works out aswell as i hope.

also if anyone has suggestions of leagues cups or new formats id welcome them.

Id download this mate. I was thinking of doing something like this but as im not really a rugby fan i might have cocked stuff up. so if you do this id deffo use it.

UPDATE

dam this is alot of work:D

ok guys and gals i have started but the problem is no printer and slow computer = Paul having to write out every single competition with every team and their stadiums, capacities and locations.

at the moment i have Magners league, Aviva(guiness) premeirship and RFU championship. i have also worked out the formates for Clubs competitions and International comps(when games are played and how to make sure fixtures will look organised) ie: club games wont be played at certain times of the year to allow International games such as 6 nations.

as of yet the competions will be really quick to set up. i think ill even have all the competitions playable by wednesday. ill release the database when i have them all sorted out. if i cant sleep tonight ill even keep going with it. if anyone wants to wait for the players to be on the teams (o'Gara, Wallace, Stringer, Cullen, Warrick, Wilkonson etc) i should have all the players done by this time next week.

all the players i create i will give them 1 year contracts. if you want to sign them up for longer you are welcome to do so. it will be your game to change and play how you see fit. i do not think i will have a database of 50k + players anmd coachs but i will have alot of the more familiar guys.

again any suggestions let me know.

i think this could be quite a popular Database amonsgst even the non rugby fans as it will be an entirely new game and a new challenge.

Many of the players will have a high dirtiness stat seeing all this about eye gouging on sky sports news

Many of the players will have a high dirtiness stat seeing all this about eye gouging on sky sports news

good idea mate. got me thinking about strenght for certain players and pace for others.

also its only the players i create that ill be able to do this for. all the regens that will appear(90% of the database) will just evolve with soccer attributes as oppose to rugby player attributes. i cant help this but again its something ill try to combat by creating alot of made up players aswell

thanks for the idea

again guys and gals ill create this but im not looking for any credit for it. i have spare time and id like this database aswell so its our database. without you guys to play it i wouldnt be posting it up. the only thanks i need is your willingness to play it

good idea mate. got me thinking about strenght for certain players and pace for others.

also its only the players i create that ill be able to do this for. all the regens that will appear(90% of the database) will just evolve with soccer attributes as oppose to rugby player attributes. i cant help this but again its something ill try to combat by creating alot of made up players aswell

thanks for the idea

again guys and gals ill create this but im not looking for any credit for it. i have spare time and id like this database aswell so its our database. without you guys to play it i wouldnt be posting it up. the only thanks i need is your willingness to play it

Im willing to help out but dont know **** about rugby and would need help with player styats maybe PM me team by team etc

Im willing to help out but dont know **** about rugby and would need help with player styats maybe PM me team by team etc

are we able to combine databases though??? ive only ever made one database at a time sonot sure how we could both work on it.

if its possible you could start working on the ozzy and new zealand leagues. all the info you need is on line

here is the ozzy rugby championship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Rugby_Championship

just delete everything in the Austarlia leagues including players staff and clubs. the satdiums are ok. just create the new leage and call it what ever youd like mate. Austarlian Championship or J0k3r Championship:D

when you have the league set up you canb create the teams. dont worry about the players for now unless you wanna give it a go. for the record i have no idea about stats on that side of the world so they will have to be just complete guesses. maybe just set them as -9 or -8 potential ability. make players either strong or fast. if they are strong they are usually tall or heavy.

the new zealand league is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Air_New_Zealand_Cup

its up to you mate if you wanna give it a go. if you dont feel up to it no worries.

i would give you one of the euro leagues but the way im designing them they will all work with eachother so i better design them at the same time.

be a funny download... :)

Best of luck with this project matey

Joel

as a saracens fan and a keen rugby fan i would like to offer my help if you need any and btw the the main league for the australia, south africa and new zealand is actually the super 14 ( soon to become super 15). the other leagues you have mentioned are used by teams to get there youngsters some experience.

looking forward to this being a rugby player and fan good luck

???????
Firstly, personally i don't even like rugby.
Secondly, this is football manager mate, i think your idea is a little too adventuous, i respect your imagination though ;)

as a saracens fan and a keen rugby fan i would like to offer my help if you need any and btw the the main league for the australia, south africa and new zealand is actually the super 14 ( soon to become super 15). the other leagues you have mentioned are used by teams to get there youngsters some experience.

oh yea:) i completly forgot about super 14. yea ill add that in so.

my only problem with this project is i dont know how accurate i can make the attributes and how many players i can actually find but im sure it will look cool when its finished.

i understand alot on here arent rugby fans but im sure they would even like the challenge of playing a brand new game

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

hey guys does anyone have a blank database??

im looking for a database with no players and no teams.

i was trying to delete them myself but my computer is completly **** and deleting 5000 players at a time takes 10 mins. could be here hours trying to delete everything

Thanks so much for making this, I would have done but I don't know what I'm doing with the editor. Like the Leagues you're doing at the moment, but if there is any spare time you ould have a go at the Welsh Premiership. Update on this project because if it's half as good as I think it could be I will download it in an instant :)

i would definitely download it.

if you need any help with magners league or welsh stats/players, give me a shout