timmsy123

Reaction score
Alright guys, this is an idea I trialled to some success in FM10 and think it might be a good idea to see how it goes in FM11. Basically after looking at Sami Khedira's stats it screams out to be that it would be useful to retrain him as a striker. In the SS below I have highlighted the stats FM says are vital for a Target Man - Attack and Khedira scores highly in the majority of them...

View attachment 125305

Anyone who is playing as Real Madrid or has signed Khedira for another club I would recommend you having a go at retraining him as a striker, even if it is simply for backup in case of an injury crisis as it saves you having to spend money buying another striker.

If you fancy giving this a go, let me know how you get on and see if it proves successful.

Timmsy123
x

Last edited:
You'd have to brush up on his first touch to at least a 13.

Also, figure out how you're going to get the supply to him. Obviously aerially, but who supplies it, direct or on the floor, near post, far post etc.

I guess this isn't such a bad idea.

Though I'd like to see how easy the retraining would be, and is it worth the effort, as I don't believe he would be a starting striker for a top club, and I doubt he would join a club with lesser reputation.

Great to have as a backup though, would give you an option.

Could work, but technique and flair are quite low, then again they are not essential for a striker. His decisions would be a big plus.

So its saying that he is suited to play as a Target Man - Attack with the right training?

You put his attributes in an it matches them to attributes needed for a certain role. Basically saying hes got the attributes to a decent target man. He would need to be re-trained though because the program doesn't know if he is a striker or not..

Could work, but technique and flair are quite low, then again they are not essential for a striker. His decisions would be a big plus.

A target man doesn't really require those attributes though does he?

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

You put his attributes in an it matches them to attributes needed for a certain role. Basically saying hes got the attributes to a decent target man. He would need to be re-trained though because the program doesn't know if he is a striker or not..

Yeah I get you, will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Yeah, pretty much what Mally said above. What I was trying to show was that, with the re-training, there isn't much difference if you played him as a ball-winning midfielder or as a target man.

Yeah, pretty much what Mally said above. What I was trying to show was that, with the re-training, there isn't much difference if you played him as a ball-winning midfielder or as a target man.

Sounds good to me then, with this information it makes it even more worthwhile then surely?

i did a similar thing with essien. I trained him to play as full back (right) which he learned in 3 weeks and he has been playin as a full back for my Chelsea team for quite a while now

Real Madrid wanted to offload him in my game save. Offered him out for 5million in my 2nd season. Easily snapped him up for Ajax. Actually retrained him as a DC for backup. He fitted in well there, when playing him CM role he always got forward and scored a few screamers.

Left Ajax when I applied for vacancy at Leeds (who i support) trying to buy Sami again now for them.

He's awesome, I'm actually thinking of using him to partner Barrios in my Dortmund game. Got him on loan for 750k with a 2mil to-buy clause.

You might have a problem with his PPMs, right? I know he has "gets forward whenever possible", and I think "arrives late in opponent's box"........would those work well with a guy you want playing deep and holding the ball up? Passing not very good either and I like my target/support to have that.

Definitely an interesting idea, in my experience I could never get the most out of Khedira's excellent stats, too much attacking talent to make him an anchor man.