San Marino Challenge - My Experience

seanhrfc

Reaction score
As Football Manager 2013 draws in, it seems I have left it late to enjoy a long career with San Marino on FM12. However, like last year I don't plan to get the new one until Christmas (new patch and hey someone may buy it for me if I'm lucky).

First off my experience of the San Marino challenge is slightly different than those that embarked on the journey many months before. Somehow San Marino FC managed to get promotion in real life to Serie C1, so starting with LFCMarshall's Update I started a step closer to the top. Also, for some reason, my regens come in aged 17-20 :/ so this could have some different impacts on my game. I guess most significantly, after searching for the almighty Enzo Scorza, I noticed he wasn't on my game :O who will I find to score the goals needed in the lower leagues?

I will use this post as an introduction to my game, then update with screen shots etc of my seasons. I've just completed my fourth season, and there are a few surprises in store! I will update with Serie C1 / B first, then my first season in Serie A, 2nd season in Serie A and finally national team development.

Serie C1 2011/12 and Serie B 2012/13

View attachment 280519View attachment 280520

I managed to bag back to back promotions to Serie A, it certainly wasn't easy and promotion came down to the last couple of games.

Key signings in first season Tiago Tremonti, Deyvid Sacconi, Wagner and Cristian Zanetti.

Key signings in second season Osariemen Ebagua (bought for 200k, sold on for 4mil!), Branimir Kostadinov (bought for 130k, sold for 350k), Pedro Oldoni, Lorenzo Crisetig (Loan) and Felice Piccoli (Loan) Got in a Spanish youngster, Fran Cortegoso for 5k, sold him on a season and a half later for 5mil+ with clauses and now described as Wonderkid!

View attachment 280521View attachment 280522

Here's my Best 11's......Got my one from Serie B to point out there was a problem there :S Never had that before. As you can see from C1 - Tremonti, Sacconi, Lavecchia and Wagner were the teams top performers

Key man for me in serie B was Wagner, club top scorer with 22 goals! Of course from corners.

This is a small update as my game gets a lot more interesting in Serie A, which will be posted shortly.