• Champions League Challenge

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AW190

Reaction score
View attachment 1004239Ryan Giggs Leaves United

View attachment 194861

After much speculation about his future, we can confirm that Ryan Giggs has left Manchester United by mutual consent after a meeting with the club's board and current boss Louis van Gaal. It is believed that Giggs would now like to become a manager himself having learnt all he can from LVG in the hope that maybe one day he would get the chance to take the Old Trafford hotseat.

An official club statement reads: 'Everyone here at Manchester United would like to place on record our thanks to the legend that is Ryan Giggs for all he has done for this great club as a player, coach, assistant manager and interim manager. We wish him all the best for the future in the world of management and hope that one day we will see him back here with more experience to become the manager that we know he can be for us.'

The big question for Giggs is where would he go? He has completed all of his coaching badges after stating he would like to become a manager, but as of yet he only has 4 games of managerial experience - most of which were dead rubbers for the club. Would there really be a big club willing to take a risk on Giggs despite his lack of experience or will he have to work his way up the ladder? Only time will tell.

Now the big
question is, what type of save should I make this?

View attachment 1004446
Exclusive Interview with Ryan Giggs
View attachment 194673
Following his resignation from Manchester United, we managed to get an interview sorted with Ryan Giggs
(SSR= Reporter, RG = Giggs)

SSR: So Ryan, this is the first time in your career that you haven't been affiliated with Manchester United. How does that feel?
RG: Being honest, it feels quite strange but I do think that I have made the right decision for the sake of my career.

SSR: Many people are saying that you have left a very safe job at Manchester United to take a risk and dive into management. Many top class players like Alan Shearer, Paul Ince and Diego Maradona have all tried their hand at management but failed miserably, do you think you will be the same?
RG: No. I think that I have left at the right time, having learnt all that I can from Sir Alex and Louis. They are both incredibly successful managers who have been able to pass on their wisdom to me. Having had a taste of management when David got sacked, I know its for me and those who watched those games will know that I did pretty well - I feel confident that I can replicate the form my team showed then wherever I end up.

SSR: That brings me to the next question; where do you think you will go now?
RG: I don't know really, I'm probably going to take a short break to spend some time with my family and talk it over with them. After that, I'll see what's available.

SSR: What would you be looking for in an ideal club?
RG: To start with, potential. By that I mean that I don't want to take over a Barcelona or a Bayern, I want a team that has room to improve and a chairman with aspirations to improve. Good facilities will be helpful, especially youth facilities as I know what good youth facilities can bring to a club and a strong, fervent fanbase to support the team.

SSR: You mentioned Barca and Bayern, does that mean you'd be willing to go abroad to start your managerial journey?
RG: Yes, to be away from the English media for a bit!

SSR: But surely you're less well known in foreign countries and wouldn't be able to command the respect of the players as well as you could if you stayed in England?
RG: You do have a point, but then again I have won 5 continental titles with United so I should be fairly well known anywhere.

SSR: One final question: Do you want to manage United in the future?
RG: Of course! For now though I think that they have a great manager in Louis van Gaal and he should be able to lead them back to the top. In the future, once I have built up a reputation as a manager then I'd love to go back. I just feel that if I was to take over from Louis when he quits, then I'm depriving another excellent manager of the chance to manage this great club.

SSR: Thanks for this very insightful interview Ryan.

I know the poll is open for 4 days but that's a mistake on my part (Meant to only open it for 24 hours) so I'll be starting the save tomorrow morning - Looks like it will be a journeyman save so far

POLL CLOSED! (well, not closed but the current result is the one I'm using)
So, I will be doing...
THE SIR ALEX FERGUSON CHALLENGE
Guess that's pretty appropriate seeing as I'm doing this as Giggsy :p

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this challenge the aims are to replicate some of the successes Fergie had at United with another club.
The basic rules are:
  1. Holiday until November 6th
  2. Take over the team 2nd bottom in the Premiership
  3. Stay at this one club
  4. Aim to bring youth players through
  5. Persuade long term players to become part of your backroom staff and/or managers.
  6. Maximum of 8 signings per season, maximum transfer outlay (NOT PROFIT) - £62m
  7. Win a domestic cup within the first 4 seasons
  8. Win a league title within the first 7 seasons
  9. Win a league + cup double within the first 8 seasons
  10. Win a league, cup and CL treble within the first 13 seasons

Once I have achieved all of this, I will either stay at that one club and try and beat all of Fergies achievements at that one club - or I will turn it into a journeyman save and end up at United :p

Obviously this challenge could be a lot easier if i get a fairly big team like Everton. Alternatively I could get a team like Bournemouth.
The next update will be introducing the very important Mr. Guy (First name: Holiday), and then i'll provide monthly updates of how the season is progressing.

Great stuff. Can't wait to see who you get to start this story with.

Introducing Mr. Holiday Guy
View attachment 194469Look into his eyes... this is the most important guy in this save, not Giggsy :p

August
View attachment 194467
With the first 4 games played this is how the table looks. If I was starting now, it would be with Sunderland :/
However, Spurs just above them is one to keep an eye on especially because they haven't exactly had hard games so far.

My preferred 3 choices before the season started were Watford, West Ham and Leicester... Only one of those looking likely so far :/

September
View attachment 194448
Sunderland's woeful form continues as they sink to the bottom of the table.
Spurs start to drag themselves up the table, and probably out of contention to be the team that Giggs takes over.
Villa currently sit 19th, although I think anyone up to 15th could be 19th by 6th November.

Now hoping for Southampton or West Ham.

October
View attachment 194419
This is how the table looks with 1 more game between now and 6th November.
I could get any of: Southampton, Aston Villa, West Ham, Norwich or Sunderland.
In order I would prefer: West Ham, Southampton, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Norwich (typical because Norwich are 19th atm -_- )

No more updates from Holiday Guy, next update will be the first from Giggs at his new club

View attachment 1004749
BREAKING: Ryan Giggs Replaces Slaven Bilic At West Ham
View attachment 194412
Reports are today coming in that West Ham United have sacked Slaven Bilic and replaced him with legendary player-turned-manager Ryan Giggs.

West Ham have been struggling throughout the season in the league and are currently sitting in 19th place in the table ahead of their move to the Olympic Stadium in the summer. Joint chairmen David Gold and David Sullivan are believed to have taken this decision with the view that the Hammer's position in the Premier League is under serious threat. The final straw for Bilic was the home defeat to fellow strugglers Swansea City, a performance they branded as 'derisory, and lacking in character and effort from any of the players'.

Giggs comes in after several months out of the game, and is tasked in the short term with ensuring that the Hammers stay in the Premier League. Giggs is meeting the players today to take morning training and then he will take part in a media conference this afternoon ahead of Sunday's game at Bournemouth.

More to come later today.

View attachment 194407LIVE: Ryan Giggs' First Press Conference as West Ham Manager

R=Reporter, G=Giggsy

R: So Ryan, here you are with your first full time job as a manager. How do you feel?
G: I feel great thanks, it's a real honour to be sat here as manager of West Ham and I'm looking forward to the challenge

R: As you say, it's going to be a real challenge. West Ham haven't been out of the relegation zone all season. Why did this job appeal to you?
G: The setup here is great, and the squad is too. They just need some confidence instilled in them and then the sky is the limit! Also, with the move to the Olympic Stadium on the horizon there really is great potential at this club

R: Many people are saying that West Ham cheated their way into the Olympic Stadium. What is your view on the matter?
G: I don't believe it is my place to comment on the matter, I am only here to manage the team. Whatever goes on administratively is solely down to the people in charge.

R: Having met with David Sullivan, David Gold and Karren Brady earlier, what are your opinions on the people in charge?
G: Well it isn't the first time I've met them, but I believe that in their natural working environment they are great people who only want what is best for the club. The fans should feel lucky to have such supportive people in charge of the club!

R: Reports say that you don't have any money to spend in January, is this true?
G: Yes, but if I was to sell any players then I would have money to spend. However I firmly believe that the squad that is currently at my disposal is strong enough to achieve my objectives for the season.

R: And what are these objectives? Surely you can't think that West Ham are relegation candidates?
G: No, we're not. I'm aiming at the moment to get as far away from the relegation zone, and hopefully we can get a good run of form going to enable us to break into the top half.

R: Your first game in charge is just 2 days away, against Bournemouth. What do you make of your chances in that game?
G: Well Bournemouth are a decent side with a strong support and a young talented manager. With the players that we have, I am hopeful we can go there and get a good result though.

