roberdooo

Reaction score
THE SAINTS MARCHING TO WORLD DOMINATION
View attachment 362639

MAURICIO POCHETTINO RESIGNS
by Tom Marshall-bailey
Reports from the saint Mary's stadium this morning suggest that coach Mauricio Pochettino has left Southampton barely months after he led them to an impressive 6th place finish in his first season. A press conference will be held at the ground today to shed some light on these developments.

View attachment 362641

THE PRESS CONFERENCE
Nicola Cortese: Good day gentlemen. The purpose of this meeting today is to inform you of the events which have taken place today.

Greg Stolobart: Are reports that Mauricio Pochettini has cut his ties with the club true?

Nicola Cortese: Yes, his resignation letter was sent in this morning.

Matt Hill: Why has this happened given the excellent season you had last year?

Nicola Cortese: Em, he explained that he had failed to adapt to the area and was seeking a move to new pastures.

John Humphrey: Who have the club lined up as a possible replacement?

Nicola Cortese: We have some candidates and hope to make an announcement within the next few days. We will only appoint someone who will consolidate on the progress we have made. Thank you gentlemen have a good day.

NOTE: This story begins from 2013/2014 so the credits of the my first season which I am not writing about go to pochettini.

Last edited:
View attachment 362642
AIKAY ROBERTO APPOINTED MANAGER OF SOUTHAMPTON
Legendary Brazilian-English player Aikay Roberto has been appointed manager of southampton. The former Manchester United, Juventus, and Real Madrid central midfielder amassed four thy-eight caps for England scoring sixteen goals. A press conference has been arranged to introduce him to the public later today.
View attachment 362645
THE INTRODUCTION
Aikay: Good-afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I'm Aikay Roberto as many of you should already know. Feel free to ask whatever questions that are on your mind.
Chris Parker: Good day, I'm Chris Parker from goal.com. What do you plan to do with this club as you've been given this task?
Aikay: I'm looking to basically continue and build the good work established by my predecessor over the past season. I see the potential in this club to emulate great teams like the ajax's of before and the Barcelona's of our current time.
Greg Stolobart: What is your preferred style of play?
Aikay: I don't give a **** who we're playing be it Manchester city, Chelsea or a team made up of ******* martians i'm send my boys out to play beautiful attacking football.
Paul Henshaw: What is your transfer policy?
Aikay: I'm generally looking to develop young players and in players like Shaw, Wardy, and Schneiderlin I have a good core for the next decade! That will be all the questions I can take for now.

Last edited:
I didn't intend to do a story on this save initially but had a change of mind, so I gave the plaudits of my first season to a certain Mr. Pochettino.

That's all for today. Will be back with transfers, pre-season and august tommorow

View attachment 362788
As I stepped into my office, I thought to myself "Wow, so this was the big time." After retirement life had gotten so boring and I just played football manager all day but now **** just got real. I was excited to start the new job but still had a lingering fear of failure. Opening my inbox saw a message from my assistant;
TO: Aikay Roberto
Subject: Squad Players
Good-day sir I am your assistant, Jesus Perez. Below is a squad list of players currently at the club;
Well, this looked good but it was time to see the players in training and access them by myself...
View attachment 362801
As I sat on the bench seats watching my players train I could see my team shaping up and noted down positions where reinforcements would be needed. I saw some exceptional talents I noted their names because they would be key in my style of play;
MORGAN SCHNEIDERLIN

View attachment 362802
He looked like he was bursting with energy and drive. This is exactly the type of dynamic presence I required in my midfield to run the show.
THOMAS INCE
View attachment 362805
With bags of trickery and creativity, he will be a good source of goals and assists from the wide positions.
JAY RODRIGUEZ
View attachment 362806
Every team needs that player who just simply puts the ball in the back of the net and in Jay I think I've got my man.
GASTON RAMIREZ
View attachment 362808
The best player in the squad in my opinion. Will be crucial to our chances. Simply put even a world record bid wouldn't convince me to let him go.

After a while, I called the boys together and Introduced myself. I informed them that I wanted a 100% effort from each of them and anyone who gave less would be shipped out immediately. Then I gave them a brief introduction to the style of play I would like to see from them during the course of our season;
View attachment 362810
View attachment 362811
That was enough for one day. Time to go home to the wife and prepare to jet out tomorrow for our pre-season friendlies.

Where did all the new Saints players come from? You didn't say in story who you had signed. Seems to be rather a lot of new comers..... :)

Where did all the new Saints players come from? You didn't say in story who you had signed. Seems to be rather a lot of new comers..... :)
Like I noted in one of my comments, this story starts from my second season in charge so i simply let pochettini take the credit for my first season.

After some thorough analyzing I finally decided to let the following players leave the club either permanently or on loan to gain some much needed game time;
View attachment 362814
View attachment 362815
In that regard, the club recruited some excellent youngsters over the course of the previous season and I view these as the best of the bunch;
View attachment 362821
View attachment 362823
View attachment 362825
View attachment 362826
View attachment 362827
IN-COMINGS
I had inherited a pretty good set of players but I felt the need to improve in some areas. So, out came the cheque book;
To win titles you need a water-tight defense and I have every faith in this man to help me achieve that.
TOM GRANGER
View attachment 362833
What a great prospect, at £3.7 million I consider this a steal. He will slot straight into my first team and I can't wait to see him fulfill his huge potential.

