• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 12K

webby1999

Reaction score
Salford City save
View attachment 122182
Hello I'm back,
You may have read my short Norwich save in fm16 but this time I'm back to do a llm save with Salford City.

My aims for this save.
Get promoted to the premier league with Salford City.
Win the premier league with Salford City.
Win the champions league with Salford City.
Win 6 competitions in one season with Salford City.

Any questions please ask

Next update the manager profile.

Manager profile

Manager profile
Meet webby
View attachment 122172
I would like to say he looks happy to be here but im not quite sure he is/

View attachment 122171
My attributes are amazing! Just kidding but its what I expected as I'm a Sunday league footballer and have no coaching badges.
View attachment 122170
As you can see my reputation is great 0.5 stars. I'm Sure it will grow over time.
View attachment 122169
Press artcle confirming i have been appointed and already the media want me to make my mark. :)
View attachment 122168
Fans reaction to the news Shaquille hates me already that didn't take long.

View attachment 122167

A nice budget for the season considering were in Vanarama National League North I'm not sure how I'm going to spend it. It might be I transfer the transfer budget over to wages.

View attachment 122166
Aims for the season, Not easy but I think we can achieve them. Top half finish might be tough considering were a newly promoted club but i will give it my all.

So an overall view of the club next update the squad

Meet the squad

Meet the Squad
In this post im going to run you through the squad.

Goalkeepers
View attachment 122153

As you can see from the post there is only two goalkeepers currently at the club and with Craig Dootson being 37 I may look for a backup goal keeper to Jay Lynch. Jay Lynch is going to be my first because of the potential he has.

Defenders
View attachment 122152
We have got alot of depth at the center back spot however there is not a lot of depth at the full back positions so I will need to sign some full backs in the summer.

Midfielders
View attachment 122149
Alot of depth on the right wing however the center mid and left wing is a bit bare so may need a few transfers in may also need to move on some of the right wingers as I'm not going to be able please all of them. Quick note alot of the wingers are also attackers so i will use some of them in attack.

Attacker
View attachment 122148
Only one out and out attacker but alot of people can play in attack so I am not worried.

Next update the transfer window and first games.​

Will follow mate. I contemplated Salford and FC Utd, went with FC.

Transfers Summer Season 1

Transfers in
So i have completed my first set of transfers however I can sign free transfers at any time so there may be a few more players come in before two long.

View attachment 122086
Noone has left the club but with 7 transfers signed its been a busy window.

Matt Bevans
View attachment 122080
The first signing of the safe and he not great but he dose the job as a right back not sure how long hes going to be playing as are first choice as SPOILER!! there is another right back coming in this window.

Jake Brimmer
View attachment 122077
A loan signing from Liverpool, who is also are first signing of a player with a nationality outside of Europe. Jake has got good work rate and decisions and that is why he has played in every game this season so far.

Nathan Slater
View attachment 122072
A youngster that has okay current ability and good potential could possible be a long term player of ours. He is currently a rotational player but I'm sure he will become first team player soon.

Tom Bradley

View attachment 122071
I know i said Jay Lynch was my first choice goal keeper but Tom Bradley was to good to turn down a great goalkeeper with outstanding potential lets hope he dosnot concede many goal for us.
Simon Lenighan
View attachment 122067
A cracking midfielder in from Warrington on a free and I think he is a great backup player especially with 15 strength.

Adam Pepper
View attachment 122079

For non league level Pepper look good he has 13 passing and 12 finishing so he might score a few of goals for us form the center midfield potion. Hes played 4 times already (More on that later)

Ismsel Diallo
View attachment 122056
Last but not least, another right back with a lot of room for improvement but I'm sure he will become a great non league player.

Next post the first 7 games

Last edited:
Salford City save
View attachment 1084304
Hello I'm back,
You may have read my short Norwich save in fm16 but this time I'm back to do a llm save with Salford City.

My aims for this save.
Get promoted to the premier league with Salford City.
Win the premier league with Salford City.

How do u attach a picture that you can't click on? And make it so big?
Win the champions league with Salford City.
Win 6 competitions in one season with Salford City.

