Reaction score
Hey guys, welcome to my first crack at an fm13 story and hopefully something I shall stick with. I am a Liverpool fan (yes I know) and I'm dismayed at the fall from greatness even in the last decade so I wanted to see if money could change that. I've used the in-game editor to oust John Henry and Tom Werner and replace them with Russian business Tycoons in the hope that the money available will change things and I can take Liverpool to the top of the BPL and back to the Champions League trophy they haven't held since 2005.
The format is a little bit odd, but I wanted to give it some sort of authenticity. The first season will be simmed to see what happens, but there will be major plot twists even before I do any simulation but I don't want to give too much away so go ahead and read :)

View attachment 371699**********************************************************************************************
Breaking: FSG Chairman Tom Werner and Director John Henry sell Liverpool Football Club to unknown Russian billionaires for £700m
**********************************************************************************************

View attachment 371700
7th July 2012:

Jeff Stelling: Absolute chaos in the footballing world with reports coming in that Liverpool Football Club has been sold for a mammoth SEVEN-HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS to an unknown Russian consortium. All that we know is that the duo - yet to be named - are oil billionaires with an insight to change the fortunes of Liverpool who have recently fallen on tougher times. As your former club Tommo, what do you think?

Phil Thompson:
It's mad Jeff. I mean, it's good because now we can finally get the financial backing we've missed since the game became revolved around money but it has a risk of going terribly. Just look at Hicks and Gillett, they ruined us!

Jeff Stelling: Now over to Chris Kamara who should have more on the situation for us.

View attachment 371708CK: UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!! I -

JS: I've got to cut you short there Chris because we've made some important developments in finding out exactly WHO this duo is. It appears that with immediate effect Natalya Petrivic, a 30-year-old woman from Russia and her son Vladimir Petrivic have installed themselves as Chairman and Director respectively. It does not look as though there will be drastic staff changes with Rodgers widely expected to continue as manager for the forseeable future, but if one thing is certain it is that Liverpool will spend big and could emulate the success of Rush, Dalglish and of course yourself Tommo.

PT: I can't wait Jeff, the Champs League win in '05 has been the only real time I've felt like Liverpool have got anywhere the success - not necessarily I - but my team-mates at the time achieved.

JS:
That's all we have got time for on this edition of Soccer Saturday. As always you can keep up to date with the Liverpool saga and indeed all sports news by logging on to Sky Sports - Sports News, Transfers, Scores | Watch Live Sport and clicking news. Until next time, from the team and myself, goodbye and have a relaxing weekend.

More to follow...

'We must build on the foundations' - Petrivic

View attachment 371746
'Forget the past - look forwards' - Petrivic

In an exclusive interview with LFC TV new owner Natalya Petrivic discusses ambitions, recent goings-on and much more! Our interviewer Claire Rourke delves deep into Ms. Petrivic's past and her reasons for buying.

CR: On behalf of everyone from LFC I'd like to give you a warm welcome to the club! Some fans have been worried because they feel you aren't the figure for a football club and they think you will treat the club as a quick moneymaking scheme. Do you have anything to say that might put their minds to rest?

NP:
Thank you Claire. I am not here just to make a quick profit out of Liverpool, I am here for the long term. I admire the club and their history, but we need to forget that now. It is all about looking to the future and enjoying that because we cannot solely rely on past successes to maintain our reputation. The owners in the past have been exactly what you all worry about, businessmen. I can ensure you that I am not just the Chairperson of this club, I am now living and breathing LFC.

CR: Wow, some strong words there. How about the future of manager Brendan Rodgers? He has only been here since May of this year and surely to move him on would prove not only unpopular, but unsettling too. Is this going to be a mass exodus of everything we know as Liverpool?

NP: Definitely not at all. There are already some changes in progress but none of these involve the terminating of Brendan Rodgers contract. We believe in his ability as the future of Liverpool Football Club and providing results are positive he will remain in that position as manager. My first action as Chairperson is to eradicate all debts that Liverpool FC owe in bank loans which means the club finally belongs to the board, the players and most importantly the fans.

CR: What about the players though? You have guaranteed the safety of Rodgers and the staff, but what about those who pull the shirt on and give the performances?

NP:
Well seeing as all has been confirmed, I am prepared to come on record about the changes I have made. With immediate effect, Joe Cole's contract has been terminated and he is now a free agent. Andy Carroll has been recalled to Liverpool as we feel that, as the new board, we are lacking in the striking department and he will help to solve our troubles. On top of this, a clause in Fernando Llorente's contract has meant that we have paid the remainder of his wages plus £5 million to Athletic Bilbao and he is now officially a Liverpool player having signed a contract earlier. Moreover we have offered £1.5 million plus Doni to secure a quality young back-up keeper in Jack Butland. Brendan will also be given a considerable budget to play with for the transfer window.

CR: Stunning news surely for all Liverpool fans! So Carroll back, Llorente and Butland arriving and a promise of money to be spent. Any final words for us before you leave Petrivic?

NP: We must realise that although the foundations are in place for European success, that is all they are. Foundations are there to be built on and that is exactly what I plan to do. I want every LFC fan to know that I promise to deliver success, whatever the measures!

View attachment 371743View attachment 371744View attachment 371745

Next - Rodgers' first season with the new owners...

Last edited:
Money brings problems!

View attachment 371770
Anarchy at Anfield: Lawro's take on Liverpool in January.
View attachment 371771

Well, what a season it has been so far but not in the good way! We were all hoping that the money brought in would change Liverpool and bring them back to what they once were, but it seems to have done the opposite. Brendan Rodgers had a mammoth transfer budget (reported £50 million) to work with but it seems as though he did nothing!
View attachment 371772
Gary Medel (DM/D RC): The £14m rated man from Sevilla has failed to live up to the hype that surrounded him. Rodgers clearly had money burning a hole in his pocket. An average of 6.68 overall according to Opta? Definitely a wrong choice.

Mason Bennett (ST/AM RC): Who?! Rodgers was given all the money he could ask for to sign immense players. I was expecting big names, but this 16 year old is not going to feature for a good few years. Not impressive at all.

Fixtures: 1 + 2

The results were simply put, not good enough for the Petrivics. Brendan Rodgers was officially sacked on 3rd November and then Rafa Benitez was hired 10 days later to try and revive the Rafalution of '05-08. However results have still not been good enough, as Liverpool have been chasing a win for six Premier League games.

Speculation has it that there are plans to replace Rafa Benitez at the end of the season with a Russian manager but nothing formal has been introduced by the outspoken board.

Lawro's big pick: Fernando Llorente. The man has been the only reason Liverpool have won games this season, scoring well for his club.

Current BPL position: 15th
Lawro's prediction: 9th

Follow Lawro on Twitter to keep updated with his analysis...