Clince121188

Reaction score
Just a short post ladies and gents... about the legend that is Giggs in FM13.

If you enter all the general Adv Playmaker attributes (Dribbling, Agility, First Touch, Technique,Creativity, flair, off the ball and passing) into the Player Filter at a requirement of 16 or above you get only these players

View attachment 329836

Notice there are only 8 in total........... notice how many of the other players you desperately want.............. notice how even INIESTA does not even meet the requirements(misses out due to off the ball of 15)............ notice how ridiculous it is to start a save with United looking for an advanced playmaker for your starting 11.

View attachment 329828

I must admit, that until recently, I have been guilty of overlooking Giggs at times myself...untill I entered those parameters into the search engine one faithful day. Now, far from looking elsewhere....in the first season I build my team around Giggsy. In my current United save he is easily my most important player, moving between the lines and linking with every player in my midfield and attack(aswell as my full backs).

Basically what I'm saying here....Don't give up on Giggs before his time is up.

Last edited:
The problem is that he declines pretty quickly, so you need to start looking for his replacement right away. Even if you don't replace him in the first season, you'll want to replace him in the starting XI by season 2. Also, if you plan of playing a fast game, he will slow your team down.

Ryan Giggs = Super sub ... whenever i am drawing/losing and lack that extra edge i bring him on before the hour mark, either gets a goal or an assist without fail.

Yeah, the problem is, this is FM, year passes quickly and eventually you desperately need a replacement.

No doubt he declines over the course of the season...but in my experience it's always one **** of a season. Of course I know you should look for a potential replacement for the next season or even bring in a player in the first season to gel with the squad...but my point was simply how amazing i find it that most brokensjnf8ewhce8.com never really seem to give Giggs much of a part in the season he has left in him..at least not as much as his abilities deserve.

Yeah, the problem is, this is FM, year passes quickly and eventually you desperately need a replacement.

this is true, however I tend to play my games on comprehensive highlights a lot so I guess that year is a bit longer for me than most :)

The problem is that he declines pretty quickly, so you need to start looking for his replacement right away. Even if you don't replace him in the first season, you'll want to replace him in the starting XI by season 2. Also, if you plan of playing a fast game, he will slow your team down.

granted you do need to look for a replacement for the following season...but if u watch the longer highlights like I do then playing Giggs for me is a must when he is fit...I tend to bring in someone young in the first season to gel in the squad before giving them more games in the 2nd season

granted you do need to look for a replacement for the following season...but if u watch the longer highlights like I do then playing Giggs for me is a must when he is fit...I tend to bring in someone young in the first season to gel in the squad before giving them more games in the 2nd season
As a rule, I'm pretty much always looking for youth to bring in to the squad.

One of the best players who never play in a world cup final. What a shame.

natural fitness 18, bssssss the guy can play on till his 50.

EPL great veteran players (still great even past 36):

- Ryan Giggs
- Denis Irwin
- Peter Beardsley
- Teddy Sheringham
- Matt LeTissier
- Bryan Robson
- Neville Southall (He played until he's like, what, 46?)

- Ryan Giggs
- Denis Irwin
- Peter Beardsley
- Teddy Sheringham
- Matt LeTissier
- Bryan Robson

Even as a Saints and Le Tiss fan no way can he be classed as a great veteran. He retired at 34 (although did play non-league for another year or so for Eastleigh) and although he was never relied on pace in his 30's he was very slow, a bit overweight and struggled to get into games and influence like he did in his prime (although he still produced moments of genius and scored great goals like the last ever at The Dell) . He also suffered lots of niggley injuries.

- Ryan Giggs
- Denis Irwin
- Peter Beardsley
- Teddy Sheringham
- Matt LeTissier
- Bryan Robson

Never realised how old Irwin was when he was playing for Wolves...one of the really great under-rated defenders of the game