Any questions please ask

Next update the manager profile.

salford city- Tatics

Salford City- Tactics

Okay I lied in my last post but i promise the next post will be my first 7 games

This post is my tactics and I'm going to say they have slightly changed over the first seven games.

View attachment 121865View attachment 121864
So a 442 essentially I'm playing a defensive full back because my left back fits better there and I feel like the rest of the team is quite attacking so I might need some defensive cover. BTW in the beta I was doing a arsenal save and played a 4231 and it worked really well but I wanted to try and change it for this save.

View attachment 121863
The instructions are quite simple I want the players to get stuck in because non league is a physical game also I used more direct pasing as It should lead to more goals. Im on counter as I wanted to try and hit teams on the break but during the games I often go control or attacking. Im on Flexible mentality because I want to make sure people stick to there postion but sometimes run freely.

So I promise next update will be the first 7 matches.​

Preseason and first 7 games

Preseason

Normally I don't play preseason but as we are at a new club and we are are non league I wanted to try and get everybody's match fitness up.

View attachment 121862
During preseason I feel like we played a good range of games and am overall happy with preseason especially the 2-2 draw against Manchester united under23's Including Ashley Young and Bastian Schweinsteiger. Granted we scored both goals late on but still impressive right? I feel we were unlucky in the Leicester City game but it wasnt our full strength squad so I'm not that disappointed I would have liked to have only conceded 5 goals tho! The Matlock Town game was a big disappointment with us losing to a lower league side but overall it was a good preseason and it # did boast players match fitness.

My first competitive game in management!

My first competitive game in management at Moor Lane against Gloucester City!

View attachment 121857

I had many questions in my head leading up to this game.
Would Salford win?
Would Salford score first?
Would the fans be happy?
Would the new signings settle in well?

The line ups

View attachment 121856
Salford in the mighty red, Gloucester in the yellow and black

Kick off

View attachment 121849
And the game got of to a great start! NOT within two minutes we were already losing!

But could we respond?

On the 32nd minute and shooting from a tight angle "I mean Tight angle"Poole scored 1-1 and back in the game.

View attachment 121841
So were back in the game but for how long? Could we hold it out till half time?

HALF TIME

With no further action in the first half it was 1-1 at the break an I was quite happy considering it was my first competitive game with the club which was promoted last season but would I be happy at the end of the game?

79th Minute

View attachment 121840

So either Poole or Hopper will scored! Did salford seal a late victory? or did all are hard work go to pot?

View attachment 121837

Hughes scored of a counter attack meaning Salford looked set to lose there first match of the season!

Full time

View attachment 121836

And that was how it ended A lose in my first game in charge but overall we played well with Salford having more shots and more possession in the match we were unlucky to lose in my opinion.

View attachment 121834

So Salford man of the match is James Poole and to be fair he was great in the game. The overall man of the match was Luke Hopper and he was an exceptional player.

2nd Game Stalybridge Celtic (Away)
So are first competitive away game and It was quite the game for neutrals!

Line ups

View attachment 121829

In this game we had two sending offs

View attachment 121833

Two games in we have had Two red cards. Already at this point I was considering changing The "get stuck in" instruction.

But did we win?

View attachment 121832

Well we went ahead with nine men but unsurprisingly we lost. I'm not disappointed with the team as a whole as after going down two nine men it was always going to be difficult to win. However I am disappointed with the two men who got sent of.

View attachment 121831

So man of the match was James Ball who came on from the bench after 45 minutes and still managed to score 3 goals amazing.

According to FM Salford man of the match is John Johnston and he did score a goal so I think that he was properbly are best player on the pitch.

3rd Game FC United of Manchester (Home)

So a local derby and what a derby it is, with the owners being ex Manchester United players this came was a must win. Especially in front of our home fans.

Line ups
View attachment 121827

View attachment 121826

So quite a close game but it doesn't matter how close it was it was still a lost. I am devastated after this result an was actually concerned for my job.
View attachment 121794

With no real stand out performers on our team the player of the match yet again came from the our opponents.

4th game Nuneaton Town (Away)
So after not picking up a point in our first 3 games we faced Nuneaton Town and sadly for us they were unbeaten in their last 3 games before us. I can see where this is going.

