Rushden Expelled From The Conference.

Giggles

Reaction score
From BBC Sport-

Rushden & Diamonds have been expelled from the Football Conference for financial reasons.
Relegated Southport will now stay up, while Thurrock will remain in the Blue Square Bet South and Bishop's Stortford will move to Blue Square Bet North.

BBC Sport - Rushden expelled from Conference

Have to feel sorry for the fans of Rushden & Diamonds- I know they've been through a very difficult time, and its all the more worrying its happening too us at the same time. Its a cruel way to be punished, but hopefully they won't fold- Just keep the fan-base strong and rise back up the leagues. It wasn't that long ago they was in the equivilent of League One.

Its a shame to see anything like that happen to any football team.. Its the fans who are worse off.. All that loyal fundraising and supporting for that kick in the teeth. I assume Rushden will now go to a Regional PL.. I bet Southport feel like absoulute mugs.

:(

Pity to see a club go out of business for financial reasons, really. Wouldn't wish that to anyone.

Shame that Lewes are still going down, one point away from staying up, (Thurrock have now stayed up). But a lot of people are happy to see Rushden get expelled. They didn't even last 20 years :L

Shame that Lewes are still going down, one point away from staying up, (Thurrock have now stayed up). But a lot of people are happy to see Rushden get expelled. They didn't even last 20 years :L

Who cares if they didn't last 20 years?

Each football club is unique in its own way- Has it own fans, and its own history. Its own pride, passion and proudness associated with the club. We shouldn't be happy to see any club be 'expelled' because thats losing a part of football- How would you feel is you was a Rushden fan? Or Lewes were expelled from their division?

I wouldn't care about Lewes as I'm not a fan :L. For Brighton, they wouldn't be kicked out of the division, only a 10-* deduction. It's only because the Blue Square has stricter rules, it's their fault, no one else's.

I wouldn't care about Lewes as I'm not a fan :L. For Brighton, they wouldn't be kicked out of the division, only a 10-* deduction. It's only because the Blue Square has stricter rules, it's their fault, no one else's.

Absoutly not.

How is it the fans of Rushdens fault? What have they done too deserve this? Its pure financial mis-manegement, the fans and players do not deserve it.

And the Blue Square doesn't have stricter rules- The FL has the same rules of them. At the annual league AGM, clubs in financial trouble must prove too the FL they will be able too complete all their fixtures next season. With Rushen having a winding up petition on Monday, the Non-League Officials did not think it would be possible for Rushen to finish all their fixtures- Even Argyle had to prove to the FL they would get through next season, which was done successfully.

I think you should show some respect we've lost a member of our footballing community and family.

never good when a club goes under :/ hate to say it but thank God Bates came in when he did
Can't believe I just said that..... :p

I think you should show some respect we've lost a member of our footballing community and family.

They're fans are the most spiteful people I have ever met, I've seen them 4 times and each time, homophobic chants and just general rowdiness. I never said it was the fans' fault, I acknowledge that it was a mis-management. I have no respect for them and never will do. Name me one team that has been kicked out the football league without getting points deducted? Luton had 30 points deducted. Clubs have 10, Portsmouth's was the worst, and they didn't get kicked out.

They're fans are the most spiteful people I have ever met, I've seen them 4 times and each time, homophobic chants and just general rowdiness. I never said it was the fans' fault, I acknowledge that it was a mis-management. I have no respect for them and never will do. Name me one team that has been kicked out the football league without getting points deducted? Luton had 30 points deducted. Clubs have 10, Portsmouth's was the worst, and they didn't get kicked out.

Who cares if there fans are right bastards? I would be upset if Exeter were wound-up because of financial mis-management, even though I hate them with a passion.

And of course teams won't be kicked out the FL without going into administration- Its a complicated procedure. Once a team goes in administration, the administrator can wind the club up at any time he see's fit. Because of this, in the FL's annual AGM, the FL has to ensure the club will complete all their fixtures next season- Which they done with us and Portsmouth. The conference have done this with Rushen, and with the impending winding up order, they see it too risky to put them on the fixtures list.

And why would Portsmouth be the worst? We are in a much worse financial mess then they were...

And why would Portsmouth be the worst? We are in a much worse financial mess then they were...

Either way, you've been in administration since February, if that was a Blue Square team you would be kicked out now, no questions, the football league does it's best to keep it's teams. I mean, what's the point of having 4 teams go down and up from league 1 and 2 when you have the Blue Square premier, why not do 3 teams up from the Blue Square Premier? Because they want to keep their teams as much as possible.

Southport v Stockport at Haig Ave, next season, Come on the PORT! lol ^^)

Either way, you've been in administration since February, if that was a Blue Square team you would be kicked out now, no questions, the football league does it's best to keep it's teams. I mean, what's the point of having 4 teams go down and up from league 1 and 2 when you have the Blue Square premier, why not do 3 teams up from the Blue Square Premier? Because they want to keep their teams as much as possible.

Why would a Blue Square Team be 'kicked out' by now. Thats not how Administration works. The only way We or Rushen could be kicked out because of administration is if we spent 2 AGM's in administration- We have passed June 2011's AGM, and if we are in administration by June 2012's AGM, will be kicked out the Football League.

Rushen have not been kicked out the BSP because of administration.

They have been kicked out because the Non-League do not think Rushden will survive as a club until May- This is mainly because of the team going too court on Monday, where they may be wound up. And it may also be because of the clubs 'business plan'. NOT because of administration.

shame. enjoyed the banter with their fans this year, all in the spirit like. shame, as they were in the FL once upon a time?