S.C. Olhanense - The Pride Of The Algarve

Season 6 – Champions League Fiesta

So we had a little bit more of an eventful summer than first thought, and it’s all because of this Champions League qualification! It seemed to set of a chain of players wanting new deals, triple wages and even release clauses, all of which I wasn’t willing to accept. So, we ended up with a bit of an exodus at the club, but I think it’s all worked out in the end….

Transfers Out

sandry transfe.png

Sandry was the first out of the door with his £9 Million release cause triggered, there was nothing I could do to stop him but in the end its money that has been used wisely in the summer.

trans ouy.png

Cardoso bringing in £4 Mill is a big win as it seemed to be going on all summer and I feel CB is the one position we can pick up good depth at if we need to. Hedilazio, Alarcon, Ze Carlos, Poveda and Ronan all had smaller roles last year so it’s better to cash in where we can as the free transfer market allows us to fill these positions with better talent quite easily.

Most of the other transfers were youth heading out on loan and hopefully as they are all trained at the club now this experience will just help add to them as the come into the first team potentially next season.

Transfers In

icardi yay.png

Another player to add to the collection… Yes we got old man Icardi to join our ranks! He’s already played pretty well and actually compliments Tavares and Simeone so is a real steal (so far..) Hopefully his experience in the champions league will come in handy!

trans in.png

Martim Neto / £1.8 Mill – Neto is our new box to box midfielder and for such a small fee in terms of his quality it’s a real steel. He’s also home grown in nation so another tick in the box for the Champions League squad.

Ruben Sanchez / £2.1 Mill – Ruben comes in as out new right back cover after letting go of Ze Carlos and also shifting Quaresma back into the middle this season. A real solid depth player who can play all up the right hand side.

Tiago Djalo / £1.4 Mill – Djalo is the player we all love to have; he can play all across the back line and in the holding midfielder role. All at 3-star ability too and a great player to have on the bench in every game this year.

Bernardo Vital / £725K – Another defensive signing to really bulk out the back line. He’s already played in the champions league and can be used as our 3rd​ CB this year. Also, another home grown player.

Tomas Handel / £300K – This is our bargain of the summer as he was on the transfer list and will come in as a CM backup this year. He is still young and really looks good for the type of midfielders we play in the squad. Solid for just £300K.

Pau / £170K – A youth prospect who I decided to sign on deadline day, just spending some left over pennies and has 5 star potential so far so we’ll see where that takes us!

Raphael Guerreiro / £28K – Yes you read that right…. For just £28K we managed to get Raphael as our starting left back and still only 33 a player who will get considerable amounts of game time this year. Also similar to Icardi, a healthy amount of Champions League experience coming into the team!

Victor Bobsin / FREE – Our new deep lying playmaker who came up highly rated on the scout reports. Surprisingly he actually lived up to his report and seems to be settling in well at the centre of our midfield.

Hugo Ekitike / FREE – This young PSG player comes in as our new right winger on a FREE! And a real bargain. He hasn’t developed as well as people expected him to so far but with us finally being able to get some youth in the team out wide id like to think he’ll be getting a whole lot of game time this year.

Martin Bellone / LOAN – This is the seasons superstar, on loan from Man United. He can play right and left back and has some real quality in both positions. He’s our only loan (so far) but really helps add quality to that back line which is revamped to go again this season!

How The Squad Looks…

squad new.png

new look squad.png

So as you can see we’re still sticking with our 4-2-4 formation which seems to be getting some great results. I’ve also made sure we have all our training in place for the roles on the pitch and that’s all paying off now as they all seem comfortable in the position they play.

Overall, a much better squad this year, with a lot of the older players moved on whilst still being able to bring in some good experience as we hit our first season in the champions league!

season preview.png

The press is starting to see our quality too from the look of things…

Results So Far

results so far.png

So, we’ve got off to a pretty good start, with the little blip in the last 2 games. As you can see ive played a bit more than expected as I got a little carried away last night. But a healthy start to the campaign for sure…

champions league.png

Oh and this is the disgusting looking champions league fixtures we have coming up…. Yay…..

Other Squad News

staaaafff.png

So, we’ve finally managed to settle down and pick up a good backroom team so hopefully this helps with the development of the club going forwards too!

new balanceee.png

Also, with all the wheeling and dealing our budget is the best it’s ever looks!

Plenty of positives as we head onto our next European Adventure….