cthuerter

Reaction score
Sergio Mota Mello

090110sergiomota.jpg

Team: São Paulo
Nationality: Brazilian
DOB: 16 November 1989
Position: AMC (natural), MC, ML, AML (accomplished)
Strengths: physical stats, technical ability
Weaknesses: aerial ability, determination

I picked this guy up several seasons into the game for 14.5 million euros, so I'm sure he would be available much cheaper in 2009 or 2010. His first season was decent, not special, and he had some trouble settling initially as many Brazilians do in Europe. His second season he really stepped up with some great performances and was named German Footballer of the Year.

I play him as an AMC on the left side in a three man AMC unit since he is left-footed and naturally likes to run down the left. This he does with great success (see the history screenshot), averaging almost 9 dribbles per game in his second season which was by far the most in the Bundesliga. For that he probably has his high acceleration, agility, and dribbling skills to thank.

Sergio Mota is adept at both passing and shooting, with high technical ability and good long shots. The screenshots are from September 2014 and he is about at max potential. I think he should be picking up his first Brazil cap soon if he continues to play well. He was still improving his stats the first two seasons in my squad and even now only has basic German so I think he has a great future ahead of him.

As noted above his determination is probably his poorest stat, I think it was only 8 or 9 when I bought him. I didn't have a good AMC to tutor him so I couldn't bring that up and it is naturally increasing but still only at 10 now. With good tutoring I think you would be able to get it up to 14-15 easily. He has a fairly loyal personality so once he is in your squad he will probably want to stick around.

I remember in old FM's he had loads of potential, but has been one of those to fade away both IRL and on the game.......

Just bought him on loan with the option to sign him for £1.8m looks quite good but not as good as he was in previous games. What role are you playing him in? and what training are you using?

Last edited: