TheEquinox

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I started a LLM game a while back with Dynamo Dresden in the german 3rd league. In first season I managed to finish 2nd and get promoted but that came at the cost of quite some debt. The club started out with -6M and 900k / month payments. After promotion it was changed into a 6,5M debt with 50k / month payments for 180 months, so at least the weeky balance is not that enormously negative any more in season 2.

Now the questions :

1) As it seems like I will stay in league 2 (currently 14th with 14 points clear of relegation and 6 games left to go), I assume I will get around 3000 - 4000k league position money. Is there any way I can have that endless debt contract paid off in advance ?

2) If I try to sign players whose contracts are about to expire, sometimes I manage to find top tier players who are generally willing to sign at my club. The problem is they would want about 20k / week in salary. Now even if I have 20k left in my wage budget, the game won't let me offer them more than 7,5k / week if I set them to key players...
Anything I'm doing wrong here ? How can I increase these caps ?

Thx...

edit : sorry for poor english

It's simply how the game is - if you try to sign players the board knows, the wage cap for the player will be increased, e.g. signing a Portuguese player for a Portuguese club will result in a higher wage cap compared to an unknown Brazilian. As for the debts, I'm presuming if you make a profit, a lot of it will go into paying off the debt. I've got a similar problem with Boavista.

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't seem to be that way in my game. For example I tried to sign Wetklo, a first tier german goal keeper who should be "well known" according to your definition and the cap was 7,5k while he demanded 25k. I even convinced Klose who was thinking about ending his career to get into talks with me, cap was 7,5k while he demanded 80k

So the cap seems to be static....

I only wonder if there is anything I can do to increase that cap. Getting the wage budget increase doesn't change the cap for player contracts... I even tried talking to the board about a certain player (the button shows up if the wage demands exceed the cap) but they always say that player is unrealistic blah bleh...

No idea how to get some finished quality players to make the next step...

Believe me a cap is a really good thing in the longer run. Where as you might want (and be able to afford them) these bigger names you would only be able to sign 1 of them and if they have a yearly 15-20% wage rise it would get out of control.

My advice is sign free young players mold them, then sell them on for big profits. Dont rush to get straight out of the 2nd division you wont be ready for it.
Its better to have a good team than an average team with 1 quality player.

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't seem to be that way in my game. For example I tried to sign Wetklo, a first tier german goal keeper who should be "well known" according to your definition and the cap was 7,5k while he demanded 25k. I even convinced Klose who was thinking about ending his career to get into talks with me, cap was 7,5k while he demanded 80k

I only wonder if there is anything I can do to increase that cap. Getting the wage budget increase doesn't change the cap for player contracts... I even tried talking to the board about a certain player (the button shows up if the wage demands exceed the cap) but they always say that player is unrealistic blah bleh...

Well, they were German, so it's probably your highest; if you try offering some Uruguayan nobody the same role, you'll probably not be able to offer as much. There isn't anything you can do to increase the cap, aside from getting a larger wage budget. I just managed to sell a player I signed on a free and never used for 475k£, but only saw 20k£ of the transfer fee, but it should have gone to service the debt, so you could maybe try signing half-decent youngsters on frees.

Well my approach would have been to have 3-4 key players in the most important roles (goalkeeper, def. playmaker, adv. playmaker, striker) and build up regens from my own youth on the other positions. I'm doing that now, but players for 7.5k in wage are barely much better than my 2 season old regens, so it doesn't really improve my performances much...

Scouse is right work on youth, the only real way to get more wage budget is to either release player (this cost money) or try to get them to sign new contracts for less wage. I found that if i gave a good interview on my joining my club I got a slightly better max wage (havant & Waterlooville) this at around £500, but with a few signings i was able to offer £600 (mahoto, T. Mooney). I think it may be down to your previous experience level too.

when a transfer takes place (lets say 1mill) you get:1mill, then take off the players signing on fee, then take off the agent fee, then take of any monies owed to other parties (such as 10% to diff club etc). and then take a little off for the chairmans pockets, you find you don't get much from the one mill - approx 600k, there is a bit that goes towards the debt, but most of the debt is cleared by cup runs / league pos at end of season.

hope this helped, feel free to correct me if i wrong anywere :)

Last edited:
Hey a Scouser thats right!!

I didnt think that loans got paid off earlier, unless a new board takes over and wipes them out, you just see the loan out.

Good point you bring up here, and not a lot of people look closely at this aspect of the game. The board, apart from setting you transfer and wage budgets, also set's you wage caps for different roles of players. This way they ensure that you don't go and spend your entire money on one or two players even though your wage and transfer budgets might approve of it.

Eg. You have a transfer budget of 10 Million and a wage budget of 500k. The board will let you buy a former star player for 10 Million, but they won't let you pay him 350k in wages a week. Instead your structure will be something like this.

Key -40k
First Team - 25k
Rotation- 15k
Backup -10k

I looked at a few of my saves and came up with these figures. What it looks like is that the wage is divided in 4 nearly equal parts, each part for one category i.e Key Player, First team, Rotation and Backup. Everyboard, even in real life, doesnt want more than 3 -4 key players that thier squad depnds on , about 4-6 first team players and about 8 players on squad rotation and about 10-15 players as backups. Now that figure is divided amongst the budget, eg. (( Wage Budget) * (1/4 Allocations for Key Players )) / Expected No of Key players . In the above case, 500,000 * 1/4 =125,000 / 3 = 41.66k ( So roughly 40k )

I guess this ratio can also change with the respective board, but I wouldnt know because all of my saves are with the same club.

I did some further research and crunched some more numbers. It looks like the club only wants you to have 2 key players as against what I initially suggested as three. Let me explain the process and results.

I currently spend about 50k a week on wages but have a huge wage budget of 500k ish. So I took down the wage budget and the maximum allowed salary in each category (This is avaibale on Finances- Salary). Each time I went to the wage budget / transfer budget editor and reduced my wage and captured the values of the wage and maximum available salary.

View attachment 165073

What I found out what that Wage Budget / 8 = Max wage of Key Players and that value changes to 11 for First Team, 16 for Rotation and 22 for back up. It went a little different during my last wage reduction, but when I asked the board to increase my wage limit, it went up again ( Highlited in red)

This really makes sense and is extremely realistic. Can any of you verify this data with your own games and post the results on here?

Last edited: