focus_mad

Reaction score

Saint Patrick's Athletic Plan Spanish Inquisition
7th July 2009

It has been announced today that Javier Aragonas has been appointed as the new manager of the Supersaints. Aragonas, who was dubbed the "Spainsh Roy Keane" during his playing days at Getafe and Real Santander, was welcomed to Richmond Park by the Supersaints loyal fans this morning to raptures of applause.
Saint Pats have experienced something of an upheaval recently, due to their over performance in the Irish Premier League and relevant cups, the English FA had approached Chairman Garret Kelleher to express their interest in having the Supersaints play in England to boost the numbers of Irish viewers. Kelleher jumpd at the chance with both feet first, immediately resigning the league from all Irish Competitions. However when word of this spread, the clubs of England were in uproar and due to this the Supersaints must begin in the Blue Square South League.
Richie Sandler, the club's Director, was quoted saying, "While being in the Blue Square South is a lower standard we normally do not play at, everyone at the club is looking forward to the exciting years ahead of us and Javier has the full backing of everone at the club from the Chairman down to the Match Day Programme Sellers!!"
When asked at the press conference to mark his arrival about the club's chance of progressing up the laegues, Aragonas was openly confident. Aragonas's future transfer policy was questioned and was answered by saying no transfers will be hasty, everything must be right for a player to come to our club, while we may not have the world's best wages, we do have ambition, pride and self belief that this club, our club can become one of the best. The press conference was wrapped up with Aragonas being presented with the Supersaints jersey with his number 16 from his playing days on the back..
This certainly will spell a different era for the Inchicore Supersaints....

Good luck mate. In FM08 I got Bohs into the Champions League group stages a few times. Haven't tried it yet on FM10 but will do at some stage

Yeah I used to always win the league so I thought this may be more of a challenge!!!:)

If you do manage to get into the CL its sets you up to dominate because you get something like £6m prize money which is a stupid amount of money for the LoI :D

Stadium: Richmond Park has a capacity of 5000 and hopefully will be packed to the rafters for the home games.

Traning: The training facilities are adequate and while the recent transfer of Keith "Fats" Fahey to Birmingham created a short windfall for the club none was spent of developing the facilities.

Aragonas was overheard expressing his vision to Assistant Pete Mahon about developing these facilities.

On the transfer window, Aragonas kept tight lipped however Director Richie Sandler was more talkative, "We have a number of players lined up to strenghten our wing options but nothing is set in stone yet".

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

On the eve of St Pat's European match against Dacia, a press conference has been called to announce that Cyril Domoroud, Olivier Bernard and young Jason Beardsley have been signed on free transfers. The Ivory Coast international Defender expressed his joy at signing for the Supersaints and aiding in the attempt to boost the club's League standing.
"Olivier and Jason have been brought in to boost our wing back attacking options while also improving our defensive capabilities," said Aragonas surrounded by his new signings. Some may say the Spainard was as happy as a pig in *****...:)

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

On the Night of the Supersaints impressive 3-0 victory over Dacia in European Competition we, Football Focus, sat down with Javier Aragonas to delve into his mindset for his vision for St Pats.

FF: Javier how do you feel about the position the club is in?
J.A (through interpreter): I feel that what is done is done and while it is not the ideal situation, the Blue Square South League is of a good standard and that everyone must start from the bottom of the ladder and work their way up, making sure not to fall off..:)

FF: How did it come about that you came to be manager of the club?
J.A: I have always had an interest in management and I felt that the time was right to make an appearance. With St Pats, this is a club that I believed matched my ambitions and after an indepth chat with Brian Kerr who I knew through my international experience, I felt that this was the right move to not only make a name for myself but also for the supersaints.

FF:You have already gone into the transfer market, can we expect more?
J.A: As they say I keep my cards close to my chest but yes a few more signings are in the pipelines. With the joining of Olivier, Jason and Cyril we have vastly improved our back line but also improved our counter attacking ability due to Jason and Olivier eagerness to use the line to their full advantage.

FF: Will you be going for experience or youth?
J.A: I believe that if a player has quality, age is of no consequence as Cyril will prove this season. But I have had talks with the Chairman and hopefully if costs stay low there may be an upgrade in training and development facilities.

