Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov has increased his holding in Arsenal to more than

Sulsey

Reaction score
Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov has increased his holding in Arsenal to more than 27 per cent.

Red & White Holdings Limited - which is jointly owned by Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri - made the brief announcement on Tuesday without disclosing any details as to the additional stock acquired.

American Stan Kroenke remains the largest individual shareholder in the Premier League club, with 29.9%.

More...

This guy has some serious money, a bit like Abromovich, but older.

Good or bad?

Bad :(

I dont want a foregin owner like every other team

I like us the way we are

don't see it really making a difference really even if we had more money i doubt wenger would spend more to improve and i doubt he will take over as all shareholders agreed to not having a takeover until later on

Foreign owner>Being trophyless ;)

Sustained growth > millions of unsustainable spending from a foreign owner buying you a title before eventually leaving you in deep **** with the new laws and your wage bill.

Non-story. Tim Payton from the AST (Arsenal Supporter's Trust) says that they have to declare when they get to 27% & that it's taken his company a year to get more than 26%.

He offered to put in some money a couple of years ago without launching an official takeover, but was rejected in favour of our current self-sustaining financial model.

No one wants him (apart from delusional Gooners) but the best way Arsenal fans can help prevent it is by buying shares themselves...

They're not proper shares, it's called a fanshare and is only worth 1/100th of a proper one, but every little bit counts - it costs a minimum of £20 and your account will automatically purcharse the share once you've got enough money (about £100 usually). There's more information on it from the Arsenal blog Gingers4Limpar: http://www.gingers4limpar.com/2011/03/arsenal-fan-ownership-gathers-pace/

I hope neither reaches the 30% threshold tbh - I'm proud that we're the only club in the so called Big 5 to have this financial model without having man city's petrol billions.

BAD!!! I dont know much about this guy but i expect he doesnt have a clue about the team and is only interested in the club as a business and not interested in the fans!! He probably wouldnt care if the team won trophies or not just the fact the team and holding company was making money

Non-story. Tim Payton from the AST (Arsenal Supporter's Trust) says that they have to declare when they get to 27% & that it's taken his company a year to get more than 26%.

He offered to put in some money a couple of years ago without launching an official takeover, but was rejected in favour of our current self-sustaining financial model.

No one wants him (apart from delusional Gooners) but the best way Arsenal fans can help prevent it is by buying shares themselves...

They're not proper shares, it's called a fanshare and is only worth 1/100th of a proper one, but every little bit counts - it costs a minimum of £20 and your account will automatically purcharse the share once you've got enough money (about £100 usually). There's more information on it from the Arsenal blog Gingers4Limpar: http://www.gingers4limpar.com/2011/03/arsenal-fan-ownership-gathers-pace/

I hope neither reaches the 30% threshold tbh - I'm proud that we're the only club in the so called Big 5 to have this financial model without having man city's petrol billions.

20 quid for a 100th of a share?!?! What is Arsenal's Market Capitalisation? They'd be amongst the most expensive shares in the entire world if this was on the stock market.

I know it always seems better to have an english owner but take it from a Newcastle fan It ain't lol I'll swap you you can have Mike Ashley and we'll take the foreign billionares thanks |) . With Arsenal I can't work out the problems looking in as an outsider , I would say one of your problems is not being given enough of a transfer budget for Arsene Wenger to buy in some big players, I'm not sure you even need to sign many players just a couple of key players

I know it always seems better to have an english owner but take it from a Newcastle fan It ain't lol I'll swap you you can have Mike Ashley and we'll take the foreign billionares thanks |) . With Arsenal I can't work out the problems looking in as an outsider , I would say one of your problems is not being given enough of a transfer budget for Arsene Wenger to buy in some big players, I'm not sure you even need to sign many players just a couple of key players

Thats alrite you can keep Mike Ashley ;)

20 quid for a 100th of a share?!?! What is Arsenal's Market Capitalisation? They'd be amongst the most expensive shares in the entire world if this was on the stock market.

It's the equivalent.

Of course they're expensive.. Read the article I linked: It explains in more/better detaill...

Also - Here's the tweet from Tim Payton: https://twitter.com/#!/timpayton/status/50240022284210176

Usmanov (Red and White) Holdings have to declare when they reach 27% of #AFC. It has taken almost a year from being at 26%. Not a takeover.

Last edited: