hh12345

Reaction score
Having read about the previous San Marino challenge and as this game has been getting too easy I am going to start this on my own with a few differences.

I have activated the San Marino League and Cup: Made it as realistic as possible.
I have removed all Italian players from team San Marino Italian league team

For the game:
Loaded leagues: San Marino and Italy (all the way down)
Database: Custom with every international player around the world loaded (will make intenrational matches more realistic), medium size

I will manage at the same time the country San Marino, the italian team San Marino and the best team in the amateur San Marino League. To do this I need to make 3 seperate managers which is annoying but I have to live with it.

My objective is to progress the nation and teams as much as possible improving facilities and hopefully resulting in better player regeneration. I will never use a player who is not eligible for San Marino so getting the Italian team far will be a long and difficult process (particularly 1st season as they were predicted to finish 1st but the squad were all italian before I released them in the editor!). I also expect to make more money from the Amateur San Marino team as hopefully I should win the league yearly and compete in the Champions League qualies which hands a couple of 100k out even if you loose straight away. I will develop my youth players in San Marino before signing them for the Italian team.

Initial target: Break San Marino into world top 100: Get San Marino (italian team) to Seria B and consistently win the San Marino league and get the team to a semi-pro status.

Good to see someone else playing with San Marino- we can share ideas :)

The only thing I'd say with your tactic is that the players who San Marino (nation) are nearly all worthless, so only using San Marinese guys with the Italian club I think is a bit of a waste of time- it's just going to make improving your youth facilities take longer- and that is about the most important thing to do.

You playing as 3 different managers?

I know the San Marino players are worthless:) But if you take the best ones(from San Marino league and free transfers) you can just about compete in the 3rd league and I wanted a challenge (I am not one of those players who will save and replay a game or cheat in any way as it ruins the experience. My progress in this game will be slow and except for the San Marino league I expect very limited success!) In fm2010 I took Platense (weaker side in Argentina 2nd) to become 4 times World Cub Champions with all the top South American players in my team. Now I want to concentrate on the challenge of having poor players and suceeding due to tactics rather than being good at making money and buying the best players. Hopefully I can make money by spending almost 0 on transfers and having low wages so what money there is can go to facilities.

I needed to have 3 managers in order to manage the 3 teams at once and this is annoying but I cant see a way around it. I see the San Marino league side as my development/youth side who providing they win the league and partake in the CL qaulies get a good income each year. Beacuse they are amateur they have 0 wage expenses. I will loan them all the players I dont need in the Italian team.

I will use the same 2 tactics for all 3 teams so that the players can easily adapt to promotion/international scene.So far worked out that wingers in this version are hopeless if they have no pace so better to go with more CM players and an AM behind the forwards or DM infront of the defenders depending on the opposition. Will change this potentially based on the regens. Any further tactical advice for example the best tempo for a side with little speed and skill would be helpful!

5 year aim would be Seria B consolidation, top 150 world ranking and semi-pro San Marino league team.

Well I'll give you advice from my Fm 09 San Marino save where I played about 8-9 seasons. Basically the nations seems to never produce good wingers, they were always the weakest part of my team, and the full backs aren't much better. They always seemed to produce good centrebacks and central midfielders/defensive midfielders, so build on this and try to have them be the cornerstone of your team. I always tried to focus not on pace but on passing ability as this is what my teams tended to be strong at- but by that point I was playing entirely with regens, except Simoncini.

As for players, on FM 09 Simoncini ended up plying his trade in Serie B/Serie C1 and was easily the best non-regen player in the game. Selva retired after 3-4 years and I brought Nicola Ciacci in, but Matteo Vitaioli can also develop into an OK player. Other players you should use are:

Alex Gasperoni- the best winger and also plays well as an AM, his stats aren't great but he always played hard and did actually get quite a lot of assists
Carlo Valentini- Versatile and not too old yet, he was a good squad player for a good 5 year sin my game
Damiano Vannucci- Yes he's very old but use him as much as you can before he retires, he always seemed to perform well

And that's about it from what I remember of the non regen players, just keep using them and pray for good regens. By the end of my last game I had 3 good regens, a CB playing for Forest who had established themselves as a lower premiership side, and two CMs who were solid Serie B players. I also had a striker who was potentially good enough to play in Serie A. Basically you want to build your tactic around the best players, and don't hesitate to give young potentials caps early on in their career as their isn't much difference between an awful 30 year old and an awful 18 year old :p

But yeah, the early years are rough- stick at it though :)

Got the game going and just finished pre season and played 1 competative game. Out of the Italian cup! Although not too bad a performance away to a much stronger side. Lost 2-0 and could have scored. Have signed 11 players although not the starting 11 National players as some greedy ones want 1000 a week and a few wont join or I cant sign as they are under 23 and playing in a amateur team without paying considerable compensation. I am also limited by a 4500 a week wage cap.

My team should hopefully be competative in the 4th tear of Italian football but will need significant improvements should I ever want to get to Seria B.

The San Marino team should be easyish as being an amateur team you can almost steal any of the other teams players! Ironically they have 350k in the bank after appearing in the CL (before the game started). Need to make sure I appear in the CL each year to have money to invest.

Will continue tomorrow with 1st National team game straight up.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

And thanks for the advice. I have also adopted a no winger formation albeit a lot more defensive a formation than yours. I play 4 at the back, 3 DCM 2 ACM and 1 up front. 2 of the DCM and the LB and RB have a license to get forward. Play a slow tempo and short passing game. Will adapt this if someone with pace is ever generated or if someone can pass and create.

What team you managing in the San Marinese league? I was thinking about maybe trying that out as well, improving the quality of the league should also improve quality of regens and in the long run speed things up.

Also a few pictures of the Italian club side and what 26 man national squad you pick would be nice :)

I will try and get some pics. I am managing Tre Fiori. Quite fun in that you can sign virtually anyone in San Marino over the age of 23 for free on anamateur basis. SO not too bad a team for the league. About to start again now. SLow progress as playing two teams at once takes a long time although at least I am not spending any time looking for new transfers!

Hi I'm a fellow San Marino challenger, as well as an Italian lower leagues veteran! Right now I'm comfortably leading serie C1 (though out of cups :() with our Sammarinese Titani, feel free to share any ideas for the developing of club/NT or ask anything about players/tactics.

I had a tactic thread for my 4-2-3-1 (which I created for serie C2 side Pro Patria before starting over with San Marino), which worked fine in C1 and C2, maybe you want take a look!

My biggest issue right now is to actually take control of the NT (their manager can never get sacked!), then I'd like foreign players to take sammarinese nationality, which seems impossible (I mean not available in this game). It is a bug or what?

Tempted to attempt something like this, i started a San Marino save the other week and played about 2 years didn't tinker tactics etc because wanted to wait for new patch- its out so i might well try this.

One bad thing about the new patch is that Salva has retired :(

I have downloaded a San Marino database and customized it.

I changes so that the teams a allowed to have up to 3 players from other contires.
0 from not EU contries.
And must have 4 players under 21 years.
All the teams have football academiss.

I play with Tre Flori.