FF: How do you feel you will cope with the language barrier?
J.A: Language barrier? (In english) my English is good but my football is even better..:p

FF: Thanks Javier for your time this afternoon and congrats on your win against Dacia​

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Aragonas Continues Signing

Edgar Davids is the latest signing for the SuperSaints Revolution, the Dutch International has signed a 6month contract on 2,500euro a week. Davids was quoted saying, "Javier is a close friend of mine and when the oppurtunity rose to help him out and test myself I jumped at it. While I was looking for a two year deal, Javier insisted a 6 month contract was flexible for all".
Aswell as Davids, Aragonas has bolstered his midfield with Charlie Grant ariving from Celtic for 50k and Gomez arriving on a free. The Spanish younster stated "it is a dream to be playing for Aragonas who I watched with awe every weekend."​

Last edited:
nice to see u back bud

i remeber ur u21 story it was brillant

i support the super saints so il be following

nice to see u back bud

i remeber ur u21 story it was brillant

i support the super saints so il be following

Story pal, Ah been up to me tonsils with work ya know?
I'm playing this and tryin to design a guesthouse at the same time (H)

I put them in England for a change, think its time for a update, I'm flying through it so ill wait till the January transfer window

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

On the eve of the January transfer window we, Football Focus have sat down once again with Javier Aragonas, manager of Saint Patrick's Athletic to see how the Supersaints imersion into English League football is coming along.

FF: Javier how has the season gone for you so far?
J.A: I feel that it is coming along nicely in the league sitting on top after 20 matches with 9 points in the lead. However we have dropped some silly points through out the first half of the campaign. Our European dream was cut short by Athletic, we did well with a shock win in the first leg but their class shown through overall and I wish them the best. Disapointingly our all-Ireland Cup campaign did not go well and that will certainly be addressed for next season.

FF: How have your signings integrated into the existing panel?
J.A: The new players have done well adding more competition to the squad which I believe was badly missing. We have signed a number of youngsters from Scotland, a few of which have seen first team football already, there is only one way to develop players and that is playing matches. You cant learn everything in training.

FF: There appears to be a lack of harmony in the squad?
J.A: This lack of harmony is caused by dead wood in the squad who shall be removed. These lads are being paid to play football and if they cannot do a job they will be transfer listed it is as simple as that. Keeping an eye to next season when we will be in the Blue Square Premier I have a idea of who I want to keep and people better pull their socks up from now till the summer.

FF: How is the worsening financial situation in the club affecting you?
J.A: I am a football player and manager, what happens in the banks I stay out of. as they stay get out of the oven if you dont want to be burned. I shall be looking to get results on the pitch to boost the financial earnings of the club.

FF: Thanks Javier for your time for the interview, your english is coming alog nicely.
J.A: Thank you, I have been getting english lessons from a very good teacher Vanessa Perroncel.. She offered her services to me..;)

Nice start, interesting Language teacher, be interesting to see how an Irish Team does in England though.

Nice start, interesting Language teacher, be interesting to see how an Irish Team does in England though.

HAHA yeah I just put it in for the laugh! Ah I'm trying to get a bit of attacking football going so time wil tell!!

Great to see another LOI story! I'm managing Bohs. Got them to group stages on FM 09 in second season! Good luck + very well written

Good luck mate, what a coincidence i just beat them 4-0. :)

ARAGONAS STARTS WITH WINNING CAMPAIGN​

Inchicore and half of Dublin are in ecstay tonight after it was confirmed that Saint Patricks have won the Blue Square South League for the first time in their history. It took them only the first time of asking to win the league since their Chairman Garret Kelleher's decision to enter them into the English FA Leagues.

Director Richie Sandler was literally lost for words when we interviewed him as he was carried away by jubilant fans (our reporters are not allowed run on the job so the interview was terminated..) However Javier Aragonas and his Assistant Manager Jose Bakero (ex Barcalona player) were available for comment.
FF: Well done gentlemen your first title under your belt how do you feel?
J.A: I feel over the moon I cannot give the lads higher praise, this has totally lifted morale and there is no stopping us now.
FF: you scored over a 100 goals this season, what do you contribute that to?
J.B:We contribute that to hard work and to Quigo scoring for fun. Gints has broken into his national team with his exploits too so its all good.
FF:Javier you also got Manger of the Year this year, how do you feel?
J.A: I am delighted that I have won this award however I wouldnt have won it without my players and backroom staff and I want to thank them..

FF: Thank you gentlemen and enjoy yourselves...

FF: and news has just come in now that Aragonas has officaly signed Keko and Koke from Athletico Madrid for a combined fee of 12 euro. The two hotly tipped youngsters were at the end of expiring contracts and Aragonas has reportly signed them on 2k a week each. We will have to see how this affects the clubs financial balance..

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

IS THE BLUE SQUARE PREMIER READY FOR THE RED ARMY???

After Aragonas's Supersaints took the Blue Square South by stowm, the Blue Square Premier is next. The club while bringing in youngsters has also brought in some quality experience.

Salif Diao the ex Liverpool Sengalese midfielder has joined on a free transfer on a two year contract.

Louis Saha the french striker has joined on a two year contract, stating the excitement surrounding the club as the main pulling point for him.

Laryea Kingston has also signed on a free from Hearts. He stated the desire to forward the club's budding young talent as his main aim when joining the club.

A number of youngsters have been signed on loan. Daragh Ryan and Robbie Ryan, Gary Dempsey and Damo Lynch have been since sold off with a number of players including one time club captain Jaime Harris have been released.

The current financial situation is looking secure due to a 600% increase in kit sponsorship.

The future looks bright for Aragonas's Red Army!!!

Last edited:

SUPERSAINTS PROVE LIGHTENING CAN STRIKE TWICE

In an unbelieveable second season in English Leagues Saint Patrick's Athletic have gained promotion yet again. Aragonas's men have proved their worth by winning the Blue Square Premier League for the first in their history..Mrs Doyle the faithful tealady was over heard saying we'll never have to win that again cause we'll never go down!!

We at Football Focus managed to grab Aragonas off the shoulders of his backroom staff for a quick chat about his success.

FF: Javier I didnt think id be saying it so soon after your last sucess but congrats on promotion automaticaly again!
J.A: Thanks Lawrie it is unbelieveable to say the least it is what dreams are made of!

FF: Who would you rate as being the main reason your celebrating today?
J.A: Of course everyone in the club has played a part from the programme sellers to the kitman. We'v seen the Chairman kit out for training and we'v seen a ball boy punch up along the way but it has all been part and parcel of the wonderful game. The fact Louis (Saha) and Hilly(Jonathon Hill, academy first teamer at the age of 16) contributed with 15+ goals each has helped and we have our very own Cristiano Ronaldo with Laryea Kingston scoring 20+ goals from an attacking midfield position.

FF: Will everyone at the club be here after the summer for life in League 2?
J.A: Unfortuanatly not, I wish to remove te deadwood from this club and if neccesary sell players to balance the books as we are currently in 5,000,000euros worth of debt in the club. If people arent willing to take paycuts they will be transferred.

FF: Word on th eplayground is that your former club Real Santander are interested in signing you as their manager following the recent sacking of their coach, whtat are your views?
J.A: I will review any offer put infront of me but hopefully the Supersaints will offer me a more lucrative deal to remain here as this is where my heart lies however women's lifestyles can be expensive, isn't that right Vanessa?(Vanessa is Aragonas's interpreter) However this reporter is stumped due to the interview carried out in perfect english....:S

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Breaking news from the FA Headquarters has just been announced, Javier Aragonas the Saint Patricks Athletic Spanish Manager has just been appointed England Manager. The Spaniard was appointed top man of the ranked 6th country this morning. Aragonas shot to fame in his playing days as the "Spanish Roy Keane" and as St Pats Manager.
A spokesman for the FA stated that with the work Javier was doing achieving two promotions in a row, he was on the shortlist of names for the job when Fabio Capello retired.
Capello, it was revealed, pushed for Aragonas to be approached knowing he would not be able to resist.
AwayKit2010Badge.jpg

Aragonas while not available for comment, his Assistant Manager Jose Bakero revealed that Javier has already contacted John Terry to appoint him England Captain with immedate effect. While Terry has been involved with certain scandal and an ex-teammates partner it is believed that Aragonas is a huge admirer of JT.
JohnTerry.ashx
WayneRooney.ashx

Wayne Rooney will be vice captain from today also. Bakero also stated that Aragonas's door was open to anyone who pulled up their socks and worked hard enough, be it while playing in England and abroad.

RED ARMY STRIKE AGAIN

For an unbelievable third year in a row Saint Patricks Athletic have been crowned champions again, this time of League 2!! This achievement has etched Javier Aragonas further into the history books. The ex Real Santander midfielder has obtained his third legue title at the first time of asking.

Aragonas has a big task on his hands as he sets about revitilising his squad to prepare for the challenge of League 1. He has hit the headlines before with the signings of Louis Saha and Maruk Jankolovski to name but a few..

The Red Army faithful are in heaven with this win and their shouts of triumph could be heard late into the night last night.