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

KAISERSLAUTERN 1 VS SOUTHAMPTON 1
Adam Lallana(65)
Bore draw really with us dominating possession but not doing much with it. Dominique Heintz put them ahead on 34 minutes with a cheeky lob but Adam Lallana put us back in the game in 65th minute and that was pretty much it.
Man of the Match: Dominique Heintz

BOLTON 2 VS SOUTHAMPTON 1
Adam Bodgan (O.G 67)
View attachment 362836

Simply put, they wanted the win more and took their chances with Mark Davies putting them ahead on the brink of half time, Bodgan then scored an own goal which leveled things up but Kevin Davies popped up at the closing stages with an easy tap-in to give them their deserved victory.
Man of the Match: Kevin Davies
JUVENTUS 1 VS SOUTHAMPTON 0

View attachment 362843
We were simply run over by a much better Juve side and are lucky the score line is as modest as it is. Martin cacares scored a thumping pile-driver on 44 minutes to secure the goods.
Man of the Match: Martin Cacares

Not the most promising pre-season and I can only hope that things will improve when the season finally kicks-off.

AUGUST
View attachment 362861
RESULTS
EUROPA LEAGUE 3RD QUALIFYING ROUND. LEG 1
SOUTHAMPTON 8 VS ZALGRIS 1
Craig Dawson (9, 53, 69), Will Hughes (26, 61), Morgan Schneiderlin (28), Jay Rodriguez(59)
View attachment 362871

Awesome performance from the boys here with Craig Dawson bagging himself a hat-trick and Will Hughes, Schneiderlin and Jay getting in on the act.
Man of the Match: Craig Dawson

John Levin: Hello, I'm John Levin with sky news. How does it feel after your first match in management.
Aikay Roberto: It's freaking awesome. Feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders.
John Levin: Fabulous performance from your team today.
Aikay Roberto: That was a truly amazing show from the boys and I'm proud of them. Winning any team by eight goals to one is an excellent victory even if it's Barca, Tahiti, or a ******* group of thirteen year olds.
John Levin: Do you think Zalgris still have a chance given their away goal?
Aikay Roberto: I have a question for you mister, are you mentally retarded?
John Levin: No!!!
Aikay Roberto: Then there is your answer. Good-day!

EUROPA LEAGUE 3RD QUALIFYING ROUND. LEG 2
ZALGRIS 1 VS SOUTHAMPTON 7
Craig Dawson (14), Adam Lallana (53), Gaston Ramirez (68), Ricky Lambert (71, 84, 90)
View attachment 362872
Another dominating performance from the boys. Hope these are not fluke results.
Man of the Match: Ricky Lambert
PREMIER LEAGUE
SOUTHAMPTON 2 VS WEST BROM 1
Tom Ince (54), Jay Rodriguez (62)
View attachment 362899
Loic Remy put albion a goal to the good just before the half time break. The Southampton boys however upped their game after the break. Tom Ince turned the game on its head cutting in from the right wing before releasing a thunderous shot which flew past Ben Foster. Minutes later Jay Rodriguez put the saints in the lead scoring with neat finish after some good work on the wing by Nathaniel Clyne.​
Man of the Match: Jonas Olsson

EUROPA LEAGUE PLAYOFFS- LEG 1
SOUTHAMPTON 3 VS KR 1
Ricky Lambert (4, 59), Aron Gislason (O.G 64)
View attachment 362904

Another dominant performance against a weaker team. Ricky Lambert delivering the goods in the 4th and 59th minutes.
Aron Gislason suffered the embarrassment of scoring an own goal on 64 minutes. Sadly we couldn't hang on to our clean sheet with Kjartan Finnbogason slotting one past Ruddy in the 82nd minute.
Man of the Match: Ricky Lambert

PREMIER LEAGUE
TOTENHAM 1 VS SOUTHAMPTON
James Tomkins (7), Zoumana Camara (66)
View attachment 362909
What a solid performance from the team today. Solid at the back and making good use of our set-pieces. Tomkins put us in with a strong header on 7 minutes. Camara doubled the lead on 66 after an excellent free-kick delivery from Gaston Ramirez. Bale pulled one back for them in the 70th minute to set up a nervy ending, but the defense held firm to claim a priceless victory.
Man of the Match: Gaston Ramirez

KR 0 VS SOUTHAMPTON 3
Will Hughes (10), Ricky Lambert (14), Zoumana Camara (22)
View attachment 362928
Effective performance here, finishing the game of in the first half and we progress to the group stages.
Man of the Match: Will Hughes

Excellent month, winning 6 out of a possible 6. There has been some very good attacking play with my two main strikers plundering 8 goals between themselves, also the defense has been average. This is an area we will have to work on given that some needless goals were conceded this month.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

NATHANIEL CLYNE
View attachment 362937
The young right-back has been consistently superb this month and if he can keep up his good work he'll be pushing for that England spot very soon.

August update up. Please feel free to comment on my progress and ways which the story can be improved. September update to follow in a bit.