Saint George's Academy - An England Youth Challenge

mkempdillon

Reaction score
View attachment 591839

"Perfer et Obdura"

Be patient and tough.

Introduction:

This challenge is all about the production of English youth players. So many times apparent golden generations of English players have come through and failed. With the current success of the u17s having got through to the European Championship final this week I got an idea of creating a club in the English football pyramid solely based upon the idea of nurturing English talent.

As such I give you Saint George's Academy. Based in Burton upon-Trent the home of Saint George's Park the new home of English football development, the club has amazing facilities and a brand new Lions Arena perfect for the club to achieve great success.

Aptly named after England's patron saint this academy has some of the brightest upcoming English players. However the likes of Sterling and Wilshire etc have been omitted due to the fact they already play for top clubs week in week out. The Staff is also full of some of the best and promising coaches who are ideal for this role and perfect to help change England's future.

The Club:

View attachment 382161

The Staff:

View attachment 382160

The Squads:

1st Team
View attachment 382159

Under 21s / Under 18s

View attachment 382158 View attachment 382157

The Challenge:

The club in put in the Championship, replacing Yeovil who finished bottom this season (13/14). The main aim is to not only achieve success with the Academy, but help England finally win their first major trophy since 1966.

You can start as England manager if you wish or earn the place. I would suggest being England u21 manager so you can help the St George's Academy players develop.

Aims:

The key one here is obvious. ONLY USE ENGLISH PLAYERS. If a youngster comes through who isn't English. Sell them. If they are English and get capped for a different nation, sell them.

The title says youth challenge but you can sign other English players if you wish, 23 or under. Once a player hits 28 you should try and look to sell them, to open a space in your team for a new youngster.

Main:

Win Promotion from the Championship
Win FA / League Cup
European Qualification
Win Premier League.
Lead England to WC Glory
(Now I know England are OP'ed from the start but you should try and use as many players who play for the Academy once you get the England job.)

Side Aims:

Full Team of the Week English Players
Win Golden Boot / Young Player / Player of the Year
Sign no players, use only academy newgens.

Good Luck!

Downloads:

DATABASE FILES:

Originalv2 (Cup Issue Fixed): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3khycsoaasc151z/StGeorges.dbc
bornexplorer88 v1 (Club has different players inc. mentors and Stadium changes))View attachment 595677

KITS / BADGE (HUGE thanks to bornexplorer88 for these)

st georges team

View attachment 591840 View attachment 591841 View attachment 591842

Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks for this. A few months back I actually bought FM11 again as a user had created this database for that edition, but that game is kind of outdated now. Maybe this will reignite my interest in FM14.

If you want you can, would probably be better to be u21 manager to help growth. Have edited intro to say this

Why would win promotion TO the championship when you start in the championship. ?.

Started decided not to start as England manager hopefully roy will mess up and ill take it then!

like this challenge similar to one I put up thanks mate ill post my success! ... or failure XD

Started decided not to start as England manager hopefully roy will mess up and ill take it then!

like this challenge similar to one I put up thanks mate ill post my success! ... or failure XD

yeah there are so similar ones out there but decided to make a club for everyone to be. In regards to success I holidayed a season and they lost in Play Off final on pens, finished 3rd as well. Second season sold so many people. It's not really a club that would do well under AI i think.

Main:

Win Promotion from the Championship
Win FA / League Cup
European Qualification
Win Premier League.
Lead England to WC Glory
(Now I know England are OP'ed from the start but you should try and use as many players who play for the Academy once you get the England job.)

Like the game idea, I have started and i have made a few graphics, just because I like having graphics in my games...
thought you might like to post them up...

View attachment 379270
"Perfer et Obdura"
it means "be patient and tough" (latin)

View attachment 379274View attachment 379273View attachment 379272

Here is a winrar folder, it just needs unzipping into "...//graphics//..." folder

https://www.mediafire.com/?ar60m0j0u0z3cq9

I found it really hard to get the England job in my Swansea save (2cl,3epl,4 domestic cup wins) and they just laughed me off. I got the Spain job just a week later

Are you a rival nationality of england? If you are, they won't go for you.

Like the game idea, I have started and i have made a few graphics, just because I like having graphics in my games...
thought you might like to post them up...

View attachment 591126
"Perfer et Obdura"
it means "be patient and tough" (latin)

View attachment 591119View attachment 591121View attachment 591122

Here is a winrar folder, it just needs unzipping into "...//graphics//..." folder

https://www.mediafire.com/?ar60m0j0u0z3cq9

Superb squire. I'll edit into front post.

How are people finding it second season onwards? I know some of the younger players there won't develop into world class players but all meant to be decent PL players. Lots of bids coming in?

Just coming into pre-season of the first season now...

Signed a few oldies thou :O, then noticed the oldies rule but I'm gonna carry on as I am, need some tutors in fast...

Transfers in:-
Tommy Rowe DL/ML - Play multiple positions well and is relatively experienced in the Championship. 1.7m

David Bentley MR - The funny guy, adds a bit unpredictability to our already solid winger situation (3-5-2). Free

Danny Potts DL - A young lad with potential, out of West Ham youth academy. Initially a loan but option to buy. 10k p/m FF: 2.2m

Alex Revell ST - a big bruising target man for Wickham to hopefully learner from. Played in the lower leagues for nearly a decade. 130K

Michael Brown DM - A powerful, yet skill individual from Man City's youth system over twenty years ago. Didn't really get a fair crack. 115K

Alex Nimely ST - Another young lad, with potential but just never got the chance to prove himself, here is his chance. 230K

John Lundstram DM - My future Steven Gerrard, yes I know he's from Everton but he's got great potential to replace Gerrard(ENG). 3.8m

keep you guys updated, but I might start again and try it with just U23s

Yep. I never got it even though I won the CL with Southampton in the 2nd season

Just coming into pre-season of the first season now...

Signed a few oldies thou :O, then noticed the oldies rule but I'm gonna carry on as I am, need some tutors in fast...

Transfers in:-
Tommy Rowe DL/ML - Play multiple positions well and is relatively experienced in the Championship. 1.7m

David Bentley MR - The funny guy, adds a bit unpredictability to our already solid winger situation (3-5-2). Free

Danny Potts DL - A young lad with potential, out of West Ham youth academy. Initially a loan but option to buy. 10k p/m FF: 2.2m

Alex Revell ST - a big bruising target man for Wickham to hopefully learner from. Played in the lower leagues for nearly a decade. 130K

Michael Brown DM - A powerful, yet skill individual from Man City's youth system over twenty years ago. Didn't really get a fair crack. 115K

Alex Nimely ST - Another young lad, with potential but just never got the chance to prove himself, here is his chance. 230K

John Lundstram DM - My future Steven Gerrard, yes I know he's from Everton but he's got great potential to replace Gerrard(ENG). 3.8m

keep you guys updated, but I might start again and try it with just U23s

Like you said, it's vital for tutors. This is something I thought about. If I didn't give so many coaches could of had Player/Coaches. I don't mind a few oldies, in reality a coach can easily mentor an individual, something FM doesn't offer, so the ability to do this through a few older players seems fine to me. Plus the rule was "try and replace for a place in the team" I don't really think Michael Brown or Alex Revell are going to start every game for you, and as such take up a place.