cona33

Reaction score
Okay, i got promoted in the first season through the play-offs, and finished a respectable 3rd in the premier league in my second season. Now the problem is i cant seem to attract any higher profile players! Is there any players who are leading stars for my league that do not require such a high wage (800 p/w maximum), that are willing to come to an obvious unknown team?!

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
First thing you should do is try to raid whoever got relegated for their better playes, since not many would want to play in such a league. Then proceed to the free transfer pool. Plenty of players are released every season and those who are past their best are willing to go to crappy leagues where they can still do a job.

It's gonna be very hard for you to attract big names right now, but if you are succesful domestically and manage to become a regular european fixture you may attract some decent names in the future and you'll probably increase your league's reputation. In one of my longer saves, playing in Austria, 5 seasons in some pretty good players are already willing to join my club (Adebayor, Aquilani, among others).

Also, if you can get your hands on some good scouts, send them over to Africa as you can get good players for chips regens in Africa spawn on the 13th (or 15th, I'm not sure) of January and you can often find a few jewels there, which not only become good players but also have resale value. I'm not aware of league rules in Ireland, but if there are WP restriction or non-EU caps send scouts primarily to the Maghreb (Morocco/Tunisia/Algiers) as many regens over there have dual nationality (French) which will prove helpful.

Best of lucks!

yeah but its quite difficult to sign various players even on the bosman ruling as the irish season runs through most domestic seasons only starting in march and all the transfer windows make it tricky etc. i have looked at many EU nationals that are being released by bigger clubs and will let you know what the deal is!

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

also, is it worth downloading genie scout?

Dont you get an inv to a trailist day there you should find quality free players

yeah there isnt really enough quality in there to help progess of the EURO cup!!

I never downloaded any programs like Genie Scout or the like as I consider them cheating. They are, however, powerful tools and if you don't have such issues you can probably use them to great success.

Hmm maybe ill give it a miss if it as seen as cheating! Dont really know much about it!

try Shane Mcfaul, jesus Unzue, Sam Cowler (is great). Andrew tutte, Gary Gardner. dont knwo much else

i already have Andrew Tutte, ill give the other ones a look!