Line ups

View attachment 121825
So for this game I dropped my wingers down the field a bit two see if it would work.

View attachment 121824

And finally a good result! If I'm honest I thought this game was going to be a lose but in fact we even managed to go ahead through a penalty and although we then conceded two goals Poole hit home with his 2nd of the game to give us a point.

View attachment 121823

If I'm honest I don't understand How Poole didn't win man of the match he had a cracking game but sadly for the FOURTH game in a row we didn't get man of the match.

5th game AFC Fylde (Away)

So another hard team to face. They finished 3rd in the league last year but could we manage to sneak a win?

Line ups

View attachment 121818

So after the good result with a tactic last time out I decided to use the same tactic as last time.

View attachment 121817

A LOT of yellow cards!! So we lost but it was narrow so I'm not that disappointed.

View attachment 121815

Nobody played exceptionally for us but Harry Worley was our best player and the man of the match was David Mellor and he can play center mid and left back for Fylde

6th game Gainsborough Trinity (Home)
So its a must win game we haven't won a game all season could we win today?

Line ups

View attachment 121812

I revert back to the wingers being a bit higher but did it work?

View attachment 121811

A goalless draw great! and we missed a penalty but I'm not blaming Poole becasue he has scored most of our goals so far so its time for someone else to step up and score some goals. Anyone out there listening to me?

View attachment 121808

Right I've got know problem with giving the man of the match to a keeper but when he makes one save all day dose he really deserve it and evan the shot was straight at him!

7th Game Curzon Ashton (Away)

A must win with Curzon Ashton not winning any of their games this season either it really was a must win game.

View attachment 121806

They played 7 defensive minded players so I thought they would be hard to break down.

View attachment 121804

A win and it was a bit closer than I would like but I'm not really in a position two complain we have finally won a game. 3 goals within 20 minutes for us but sadly we couldn't hold the 3 goal lead.

View attachment 121803

Eventhough James Poole scored Twice he was yet again piped to the post of man of the match Adam Morgan and he looks like a really good player I might try and sign him.

Review

View attachment 121801
View attachment 121800

Not a great start but it looks like the results are starting to go our way and hopefully we climb up the league table.

If there is any way I can improve please let me know. (Sorry for any spelling mistakes)​

Last edited:
September 1st- 16th matches
Alfreton Town (home)
Line ups

Alfreton was playing a 4-5-1 formation and we went for are regular 442 lets hope we can build on our win last time out
View attachment 121576

View attachment 121574

So a 3-0 win a which is great becasue we kept a clean sheet and scored 3 goals. I feel like we have started to get our form back on track after this game.

View attachment 121573

For the first time this season we have been granted with a player in our team getting man of the match Johnston was incredable in this match but yet again shout out two James Poole becasue he continues to perform every week

FC Halifax Town (Home)
Line ups

View attachment 121570

A 442 formation for the visitors and we also went with are usual formation. We made Two changes to the team bringing in are back up goal keeper becasue he was complaining about not playing any games.

View attachment 121569

So two late goals cost us the game in which we had more chances and more possession but sadly couldn't find the back of the net. I can't help but feel that I should have Played Poole upfront rather than playing him on the wing.

View attachment 121568

Everybody had averages games for us with no stand out and the man of the match was Stephan Crainey for Halifax.

Kidderminster Harriers (Away)
Line ups

View attachment 121566

After the disapointing result last time out we went away to Kidderminster in a must win game. James poole returend two his familiar position but did he score?

View attachment 121565

Yes Poole got two goals in a 2-1 win. We went 2-0 up in the match but couldn't keep a clean sheet which is unfortunate.

View attachment 121564

Poole was motm with a great game. Honestly without Poole I don't think we would have got a point in the league this season Poole is carrying the team.

Chorley (Away)
Line ups
View attachment 121563
For the last game of this update we played chorley could we make it 3 wins from 4
View attachment 121562

So a 2-2 and it was properly correct as both teams had chances and neither team really stood out.

View attachment 121561

Review

A good few games and we are on the road to a recovery after a poor start.

