Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Crystal Palace

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sam94

Reaction score
View attachment 193088

Welcome to The Premier League Takeover! After buying this year's Football Manager a month or so back iv'e still to really sit down and give it a good go, so i came up with the idea to take on an English side who are outside the top 4 and mold them into not only the best in England but a European powerhouse for years and years to come.

Iv'e did something similar on past FM's taking Sevilla (13) and FC Twente (12) to the top but having never done it with an English side and i personally dont really ever go English teams on FM it should prove a good challenge and hopefully given its the BPL people can relate to it and hopefully enjoy the read!

As im not really 100% sure on who to go i thought id throw up a poll for a day or two and let you guys decide as im not really too fussed, here is the options i came up with and why...

Leicester City - Would be silly not to have Leicester on the list especially after how well they are doing in real life, recreating there season form would be hard, but making them the best of the best would be even tougher.

Liverpool - Although Liverpool are well known and have fairly solid depth they just aren't a top 4 side anymore (sorry Liverpool fans but its true) so thought it would be interesting to give them a shot.

Tottenham - Another team fairly similar to Liverpool but rather than being a top 4 side before Tottenham are slowly becoming stronger and stronger, especially over the past 5 years or so as they have a fairly solid team and could prove big things in the next few years.

Newcastle - Newcastle have struggled over the last few years since Pardew left when things were looking rather positive, a climb to the top with this lot would be tough, but what fun would it be without a challenge.

Stoke - Sort of always been mid-lower table, invested a bit of money and bought some nice players in the summer, would be interesting to try get them to the top.

Aston Villa - Another side thats rarely pushing into the top 8 or so would definitely be a hard ride to bring them onto the next level.

Crystal Palace - Similar to Leicester as Palace are always doing much better than expected in real life, so it would be another challenging team to manage.

There you have it! tried leaving out teams other people here on the forums are doing as a new story on a fresh team is always nice to see, if your interested in following all votes would be appreciated and ill start after a day or two with whatever the highest voted team is at the time!

Go easy on me please...

Last edited:
Will begin this tomorrow once the poll is done!

Villa. Would be solid and they have such a rich history. Plus, only one that needs a new gaffer

Although a Spurs supporter, I'd like to see Stoke become a powerhouse; they have such a good team IRL and are play nice football.

Although a Spurs supporter, I'd like to see Stoke become a powerhouse; they have such a good team IRL and are play nice football.

Yeah some nice decisions really, all picks would be interesting.