R: Finally, it hasn't gone unnoticed that you have taken over West Ham on the same day that Fergie took over United - with both clubs occupying 19th in the table. Is this a coincidence?
G: Yes, I didn't even notice :p

Squad Overview

Goalkeepers
Adrian - First choice, and a decent shot-stopper. Should be good enough for a few seasons
Darren Randolph - a decent back-up for a season or two (HG)

Defenders
RB: Carl Jenkinson - First choice RB, on loan from Arsenal (HG)
RB: Joey O'Brien - Solid backup for the rest of the season at least (HG)
CB: Winston Reid - Main centre-back, should be able to play first team for several seasons
CB: James Collins - Fairly high wages for someone who wont play much - To be sold
CB: James Tonkins - Rotational CB, 3rd choice and HG at club
CB: Angelo Ogbonna - 2nd CB alongside Reid, bought in the summer and should stay for a few seasons
CB: Doneil Henry - Youngish CB, will play in cup games with potential to be a first teamer sometime soon
LB: Aaron Cresswell - One of our stars, needs to stay fit and stay at West Ham (HG)

Midfielders
CDM: Alex Song - On loan from Barca, good quality CDM but with very high wages so will probably go back to Barca in the summer
CDM: Cheikhou Kouyaté - A poor mans Song, but good enough to last for the next season and a half
CM: Mark Noble - Star Man, all round team player and Mr West Ham himself. Staying for his whole career
CM: Pedro Obiang - new addition from over the summer, almost as good as Noble but more techincally focused
AMR: Michail Antonio - the lost man of West Ham, decent backup but will probably look to sell soon
AMR: Enner Valencia - Great RW, very good up front as well. Looking to him to score a few goals
AMC: Manuel Lanzini - Loaned from a club in the UAE, available to buy for £5m. Looking to secure the funds to buy him ASAP
AMC: Mauro Zarate - Deadwood
AML: Victor Moses
AML: Dimitri Payet

Strikers
Andy Carroll - Surprisingly rated as our best striker o_O (HG)
Diafra Sakho - Troublemaker for Bilic, decent striker so will stay for a bit
Nikica Jelavic - Only kept on as a tutor, not really first team quality

Preferred Starting 11
View attachment 194349

Aims for the season

Capital One Cup - Knocked Out Already
FA Cup - 5th Round
Premier League - Mid-table (would prefer top half though)
Europa League - First KO Round (In a group with Dortmund, Videoton and Viktoria Plzen so would expect to qualify)

Games in November
View attachment 194345
3 winnable games to kick off my reign, followed by a trip back home at the end of the month

November Review

4 games this month, I'd like 3 wins ideally and a good performance at Old Tafford

View attachment 194170
AFC Bournemouth vs West Ham (Matchday 12)
Starting XI: Adrian, Ogbonna, Henry,Collins, Jenkinson, Song, Noble, Moses, Zarate, Antonio, Sakho
View attachment 194167
A tough result to take, even if I was missing 5 key players through injury or lack of fitness. Sloppy defending and goalkeeping led to Wilson's 2 goals but Cacau's was an amazing finish. After the 3rd goal I made a triple change, bringing on Reid, Payet and Carroll - we were all over them for the rest of the game but it was a case of too little, too late
View attachment 194170
West Ham vs Norwich City (Matchday 13)
Starting XI: Adrian, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Tomkins, Jenkinson, Noble, Obiang, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
View attachment 194163
A much better result than the one against Bournemouth. We welcomed back 4 big players in Cresswell, Payet, Lanzini and Valencia and they all played well, except Cresswell who lasted 23 minutes before injuring himself again... Sakho was brilliantly composed in front of goal to quadruple his tally for the season!

Injury Update
View attachment 194161
A blow for sure, but Ogbonna is more than capable at filling in at LB for the time being.

View attachment 194162
Viktoria Plzen vs West Ham (Matchday 5)
Starting XI: Adrian, Ogbonna, Tomkins, Reid, Jenkinson, Song, Obiang, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
View attachment 194158
Another comfortable win to secure progression from the group (and reach one of the agreed targets for the season). Sakho again with 2 goals, meaning he has 5 in 3 games for me (after hitting 1 in 14 for Bilic...). The only blemish is Reid's booking which means he will miss the showdown with Dortmund on Matchday 6.

