RobK888

Reaction score
Anyone else find that they sign the same players all the time? Mainly the wonderkids? I started as Liverpool and couldn't get into the save purely because just about all my budget was spent on players who were sent out on loan but I didn't want to miss out on them. Starting as Crystal Palace instead now in the hope they won't all be interested in me so I have to find some new players.

Ya, this is very common. I find it's a combination of creating/downloading a tactic you really like and that in your first saves, you had found a wonderkid that you know will (eventually) perform very well in it. Secondly, there is always those bargain/cheaper wonderkids that you can get for under 10M, who are as good/better than the ones you would have to spend 40M+ for; i.e. Mammana in the last 2-3 FM's, Barbosa in the last 3 or so, Balanta in the two previous versions, etc.

In 16, I have made a conservative effort to only try and get the same wonderkids once and implement a policy of trying to only get wonderkids with the nationality of the club/league I am playing with. For example, Guedes is perhaps my favorite wonderkid in 16, but I limited myself to only getting him in my Lyon save (I know, not same nationality) and not my current Tottenham one. So my Atletico save saw me get the likes of Gaya, while my Lyon save I went for Dembele, Lemar, Martial, Lucas and tons of lesser known French youngsters (Fulgini, Thuram, etc.) Currently with Tottenham, I have been stricter and have set out a goal of only signing British players, so have brought in Rhodes, Clough, Cook, Targett, Gauld, etc.