Santa Cruz refusing contract talks

alexjp123

Reaction score
I've just finished my first season with Everton.

At the start of the season I signed Roque Santa Cruz on loan with an agreed future fee of £2.4m

I've played him near enough every game, scoring 19 goals in all competitions. I've consistently praised him when he plays really well.

I finished 4th in the league - so Champions League action on the way - and i won the Carling Cup.

When i offer the agreed sum to Man City, they obv accept...but he refuses to enter contract talks with me. His loan is about to finish and i don't want to spend £4m on him!

Who does he think he is? Any suggestions?

he does not want to join your club, its simple, your clubs rep is too low for him (even though he will rot in the reserves in City instead)

go find another striker, or loan him again :) what you could do and could happen is that you can offer to buy him after he returns to City and can see if he will join you then :)

its happened before like that that the player will sign after the loan being finished, wait for the new season to start as well :) get all your transfer and wage budgets, but there are better players :)

I know there are better strikers but i thought it would just be a steal at £2.4m!

i made a transfer offer after the loan ran out and he accepted talks but wanted £120k a month - so just got him on loan again!!!