Russians in bid to Buy Rangers (NotW though )

Anyone else notice that theres seven guests viewing this thread !!??

This is real and i would love it to happen, but i suspect he's just trying to get rid of cash to avoid tax. So be it!!!
Alls well that ends well!

aslong as he dosent sack walter smith **** be fine :)

*The next day* "Walter Smith has been removed as manager by the new chairman. In other news, over 500 people were massacred in the wake of this revelation."

Seriously though, it will be good for Rangers if this guy does buy them ;).

Yeah but the potential commercial revenue for Rangers would be nothing compared to what you stand to make through any premier league team. If he just wants to own any team why shouldnt he buy an irish team in the airtricity league.About 2 or 3 million and you own a team and have it capable for challenging in europe lol.
Just dont see the point in buying an SPL team as its never going to be sucessful enough to return a healthy profit.Forgive me if im wrong though as my knowledge of scottish clubs is limited!

I'm not sure that the commercial revenue of many Premier League teams is bigger than Rangers lol, or Celtic for that matter. Huge stadiums which they fill, constant champions league football, minimum of europa league. Merchandise sold around the world. Massive market due to them being a huge name. The only thing Celtic and Rangers lack, is league competitiveness and massive TV money/ prize money. Obviously I have no idea as to who this guy is or where his money has came from but it can only be good for Scottish football.

nah, would love this to happen but to be honest i cant see it, sdm wouldnt sell to him if he even heard the slightest bit of news of money laundering or that