SamScfc

WINNING
Reaction score
How do..

This is my first 'threaded' tactic, but the second i've uploaded on FM-Base.

Well, the tactic was made by me trying to replicate the way the Krauts play, which was in my Leeds game, the first season I finished 8th in the Champonship, then the second season I came 4th and won promotion via the play-offs.

And, for those who have been following mine and Anu's Brighton story, this tactic got me to the play-offs but lost unluckily lost in the semi's. And currently I've been in and around the play-offs all season with a minimal budget.

I've recently tried it out with Rangers in the SPL, which is where I found the name of the tactic, the tactic didn't really work out in the SPL, until I edited it abit, I did lose the title to Celtic by 2 points, but I did beat them twice and draw against them, the tactic is called 'resilience' because when I'm in a winning position, it defends well, and gets goals against the run of play.

Results

How it works:

Defensive side:

View attachment 88267

As you can see on this screenshot, the opposition [Brentford] are on the attack and all of my players are behind the ball, even in a deep position, the only players in an attacking position, are my strikers, this shows the counter attacking side of the tactic.

I have made it very hard for Brentford to score, and when I get the ball, the strikers will be there to hold it up and in the next screenshot, you will see how we break from midfield.

Breaking from midfield:

View attachment 88268

The red line shows my midfield, and the furthest midfielder is Danny Drinkwater [CM], who has broke from midfield and is ahead of Febian Brandy, while the other centre midfielder is Damien Plessis, who is playing deep, as an anchor man to make sure Brentford don't counter-attack onto us if our attack goes wrong.

The wingers: The wingers are showing 2 different types of width, the right-midfielder [Deane Smalley] offers a little more width than the left winger [Franck Moussa]
The main reasoning by this is so one can get involved with the attacking side/defensive side and also allow the fullback more room to get forward and create an overlap. This winger is Franck Moussa [LM] The other winger offers a little more width, to stretch the defence which will create more space for the midfielders to break into and make sure the right back doesn't come forward, this winger is Deane Smalley [RM]

The strikers

The nearest striker is Febian Brandy who is playing deep which allows the centre midfielder to get forward and pull the centreback away from the runner, the other striker is Filipe Sebo, who is offering width to pull the centre back away from Brandy [who is on the ball]

The formation is 4-4-2 and this is the roles and duties of each player.

GK- Sweeper Keeper - Defend

RB-
Full Back - Support
CB-
Limited Defender - Stopper
CB- Central Defender - Cover
LB- Full Back - Automatic

RM-
Winger - Attack
CM- Centre Midfielder - Attack
CM- Centre Midfielder - Defend
LM- Winger - Support

ST-
Complete Forward - Attack
ST- Advanced Forward - Attack.

Oh yeah, probably my best result but no-one believed me [Max and Frankie.;)]

View attachment 88281

JUST TO MAKE IT EASIER:
This tactic may not play amazing, breathtaking, super, football, but it will scrape out results at important times.

NOTE: I saved the tactic as 'Overload' so you might want to change that!

DOWNLOAD HERE

or..

HERE
[without the overload]

Or Download via FM-Base: HERE

Last edited:
Loos good, I made a similair tactic and it works very well. Well done and it is a good tactic if you have the right squad

Loos good, I made a similair tactic and it works very well. Well done and it is a good tactic if you have the right squad

Yeah, it is about the right players, you can tinker with the formation and it would still work. :)

Look's good mate.

Might give it ago sometime.. :D

EDITED OP

Might give it ago sometime.. :D

So you should do :D

Just downloaded it I am going to use it first game.

Cheers, let me know how you get on.

Really nice work Sam,will download this soon. :)

Cheers again :D

As always I will give it a bash :)

Didn't expect that, but cheers :D

and you used to say i have too much free time? ;)

Shut it, I was bored. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Anybody tried it out?

great tactic mate works wiv ma parlemo team:)

I played this Tactic in a Tottenham game in StuW's update. (first season)

And won 4-1 against At. Madrid! (H)

Will post a screenie laterrrr! (K)

Last edited: