BertyBowdo

Reaction score
Well I would just like to express my feelings about my last save. I started with Salisbury City in the Blue square south in 2012 and finally felt my time has been done in January 2039. I have not played a football manager game where I have completed so much time. Even though I got to the premier league I just couldn't get higher than 7th. It was a struggle every season, yet I couldn't stop playing. I got my self a new 16,000 seater stadium, something Ive never had the pleasure of, and my final season in January, well it just feels right. I cant seem to improve the team, and have got real issues beating any of the top four teams in all my premier league seasons so have to settle for an average team. I have really enjoyed my time with Salisbury and to see me earning millions of pounds of profit for the chairman always brought me a smile. I feel a little bit ashamed that Im going to resign from my post but they wont sack me. My reputation has slowly declined over the years also so the top 4 wont be asking me to take over any time soon. I think I will retire into the country life and ponder my next move......

To summarise this has been my favourite save in all my football manager years every part of my day seemed to be thinking of this game!! My family may get me back in their lives again....back to reality for me. Have really enjoyed the challenge to get to the prem and my favourite memories were the fights for promotion leading up.

Love reading all the threads keep up the good work!

Rob.

Well I would just like to express my feelings about my last save. I started with Salisbury City in the Blue square south in 2012 and finally felt my time has been done in January 2039. I have not played a football manager game where I have completed so much time. Even though I got to the premier league I just couldn't get higher than 7th. It was a struggle every season, yet I couldn't stop playing. I got my self a new 16,000 seater stadium, something Ive never had the pleasure of, and my final season in January, well it just feels right. I cant seem to improve the team, and have got real issues beating any of the top four teams in all my premier league seasons so have to settle for an average team. I have really enjoyed my time with Salisbury and to see me earning millions of pounds of profit for the chairman always brought me a smile. I feel a little bit ashamed that Im going to resign from my post but they wont sack me. My reputation has slowly declined over the years also so the top 4 wont be asking me to take over any time soon. I think I will retire into the country life and ponder my next move......

To summarise this has been my favourite save in all my football manager years every part of my day seemed to be thinking of this game!! My family may get me back in their lives again....back to reality for me. Have really enjoyed the challenge to get to the prem and my favourite memories were the fights for promotion leading up.

Love reading all the threads keep up the good work!

Rob.

post some screenies of your achievements

In all fairness by achievements were minimal over all the years!! I almost bimbled along and as you can see my 20 something years at the club my main acheivements were making the team a premiership team!! I really hoped for more but I didnt take it on to the "next level"!! I have a screen shot of the league history I had and will try and upload a few that I have!! Got to love footy manager!!

In all fairness by achievements were minimal over all the years!! I almost bimbled along and as you can see my 20 something years at the club my main acheivements were making the team a premiership team!! I really hoped for more but I didnt take it on to the "next level"!! I have a screen shot of the league history I had and will try and upload a few that I have!! Got to love footy manager!!

I would enjoy the challenge to carry on and see what I could do...shame your save game isn't loaded to this site. I think taking Salisbury to the premiership is amaze-balls

@BertyBowdo I done exactly the same mate. Started with Salisbury and couldn't finish higher than 7th. It was as if the game wouldn't allow Salisbury City to compete in Europe, so I also resigned in 2028. About 2 days after that the Man Utd manager retired and I got offered the post. I won the Champions League in my first season which saved me my job and then in the following season I won the Premier League, FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Club World Cup so decided to resign again as I'd won everything. Now I'm with Marseille in the French League.

But I echo what you say, it's been by far the most fun I've had on FM ever guiding a team from the bottom to the top, just a shame I couldn't get them in Europe and my only trophies were Blue Sq South and League 1.

@BertyBowdo I done exactly the same mate. Started with Salisbury and couldn't finish higher than 7th. It was as if the game wouldn't allow Salisbury City to compete in Europe, so I also resigned in 2028. About 2 days after that the Man Utd manager retired and I got offered the post. I won the Champions League in my first season which saved me my job and then in the following season I won the Premier League, FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Club World Cup so decided to resign again as I'd won everything. Now I'm with Marseille in the French League.

But I echo what you say, it's been by far the most fun I've had on FM ever guiding a team from the bottom to the top, just a shame I couldn't get them in Europe and my only trophies were Blue Sq South and League 1.

Can either of you upload your save game file? It would make an excellent challenge to achieve above 7th...

Can either of you upload your save game file? It would make an excellent challenge to achieve above 7th...

Yeah I can upload my save for you. How do I do it? Would you like me to retire my manager so you can add yourself? Also.. Salisbury got relegated after I left so they're are currently 5th in the Championship with 5 games to go. Would you like me to upload it now so you can try and get them promoted or would you like me to wait til the season is over?

Nah keep your manager I can do that. Just upload it to this website bud and await approval from the great moderators. There should be a guide on here on how to do it.

I managed to finish 7th and the epl got given an extra euro place so I got a few qualifying games. I somehow didn't make it through though ha-ha typical first season euro experience. Your experience seems the same as mine!! I only won the blue square south and blue square prem, the rest I just scraped through but the lower leagues I must say were my favourite times. I have just resigned in my game and feel slightly dirty for doing it!! I may just see if anyone asks me to take over! I may take a look at your game to see the similarities. I have left my Salisbury 17th in the premier league......

Rob.