S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Raikan007

Reaction score
I bought this game yesterday for my Pc as I have not really tested my new graphics card out yet, I know its a tad old, but I really enjoyed the first Stalker :) and it was only like 9 quid (R99 here in SA) my graphics card is the Geforce GT 430 1gb DDR3 :)

anyone played this game yet? I have done some research and it seems very good :) I have recently played Batman Arkhum Asylum, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction and Bad Company 2 on my older card, wanted to mix Fm11 with a good game ;)

cheers

stalker_Call_of_Pripyat_screenshots_0003.jpg

I couldn't get into Call of Pripyat but Shadow of Chernobyl was one of my favourite games.

"Get out of here Stalker!"

:wub:

hmmm, ****, i had assumed that CoP was the 2nd installment, maybe I should find Shadow of Chernobyl first?

why is it that you did not get into it Lee?

Oh actually hang on a sec, I've not played CoP. I was thinking of Clear Sky which was more of a Stalker 1.5. :)

I played it & really enjoyed it even though the ending, like the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R., was weak & dissapointing. Wished the game had more weapons in it & lasted longer.

Those radioactive emissions were a pain in the ****.

thanks for that Douche! I recall the 1st ending being pretty lame, now definately got something to look forward too....

thanks for that Douche! I recall the 1st ending being pretty lame, now definately got something to look forward too....

Don't get me wrong, it was REALLY enjoyable right up to the very end is all - I'd play it again no problem. I thought the first one was an excellent bullet-fest too, again right up to the very end, so please don't let me put you off COP.

started it last night, I must say, it brings me straight back to the 1st game, the atmosphere and the RPG elements are fantastic, had goose bumps from the bloodsuckers attacking me at midnight...

think I am really going to enjoy this one :) graphics are pretty good as well :)

I never download Mods for games, I never know which one to :)

is there any mod that can update the graphics/gameplay etc? would they interfere with the original story? or should you only install them after completing the game for replay purposes?

I have Resident Evil 5 next to play as well as Cryostasis (a bit old, but never got to play them, well Resident Evil is my fav series, decided to get it recently)

5405898910_374e1882f0_o.jpg

http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2010/04/mod-call-of-pripyat-complete.html

Call of Pripyat Complete is the third entry in the Complete mod series, which is a set of modifications created by professional artists dedicated to enhancing the production quality of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series. The Complete mods emphasize on improving the original graphics, sound, and atmosphere of each game while preserving the core game elements.

Built upon the success of Stalker Complete 2009, which was downloaded by one in every five S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl players, this entry in the Complete mod series is the cumulative culmination of the series’ achievements in aesthetically updating the game without introducing unnecessary or gameplay-redefining features.

Designed to meet the desires of new players and veterans alike, Call of Pripyat Complete unleashes the full potential of the latest, most climactic chapter in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R and the Complete mod series.

YouTube - Call of Pripyat Complete - Official Trailer

thanks Lee, I am currently playing Resident Evil 5 on my Ps3 :) have not played this all week! I am probably around 1/4 of the way through (I think) should I install this now half way or install it then start a new game?

cheers for the link :) peace