MillerJA9

Reaction score
Playing as Rostock in 3.Liga. It states in the rules that u17s cannot play in this league. Christopher Rodriguez has just turned 17, signed a pro deal and is still ineligible to play. Will this change at the end of the season? Ie is the rule that u17s at the start of the season can't play? Or is it a bug? Can't find the rules online myself. Cheers.

Playing as Rostock in 3.Liga. It states in the rules that u17s cannot play in this league. Christopher Rodriguez has just turned 17, signed a pro deal and is still ineligible to play. Will this change at the end of the season? Ie is the rule that u17s at the start of the season can't play? Or is it a bug? Can't find the rules online myself. Cheers.
Once he turned 17, did you register him for the senior squad?

Once he turned 17, did you register him for the senior squad?

Yes indeed he is registered. When I pick him in the squad and go to play it comes up with a message that states under 17s can't play. Very annoying as he's my brightest prospect.

Yes indeed he is registered. When I pick him in the squad and go to play it comes up with a message that states under 17s can't play. Very annoying as he's my brightest prospect.
Yeah. And player under the age of 17 can't play for the senior squad. Probably the one downside of playing in Germany.

Yeah. And player under the age of 17 can't play for the senior squad. Probably the one downside of playing in Germany.

But he's not UNDER 17. He IS 17.

In the rules it says "players under 17 can not play" when if that was the case it should say "players 17 and under".

I also just promoted a different 17 year old I signed from youth to first team and registered him and he is perfectly legible to play the next game. The problem appears to be solely with Rodriguez.

But he's not UNDER 17. He IS 17.

In the rules it says "players under 17 can not play" when if that was the case it should say "players 17 and under".

I also just promoted a different 17 year old I signed from youth to first team and registered him and he is perfectly legible to play the next game. The problem appears to be solely with Rodriguez.
Well I dunno man. Tough it out until next season and hopefully then you can play him.

What is his date of birth and what date did the season start at?

DOB is 17/01/1998 so he was 16 and thus ineligible at the start of the season. The rules for the league state "Players under 17 are not allowed to play". If the rule is u17s at the start of new season can not play then it should be stated in the rules instead of this. Either it's a wee bug or the rules aren't as clear as they should be.

DOB is 17/01/1998 so he was 16 and thus ineligible at the start of the season. The rules for the league state "Players under 17 are not allowed to play". If the rule is u17s at the start of new season can not play then it should be stated in the rules instead of this. Either it's a wee bug or the rules aren't as clear as they should be.

Just loaded up a new Germany save to see if I could spot anything stopping him from playing but he should be available to play from the 17/1/2015 as long as he's registered before the February deadline.
If that's not working, report it as a bug!