Reaction score
The beginning

Starting with Salford City there was high expectations from the owners of class of 92. The expectations were that a 5 year plan was to be challenging to get into the Premier league.

I was given a small transfer budget and mostly had to rely on wage budget. There were players that were on high wages without justifying their talent. Revamping the entire backroom staff and setting up the tactics.

The style of play we were going for was the genpress. Having only signed 2 players on loan from Blackburn and Fulham. One player Ben Brereton turned out to be a diamond.

Starting the season going 23 league games unbeaten before losing 1-0 to Oldham away. Then going on a 6 game unbeaten run before losing again to Oldham at home 1-0!

The second part of the season was where we dropped the most points although we only lost 5 games all season. Drawing 16 and winning 25 games.

I ended up finishing 2nd place to Forest Green rovers on goal difference by 5 goals. Our total points were 91.

LEAGUE 1 SEASON 20/21

Setting expectations at the start of the season were to attempt to finish in the playoffs. These were set by the owners. I was given no money whatsoever and a slightly higher wage budget.

TRANSFER WINDOW

During this transfer window 20 players left the club raising around 300k. Although the owners reduced my transfer revenue to 20% I was still left with very little. But releasing the 20 players helped me allow more space for better players.

I signed 9 players. 4 players on loan and 5 on a permanent (free transfer). The free transfers were George Tanner (Manutd), Borthwick-Jackson (Manutd), Luke Mcgee (Portsmouth), Jack Baldwin (Sunderland), Sam Hughes (Leicester City).

The loans were Elliott Watt (Wolves), Nathan Broadhead (Everton), Dion McGhee (Manutd) and Jack Roles (Tottenham).

The squad was shaping up well and after beating Manutd in the annual pre season friendly courtesy of the class of 92 the team looked very good.

SEASON

The start of the season went well going 9 games unbeaten before going through a horrible patch from 15th September to 24th of November only winning 3 league games in 11 and losing 5 of them. This dropped me out of the playoffs and the owners begun to ask questions.

I was invited into a meeting with the owners as I'd lost a couple of games through last minute goals or being 3-2 up and losing 4-3. I was confident i was still getting the playoff spot and stood my ground.

After a couple games I was again questioned. I then was invited into another meeting which I responded by saying something like 'let me do my job bla bla bla' and they backed off.

After this horrible run I recovered very well. Going unbeaten 10 games and then a further 6 games. I was solidly in the playoff spot at this point and 6 points behind automatic promotion.

The last game of the season I sat just outside the automatic playoff spot by 2 points in 4th place. I had to rely on Lincoln City who were 3rd to draw or lose and Wycombe who were 2nd to lose to make the automatic playoff spot.

The last game was against Burton who sat 20th 1 place above relegation and in need of worse results below them to stay up.

The game was a roll over an easy 2-0 win and having kept eyes on other results I was amazed to find that Wycombe had lost and Lincoln had lost too putting me in 2nd place and being promoted to The championship!

I finished on 82 points winning 23 games, drawing 13 and losing 10.

The season then ended and the new transfer window opened.

Update tomorrow on signings and how the first season in the championship goes!

Please leave comments below :)