Karloss

Reaction score
Does anyone else have their teams performance slump second season? My latest save was with Everton and my first season was deemed a success. Although my players didn't perform to the level i think they are capable of, my tactic was solid and we gridded out the results to finish 3rd and runner up in the Fa Cup.

View attachment 435686View attachment 435685

So i started the second season highly optimistic about my teams chances. I let most of the aging players go and went about building my team up to face European opponents. I was dissapointed to have to let Baines go for ?15m but i felt i got a very competent replacement in Danny Rose. I also thought Mitrovic would be the final piece to my team in the absent of Lukaku. However the season started poorly and never picked itself up. Serious injury to Osman and Mitrovic early on weakened me and it seemed like we couldn't beat anyone.

I struggle to understand how a tactic capable of giving me a 3rd place finish has instantly become unplayable. First season my team rarely conceded or lost and now suddenly we cant beat anyone and cant keep a clean sheet. I have made slight changes to my tactic to work it around my new players and yet its all gone horribly wrong.

This has happened now on a few saves and each time i get sacked in the second season i lose my motivation to bother starting a new save. Sacked twice at liverpool, once a west ham, at arsenal and now everton.

How many transfers are you bringing in? My gut feeling is you're upsetting the dynamic of the team too early. I never change my first team squad by more than 2-3 players per window.

6 players for my first team squad came in... That's the normal amount i would normally bring in and has caused no problems on previous games. The same happened at liverpool when the only player i brought in was Townsend

Looking at your stats last season, you definitely won based on defense. You were top in goals allowed, but 10th in offense. A big blow, like losing your striker to injury, could very well make the difference. Also, Howard is getting on in years and you might be seeing him decline.

That all said, watch your matches closely and see what it is that is going wrong. Look at the passes they are making and who is making them when they go wrong. Why are other teams scoring? Are the players out of position or is the keeper just missing the stops? Another thing, try moving your defensive line all the way back if you are not doing so. It tends to help my defense greatly. Based on what I can tell from your offense last season, you cannot really afford to give up more than a goal.