View attachment 194170
Manchester United vs West Ham (AKA Giggs' Homecoming)
Starting XI: Adrian, Ogbonna, Tomkins, Reid, Jenkinson, Noble, Song, Payet, Zarate, Moses, Sakho
So, here it was - my big homecoming. I received a deafening ovation from the home fans as I walked out the tunnel, something I'll never forget. Anyway, onto the game:
View attachment 194147

We were well on top at the start but we just couldn't find a way past De Gea and the brick wall that is the United defence. They grew back into the game with the support of the home fans and we were pegged back into our own half, albeit with the threat of Moses, Sakho and Payet on the break. Eventually though, our resistance broke down as Adrian could only parry a powerful shot by Memphis into the path of Schweinsteiger who couldn't miss. 1-0 United

No more action in the first half so it was 1-0 at halftime.

The second half would tell me a lot about the character of this team. They could either crumble under the pressure now that they've conceded or they could keep playing like they have and hopefully get a goal on the break.

Second half started relatively quietly, not much happening. 64th minute, both me and Louis had enough - I subbed Zarate for Lanzini, he swapped Valencia for Young. Straight after, Rooney hit the post from a corner, the ball rebounded into the area and Reid smashed it clear...

... to Moses, and he ran with it. Suddenly we were 6-on-3 and all our staff were on our feet screaming encouragement. Moses took it out wide and had 5 to aim for with the cross. It was a good one, and Lanzini smashed home just seconds after coming on. 1-1!! Game on!

This prompted Louis to make his other 2 changes as he bought on Carrick and Darmian for Fellaini and Smalling - which meant he had 4 full backs in his back 4... he was rattled alright.

2 minutes after kick off, back at square one. Some nice interplay between Mata and Young ended up with Mata squaring it to Rooney for a tap-in. I was furious, we were level for 2 minutes. 2 whole minutes! 2-1 United

10 minutes later, I made my other 2 changes - taking off the exhausted Reid and the ineffective Payet for Henry and Valencia.

85th minute corner for us, Tomkins headed wide from a good chance.
This gave us belief and we poured forward for an equaliser. Valencia darted past 2 men, before a combination of Mario Fernandes and De Gea managed to stop the ball going in. From that corner, Moses headed it into the area, Noble tackled Schweinsteiger to give himself a free shot from 4 yards out... De gea saved it!

One final chance, Moses gave Darmian the run around once more, before crossing to Valencia, who could only hit the post!

No more time after that, and it finished 2-1 to United but a good performance from us, Louis congratulated me on what I'd managed to get the boys to do in such a short space of time.

Month Results

View attachment 194144
Tables
Europa League
View attachment 194142
We've qualified easily, we can win the group if we 'beat' Dortmund's 1-0 win when we welcome them to Upton Park. Alternatively, we can qualify with a 1-0 win of our own due to our superior goal difference.

Premier League
View attachment 194141
We move up a place, we would have been out of the relegation zone if we got a result in either of our defeats.

Hammer of the Month
View attachment 194138
Diafra Sakho
Goals: 5
Assists: 0
Avg Rating: 7.93

December Preview
View attachment 194143
A VERY big month, no doubt about it. From our showdown against Dortmund to the relegation fights against Sunderland, WBA and Southampton (twice) - this is a real chance to put down a marker.​

December Review

7 games this month, 6 in the league and the showdown against Dortmund. Realistically I would like 12 points from this month and a good performance against Dortmund.

Injury News
View attachment 193792

View attachment 193787
West Ham vs Sunderland
Starting XI: Adrian, O'Brien, Tomkins, Ogbonna, Jenkinson, Noble, Song, Obiang, Payet, Valencia, Sakho
A shaky performance for sure, but we got the 3 points.

Injury Update
View attachment 193791
Carroll won't be missed much, Sakho is in fine form

View attachment 193781
West Ham vs Borussia Dortmund
Starting XI: Adrian, Hendrie, Ogbonna, Tomkins, Jenkinson, Song, Obiang, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
We needed a win, we just lacked the clinical edge. We had the better chances - including Moses missing a 1-on-1 in the 93rd minute!
View attachment 193787
Everton vs West Ham
Starting XI: Adrian, O'Brien, Tomkins, Reid, Jenkinson, Song, Noble, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
After 2 encouraging performances, back to reality. This was just one of those games where it wouldn't go in for us, we had 62% possession!

