xdannyw92

Reaction score
SantosFC-vi.jpg

Santos Hire Ricardo Lima

Brazil's most famous club has today confirmed former player, Ricardo Lima as the clubs new manager after a month long search for a new boss. It is Lima's first step into management.

He had a playing career that included 108 first team appearances for Santos as a midfielder, bagging 19 goals. Although never winning a cap for Brazil he then spent the peak of his career at German side Hannover, before returning back to Brazil to see out his career at Gremio.

Santos will begin their 2012 campaign with friendlies at Guarani and Santo Andre, before kicking off the Sao Paulo State Championship at home against Botafogo (SP).

Lima told the media; "I am very excited about becoming Santos' new boss. It's a club I have shared most of my life with and to come back is a dream come true. There are some very good players here and I will do the best I can to keep hold of them."

When asked about Neymar's impending move to Barcelona Lima responded with; "Neymar is a Santos player. Any offer from Barcelona will be looked at and turned down. He is one of the best in the world, perhaps in the top one."

Before I read through that my comment was going to be "I'm guessing you're going to hold on to Neymar for as long as you can". Even though it's pretty much fact that in real life he can't be called one of the best in the world until he moves. Could also say the same about the game, but he's basically Santos' only player. Sell him and you haven't got a chance.