Next update Fa cup game/s

gMlo_83JFdo4us5NIXfWXjTJEuEg36X4vPGffnAAW_O25sRbCSjkh35KbigMkQTyXywVWNj-UD4VZ6w2UZOkbvzy4OTT3sY6f4ATiD6vGq6rg9Iph-dlA7TnKwnoiC7CcaLYBF7W

A big game today, can we make it to the first propper round of the fa cup? We have 3 must win games to play before we get there.

Our opponents
9vMA5iVrFQMHh_63yTUS12_1ehKjr5GQLL__le8nzQ-ld8nsrSdQPkpukfMUzE7dLqJejcXfvmcEJNc8IC-ak4qonZ_ftaz69n1ewlnJ8tzsNb5HBlK5XQPjSWJgr0mVwyK7nhUG

Well they have all greyed out players and we are in a higher league what could go wrong?

Line Ups
Gs2kV52mvqbMOkVJ7uU0qfN1Dw3540diIY8UR802mAjKij_tGi7CPAH4fRkQ5vBJNIvBctWj2hpPit9p2txJBxwe3Ld7Xr6DRkTvWaetKA7mePCbNMm1f3v8yywrU0X0Z3BWm_Qe

King has come into the team as I haven't decide who will be my striking partner for James Poole.

ODiQsr7BKyQNF_jD2RHKT8S-QczZB02OtG8E1MFk3ULYV8KLz0ORx-PV0iluQUVwSRVE5QPDg5q_2MKLYyspQpsF4VRWwXLNQ4UYLil7y-iu5m_D78SubjqkAe_iXSS10KxpdzJ0

So it with a narrow win and we played well and controlled most of the game especially as the other team had no shots on target!

MEVB7d2iTvJ_k_VUOqdd4tuiuDsFc2eBtY9ue0PJ0qtU77fBBjLztCEtnYSJj4sfcFblvadFXZpK25AWIHStbHrj6_lh-aA2gGf46Hj7N5mbBjowMy9_p6IeATLLT7Nd8ocwK5f3
Both full backs got an assist and to be fair the team played well on the whole. I feel like I should of gone attacking in the game instead of going counter as we could of won by more goals.

So a win in the FA cup But will we win the next game ?

P.s Could some off you give me some feedback do you like the long detailed matches or would you wish for less detail in my match updates?

I hope you will be able to continue that run of good games. Especially in the cup, good for the money. How are the new signings doing?

Brackley Town (home)
Line ups
View attachment 121056
View attachment 121055
View attachment 121054

so a disappointing loss in the league but i hope it will not be a bad lead to a bad set of results

Fa cup 3rd qualifying round Tamworth away

So a cup game a gainst Tamworth who are in my leaguebut could we get the win?

View attachment 121048
View attachment 121046
View attachment 121045

Im devistated sadly are cup run is over but we have less competitions to focus.

Stockport County Away

View attachment 121041
View attachment 121040
View attachment 121039
So another loss and I'm thinking of changing tactics. I need to be wining more games

Next update Squad report​

Jordan Murphy

Hi mate I'm also Salford, if you need a striker have a look at Jordan Murphy from Worcester. He's only 20 and absolutely prolific for me. I play him as a centre forward- even though he doesn't have a great report for the role he's got an average rating of 8.9

Hi mate I'm also Salford, if you need a striker have a look at Jordan Murphy from Worcester. He's only 20 and absolutely prolific for me. I play him as a centre forward- even though he doesn't have a great report for the role he's got an average rating of 8.9

Thanks mate :) Also next update should be out in next few days sorry for the delay

Two Must Win Games
With a bad run of form we came across two games I really wanted to win to get form back of track.

We bring in a striker who I had on trial to see whether we could turn it around
View attachment 119291

Salford v Boston Utd(Home)

So coming into this game I need a win however,
View attachment 119282
View attachment 119281
View attachment 119280
So a 1- nil loss which is close but still a loss I really need help :( Please give me some advice what am I doing wrong

Salford v Tamworth (home)
Another home game and here we go again can we get a win and end our bad run all will it be 5 games without scoring a goal

View attachment 119276
View attachment 119275
View attachment 119274

So it is five games without a goal and a five game loss streak but I suppose things can only get better! Right?​

Back