View attachment 193787
West Ham vs West Brom
Starting XI: Adrian, Ogbonna, Reid, Henry, Jenkinson, Song, Obiang, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
An easy win, one that cost Tony Pulis his job as WBA manager. He got his revenge by injuring Lanzini, Valencia and Ogbonna - thankfully none were serious

Injury Update
View attachment 193788View attachment 193789View attachment 193790

View attachment 193787
Southampton vs West Ham
Starting XI: Adrian, Cresswell, Tomkins, Henry, Jenkinson, Song, Noble, Moses, Payet, Antonio, Sakho
We played a slightly makeshift team and it showed, but we put in a good fight and came away with a just about deserved 3 points

View attachment 193787
Arsenal vs West Ham
Starting XI: Adrian, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, O'Brien, Noble, Obiang, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
What. A. Performance. The best since I took over. We were lethal on the counter, and if truth be told we should've scored more. Reid's was a belter - a volley from 25 yards out :O

View attachment 193787
West Ham vs Southampton
Starting XI:
A dour draw, we really should've won this though - Southampton never threatened

Monthly Results
View attachment 193747
A good month for us, nearly unbeaten - should've been.

Also, on a staff front:
View attachment 193748
How could I not bring in Scholesy to help out?!

Hammer of the Month
View attachment 193714
Manuel Lanzini
Games: 4
Assists: 3
Goals: 1
Avg Rating: 7.60

Cup Draws
Europa League
View attachment 193768
That's the price you pay for finishing second. Doesn't get any easier if we get through - Wolfsburg or Marseille...

FA Cup
View attachment 193767
Could've been tougher, could've been easier.

League Table
View attachment 193743
Pretty tight down there...

Awards
View attachment 193734
Alex Song came 3rd in African Midfielder of the Year, Diafra Sakho came 3rd in African Attacker of the Year

View attachment 193733
Messi takes World Player of the Year - No Ronaldo in the top 3!

View attachment 193731
That is some team - even with Neuer only on the bench!

View attachment 193730
Messi wins the Golden Ball as well - again no Ronaldo in the top 3!

View attachment 193729
Bernado Silva claims Golden Boy - some decent stats he has there

View attachment 193723
Reid claims Oceanian Player of the Year - no offence, but there wasn't much competition for it!

View attachment 193722
Finally, our form doesn't go unnoticed as I come second in Manager of the Month for December - McClaren probably clinched it with that impressive pair of results against City.

Next month
View attachment 193746
Much quieter in January, but there is the transfer window... and we have no money to spend.​

View attachment 193244
JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Starting Budget: £0
% of Sales made available: 75%

Outs
View attachment 193234
Nikica Jelavic - Swansea (£1.4m)
3rd choice striker, fairly high wages so I moved him on.
View attachment 193233
Cheikhou Kouyaté - Wolfsburg (£6.5m)
Had been moaning about getting no football so I shifted him (also makes room for Poyet to come in and be a part of the squad next season)

View attachment 193217
Mauro Zárate - Lyon (£2.4m)
Not in my first team plans, and needed to be shifted to accommodate my new signing

INS
View attachment 193204
Victor Valdés - Manchester United (£1.6m)
Should be first choice goalie for a while, delighted to get him for cheap!

View attachment 193200
Angel Correa - Atletico Madrid (Loan)
Delighted to get this kid for the rest of the season! He should be able to add the spark that we've been missing recently (January Update).

Transfer Cost: £1.6m/£62m
Transfer Profit: £8.7m
Players Signed: 2/8
Final Budget: £5m

Major Transfers
England
View attachment 193199
Arsenal and United splash the cash on big names, while Spurs went on a late spending spree to try and lift them out of the bottom half (Signing Nacho and Alex Galvez, and failing in bids for Breel Embolo and Odegaard)
France
View attachment 193198
Monaco lose Bernado Silva dues to his release clause, and replace him with Gokhan Tore. They also buy Alexandre Pato, while PSG add strength in depth.
Germany
View attachment 193197
The big deal out of Germany is Barcelona's acquisition of Ilkay Gundogan. Bayern steal another 2 of Dortmund's players (Ginter and Bender) in addition to losing the aforementioned Costa and Tore
Portugal
View attachment 193195
Benfica sign Zaza who failed to impact at Juve, Porto lose another big player and Sporting quietly go about their business.
Italy
View attachment 193196
Juve splash the cash they received from the Morata and Zaza deals. Nothing else of note.

Spain
View attachment 193194
Real spend big to match Barca's big name signing.

January Update

View attachment 193192
Crystal Palace vs West Ham
Starting XI: Adrian, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Jenkinson, Song, Noble, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
Another frustrating game, and another where we failed to score.

View attachment 193184
Hull City vs West Ham
Starting XI: Randolph, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Henry, O'Brien, Song, Obiang, Moses, Zarate, Valencia, Carroll
A rotated side, and it showed - but at least we scored so we go through to face Portsmouth which is a good draw.

View attachment 193192
Stoke City vs West Ham
Starting XI: Adrian, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Jenkinson, Song, Noble, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
Again, no goals in the league! We were outclassed here though.

View attachment 193192
West Ham vs Watford
Starting XI: Valdés, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Jenkinson, Noble, Song, Obiang, Payet, Valencia, Sakho
Off the back of 3 consecutive league games without scoring, I changed tactic and it worked a treat as we hammered (pun very much intended.) 5th placed Watford. Valdés had a decent debut as well.

View attachment 193184
Portsmouth vs West Ham
Starting XI: Randolph, Cresswell, Tomkins, Reid, Jenkinson, Noble, Obiang, Lanzini, Payet, Valencia, Sakho
I chose to go with the same tactic, 11 minutes in and i was thinking something along the lines of "F*** the magic of the cup!" Changed tactics back to the original and never looked back.

Monthly Results
View attachment 193142A frustrating month, with a decent end. Progress in the cup is always nice.

League Table
View attachment 193140
Up to 13th, not too bad (Fergie only got to 11th in his 1st season)

Cup Draw
View attachment 193141
A tasty London Derby for the FA Cup, Spurs are struggling in the league so I believe we can win this.

Hammer of the Month
View attachment 193124
Enner Valencia
Games: 5
Goals: 3
Avg Rating: 8.1

February Preview
View attachment 193123
Well, nice easy month :p

West Ham in 19th! They have a squad with high potential! Great starting club though, I am pleased haha.

Sahko has been great so far for you! Hopefully he continues to fire. Glad to see the back of Jelavic, never scores many.

Whao close call in the cup against Portsmouth..typical cup behavior :p

February Review

View attachment 192940
Manchester City vs West Ham
Starting XI: Valdés, Cresswell, Reid, Ogbonna, Jenkinson, Song, Noble, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
A tough result to take after recent performances against big teams. We looked comfortable for long periods, but a comedy goal from Silva got them back in the game and they managed to grab another while Hart was in fine form.

View attachment 192940
West Ham vs Newcastle
Starting XI: Valdés, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Jenkinson, Noble, Song, Obiang, Payet, Valencia, Sakho
Imperative that we won this game, and a decent win. We started getting nervous as soon as Newcastle made it 2-1. They pushed and pushed, and I honestly thought we'd throw it away but right at the end a great counter was clinically finished off by Correa. We close the gap to the top-half to just 3 points now.

View attachment 192940
Liverpool vs West Ham
Starting XI: Valdés, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Jenkinson, Noble, Song, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
About as easy as away wins come! Sakho's red card came just as I was waiting to sub him off ffs - he got a 3 match ban for it!

Injury Update
View attachment 192932
He couldn't have timed it better if he f*cking tried! I now have to choose whether to play Correa or Valencia up front for the next 3 domestic games, at least Sakho can still play in the Ajax games

View attachment 192939
West Ham vs Ajax
Pretty much the perfect home win - solid, commanding performance, 2 goals and no away goals allowed. That pretty much meant we needed 1 goal in Amsterdam to go through. Wolfsburg won their first leg 4-0 so...
Song's yellow does mean he is suspended for the away leg.
View attachment 192938
West Ham vs Tottenham Hotspur
Starting XI: Valdés, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Jenkinson, Song, Noble, Obiang, Lanzini, Payet, Valencia
They've risen up the league to 6th, and looked much more menacing here than when we drew them originally. We stick to our game plan though and continued our impressive record against the top sides. Only United and Arsenal stand in our way for the cup realistically - unfortunately both got easy home draws that they should win. (No, we aren't playing them :p )

View attachment 192939
Ajax vs West Ham
Starting XI: Valdés, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Jenkinson, Noble, Obiang, Payet, Lanzini, Valencia, Sakho
Sakho wins the shootout against Sanogoal (can't call him that now :'( ) with his pace absolutely terrorizing Heitinga at the heart of the Ajax defence.

View attachment 192940
West Ham vs Aston Villa
Starting XI: Valdés, Cresswell, Tomkins, Reid, Jenkinson, Song, Noble, Obiang, Payet, Valencia, Correa
Comfortable.

Monthly Results

View attachment 192920
And to think I was scared of this month?! Only one instance of us not winning, but we still put in a great shift in that game - this is building some real momentum here!

League Table
View attachment 192919
Really tight in the league - realistic aim is around 7th, but we play just about all of the top 10 in our remaining games... The top 4 and bottom 3 look clear of everyone else. We've done well with our GD seeing as it was somewhere near -20 when I took over...

FA Cup Draw
View attachment 192917
We really should win this, board only wanted 5th round so it's all good :)

Europa League Draw
View attachment 192916
One of the 4 teams I wanted to avoid - with Roma, Valencia and Dortmund. This will be tough and we'll need to be at 120% to win this.

Hammer of the Month
View attachment 192915
The 4th different winner in the 4th month (although Lanzini ran him all the way)
Carl Jenkinson
Games: 7
Goals: 0
Avg Rating: 8.00

March Preview
View attachment 192914
A pivotal month, ideally would like 6 points in the league - but we must beat Swansea as they are the closest team to us...​

West Ham in 19th! They have a squad with high potential! Great starting club though, I am pleased haha.

Sahko has been great so far for you! Hopefully he continues to fire. Glad to see the back of Jelavic, never scores many.

Whao close call in the cup against Portsmouth..typical cup behavior :p

Cheers man :)
Gonna do a youth team report (hopefully today) as there are some gems hidden in there!
Sakho has been great, bit hit and miss though - he does tend to go missing in the big games (except Ajax away!) - still wouldn't want him injured as Carroll is just as bad as Jelavic, so I'm looking for a new striker in the summer.
I know! I guess I shouldn't have viewed Portsmouth as an easy win - heck, being a Chelsea fan is enough to tell me there isn't an easy cup game *cough* Bradford *cough* !

Last edited:
Youth Report - 2015/16

Every season, when the youth intake comes in I will show that intake and highlight the 3 best players from it. I will also show the 5 most promising youngsters at the club as well.

Youth Intake

View attachment 192908
Not a bad first intake

Andreas Makris - LM (Cyprus)
View attachment 192907
Never had a Cypriot of note before...
Left midfielder atm but he will be retrained as an AML. He has a couple of decent stats, could make it into a lower Prem side if he reaches his potential - but will be lucky to make the grade here.
Austin Warner - CB/RB (England)
View attachment 192906
I like the look of this kid, willing to work for the team and decent stats for a CB - with the right tutor for his disappointing mentals, this kid could become a rotational CB for us at least.
Bobby Hatch - LB (England)
View attachment 192905
The star player in this intake by a mile, and hopefully the long-term replacement for Cresswell. He has all the attributes I like in my players - Determination, Teamwork, Work Rate, Stamina, Natural Fitness. And he has some handy techincal stats which are sure to shoot up. This kid could be brilliant (cue him probably breaking his leg before the end of the season)

Best of the Rest

Diego Poyet - CDM/CM (Uruguay)
View attachment 192899
This kid has potential alright! He's being fast-tracked into the first team squad when he returns from his loan and will get some decent game time next season.

Joe Powell - CAM (England)
View attachment 192898
He needs a loan next season, probably to the championship where Poyet is flourishing currently. When he returns from that, he'll probably get some game time but he isn't ready for another couple of seasons.

Reece Burke - CB (England)

View attachment 192897
What is it with West Ham and great young centre backs?! I'm still undecided whether to put this kid in the first team squad next season or give him a loan to further enhance his experience. One to watch, as he's had a few first team games already.

Reece Oxford - CB/CDM (England)
View attachment 192896
If you watch the Premier League, you've heard of this kid. Problem is - he has some stiff competition even in the youth setup! I like the look of him though, will probably get a loan next season.

Vashon Neufville - LB (England)
View attachment 192895
Probably the weakest of these 5, and likely to get shunted out by Hatch as our best young LB. Still has good potential, and should make in the BPL.​