Salford City - Going for gold

• Thread starter Thread starter webby1999
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 12K
A board meeting

After a bad performance last time out we were called into the boardroom and this only means one thing OUR JOB IS ON THE LINE!
View attachment 118782

There was part of me that wanted to refuse to attend but I knew that would only end badly.

View attachment 118781

So after going into the boardroom it was straight down to business. Asking why did my team perform like they did and honestly i wasnt sure how to answer but after some time I decide this one.

View attachment 118780

But would the chairmen be happy with that answer?

View attachment 118779
Clearly not! Now what should i answer?

I chose the top one as my current form had been terrible and The bottom answer would of blown any chance I had of keeping my job. But would Karen Baird be happy with my reply?
View attachment 118778
Well one game to safe my job!!

Coming up next "The last game?!?"

One chance to save my job!

So one game to save my job but could I do it?

Our opponents

So 7th v 20th looking promising right?

The line ups
View attachment 118777
So we play nearly our strongest team possible but will it be enough to win the match?

Half time
Well this has gone well ?
View attachment 118775

Well im probperly saying goodbye to my job I went on to attacking after the first goal and that didn't quite work.
Maybe I can change it around? Who am i kidding?

Full time
So before I show you the result I brought on another striker at half time just to let you now.

View attachment 118773
At least I went out with a bang right ? and we scored 3 goals but conceded 7.

So I should of lost my job but I haven't continued yet so have I lost my job?

Well my first save of fm17 was successful!

If you've got any ideas for my next save let me know :)

See you soon​

This was hilarious to read. No offence. Although like most of the lower leagues, it tends to be a bit of a lottery and a few key first team signings can be the difference between a promotion challenge and a relegation battle.

I'll be starting a save with Salford next week and have the same intentions as yourself. However I have achieved the same feat with Bath City and Whitehawk in FM14 and FM15.

I'm considering starting a thread tracking my progress, however maybe just an introduction and then season by season highlights thereafter.

What do you think?

Back