DonVanberg

Reaction score
I'm currently in my 3rd season with Hertha Berlin, finished 7th last season and will be playing EL again next season. I managed to sign Rulli on a free transfer at the end of first season, and he's been great for me so far. Now Arsenal want to buy him, and have placed a bid for 20 mill on him (his release clause is on 22,5). I have a 5 million bid for Timo Horn accepted, but I'm not sure whether I should let Rulli, who fits my libero-tactic perfect, go and sign Horn instead or if I should turn down the bid for him and stick with him.

I also only get 45% of the transfer fees to my budget, so I'll only get about 10 mil if I sell Rulli.

ouch.. I sold Rulli on my save for about $50m having signed him on a free and picked up Horn immediately..
Horn is excellent, and imo I found him better in game..

check Donnarumma as well..

See if you can offer Rulli a new contract without the clause he may accept otherwise I'm afraid to say even if you reject Arsenal's current offer they will comeback with the money to release him. If that happens Horn is a more than adequate replacement.

Horns pretty solid and a steal at £5m but is a little unpredictable at times, here's some other options:

Bernd Leno
Donnaruma (*)
Rajkovic
Dragowski

best adv..@wolly

i bought rulli for free after 1st season and donnaruma aswell in Roma, play rulli just for 1 season as a key player, sold him for 50M the following season..then start using donni boy as a starter no matter what..havent sold him after 8 season..still my #1

Thanks for your help, Rulli had been whining and wouldn't even discuss the possibility of signing a new contract so I decided to sell him to improve the finances a bit. Besides I've got a thing for home-grown players, so Horn will fit right in.