MoranEU

Reaction score
The aim of this tactic is to stretch the opponent without compromising defensive stability. I originally used a similar version of this in previous patches with lower league teams and can confirm that it works equally as well with lesser teams (back-to-back promotions with Hyde all the way to the Premier League). It has been adjusted for the most recent patch!

Test Overview

Not a 'test' season so to speak, just a season out of my regular save. I could probably have produced more impressive results but many U21 players made appearances during the season. The team had only conceded 15 goals until match day 33 (the day I won the league). A lot of youngsters appeared after this!

Below are the season results and my strongest starting 11.

View attachment 286260

View attachment 286259

Training

Preseason:

View attachment 285425

Midseason:

View attachment 285424

Additional Information

Opponent instructions are set by the assistant manager.

Make sure to set your training to defensive positioning after your preseason.

Set your fullbacks to take your corners.

If you have a long throw taker then you can change throw-ins to long.

Change to a high tempo and close down much more when playing stronger teams away from home.

Tactic Download

You can download the tactic below!

View attachment 286258

Please feel free to test the tactic and get back to me with results. If you make any adjustments that improve the tactic then also please share!

Last edited:
With this tactic I beat PSV away (0-6) and Man Utd away (0-1) playing with Ajax (4th season).
In the match against Man Utd I had 5 CC and Man Utd none.

With this tactic I beat PSV away (0-6) and Man Utd away (0-1) playing with Ajax (4th season).
In the match against Man Utd I had 5 CC and Man Utd none.
It's usually Man Utd that are my bogey team. I rarely keep a clean sheet against them so that's great to hear!

Last edited:
really good, i just started my 3rd season with bolton, results r really good,

Who is the corner taker?

"Change to a high tempo and close down much more when playing stronger teams away from home." -> Where should I change it?

THX!

Who is the corner taker?

"Change to a high tempo and close down much more when playing stronger teams away from home." -> Where should I change it?

THX!
Hey.

I don't use any particular corner takers but your full backs would probably be best. Those changes are just in the team instructions. The tactic is set to close down more and lower tempo as default but better teams need closing down 'much more' and a 'higher tempo' will attempt to wear them down.

For the corners is it right side rb,left side lb ?

It's just my personal preference but I'm experimenting with having a CM (a) and roaming playmaker in midfield. Just felt the CM's didn't offer enough going forward. I guess the point was to more be stable at the back and the CM's to help sweep up loose balls but like I say; just my preference to have more movement in the midfield. You still have the DM hang back and the roaming playmaker hangs back slightly too

Edit: Also, with the wingers with 'get forward more'

Last edited:
It's just my personal preference but I'm experimenting with having a CM (a) and roaming playmaker in midfield. Just felt the CM's didn't offer enough going forward. I guess the point was to more be stable at the back and the CM's to help sweep up loose balls but like I say; just my preference to have more movement in the midfield. You still have the DM hang back and the roaming playmaker hangs back slightly too

Edit: Also, with the wingers with 'get forward more'
Whatever works for you is great! Do you find that you score more but also concede more? If you could post results then it'd be awesome!

Whatever works for you is great! Do you find that you score more but also concede more? If you could post results then it'd be awesome!

I'm going to play 6 Premier League games with my changes and the same with yours and then just see what the differences are. I'll post results when finished but I can't do screenshots. I've gotta say, so far I'm impressed. I like the way the midfield keeps their shape and most of the time the opposition is doubled up on. I'm always wary of playing higher d-lines, and I've conceded goals because of it, but I can see it contributing towards the pressing. It's just SO **** hard to keep clean sheets on this edition and gotta be one of the most frustrating games out there...so far though I'm 100% record with 3 PL games played and 2 Euro cup games (I'm Spurs)

What are the instructions?

I can't find where they are? please help, and do u think this tactics will work for Inter Millan??

Thanks