AFCTelford

Reaction score
The Mighty Saints 2014/2015

SqEkR8P.png

Sunday 11th May 2014

Final game of the season to decide the title, away at Stamford Bridge and a disappointing overall season for Jose and his Chelsea team, finding themselves in 9th position. All depends on this final game and the only other contenders for the title, the Red Devils of Manchester. With Manchester City throwing away all chances of contending on the last day after losing four games in concession, it was all down to this. The Devils away for their final game too, the nerves throughout the country were starting to show. Who would be the champions? Last year's victors or a new breed of challengers? Let's wait and see...

TyGwokm.png

After coming from behind after 6 minutes, the true Saint, Ricky Lambert scores twice to take his tally to 27 for the season just behind Wilfried Bony on 29. Whilst down at the KC Stadium United hear news at half time that the score at Stamford is 1-1. They believe they can pinch the win from Hull and the Premier League from the noses of Southampton. Then the unthinkable happens, they can't get their shots in the back of the net. After a full 90 minutes of trying to break down the opposition it goes into injury time when out of nowhere Brady pinches a header from a corner right on the last minute of injury time. All the United players are stunned, distraught and devastated. Whilst over at London, a truly collective performance from the whole team is put together to turn over Jose's team and win league on the final day, history has been made.

My first season tired out to be a dream come true. Southampton appointed me as Manager at the start of the 2013/2014 season and my pretty realistic target was to get into the top half of the table, which I rather fancied. What I can tell you is that I did not expect to be challenging for the title towards the back end of the season and then going on to win it in the last game of the season.

I should also mention I won the Capital One Cup too. WOOHOO.

Transfers

A few signings were made throughout the season, but mainly focused on the current team I was given, which in fact are a bunch of great talents and are pretty much all English! Here is a list of transfers in that were made during the season of 2013/2014.

fqkBQob.png

Timo Horn - After sending a scout to Germany upon arrival, I found this guy. With great potential and he had good enough stats to bring straight into the first team and make an impact. Brought in to replace the aging Boruc. Conceding 19 in 17 games, not a bad record.

James Wilson - United put a message out that he was available for loan, upon scouting him I saw so good qualities that he could build on. And to be honest, he made a good start on his loan scoring two goals in the five games I played him in, mainly as a substitute. And the problem is, Lambert was doing so well I felt I couldn't disrupt his form and so I slowly forgot about this guy! But I'm sure he could progress to do very well!

Will Hughes - I don't really need to say much about this kid. Everybody I'm sure knows about his talents. A great buy for my ever growing English team, he has come into the squad and made a huge impact. In 14 games scored 3, assisted 4 and got POM twice! Definitely a purchase to build my squad around.

Now to the new season!

gQEA8XR.png

9th June 2014

It is now the official start to the Premier League transfer window and to kick it off the Saints fans have something to get excited about! A deal snapped up in the January window, set ready and poised to be finalised for the start of the summer transfer window. I now welcome "Nathan" from Athletico Paranaese for 9 million!

GXJWcZY.png

I will be looking at selling a few plays this season, Font is one of those. I don't think he can compete in the champions league ability wise and so I will look for two new CB's one as rotation and to give competition between them. I also think it would be good to part with Schneiderlin as I feel I have a few players that I can play in this position and I can get a fairly good price for him.

SHOCKING NEWS. James Ward-Prowse has been bought by Manchester City! When I gave him a new contract I put a minimum release clause for 23 million, thinking he wouldn't attract that much attention to be worth that after one season, looks like I was wrong. They snapped him up for 23.5 million. So I now have 65.66 million to play around with. City are also sniffing around Lallana, who has a clause for million. We shall pray he doesn't get snapped up too.

VK4CVxr.png

I shall keep you guys updated thanks for reading so far! Comments are more than welcome!

Very nice start, look like it will be a good read, any advice on what role to play Gallagher and Lambert, I play one up front and use Gallagher as a Target Man and not too sure on how to use Lambert, strikers aren't having much impact atm

Thanks man, hoping to get an update today/early tomorrow! Thanks for the first comment! I played Lambert as a DLF at first then as a TM. Gallagher the same.

I sold Lambert for 2m went 15 games 0 goals or assists. Gallagher hasn't got much yet but Rescaldani has done well after taking time to settle down. Rodrigo Gomez will be joining me in a couple of days take a look at him not sure if he's your cup of tea but has got potential, after mid season, we're sitting 9th after a poor start now won 5 in a row. Don't think I'm going to replicate your form on my save this season

Finished 8th
Nemanja Vidic will be joining on a free transfer
Albin Ekdel also on a free transfer
Jordan Rhodes for 6m
Thomas Ince as well another free.
Not looking to do anymore business